[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Apr 16, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #2,101 of 3,610
lol, yeah that's what I meant. I haven't done it in about 15 years back when you actually ripped cds in order to burn mp3s onto one big huge dvd!
I hear ya, those DVD massive music compilations :D Lol I still do it, the ripping, sometimes, but to FLAC instead of MP3. It requires patience.. hehe.

Apr 16, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #2,102 of 3,610
It's VLC :) yeah I like it quite a bit.
Here more pics, the one below is Pulsar, *really* beautiful and the other Fiio Music 1.0.1

I think (not sure though) that he may mean the memory, not the storage. For what it's worth, I DID TRY HibyMusic in the SD Card and didn't even start, so he definitely is on to something :D
Wow, FiiO Player 1.0.1 for X7ii definitely looks nice! Here's hoping they finally include it on the next FW update of M6. Pulsar's not too bad, either. Great looking player, too. :D

Regarding JamesFiiO's explanation, I'm pretty sure he's referring to internal storage, not RAM. M6's RAM is only 768MB, not 4GB (in which the capacity the internal storage has). He said "4GB" on that post.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #2,103 of 3,610
It's VLC :) yeah I like it quite a bit.
Here more pics, the one below is Pulsar, *really* beautiful and the other Fiio Music 1.0.1

I think (not sure though) that he may mean the memory, not the storage. For what it's worth, I DID TRY HibyMusic in the SD Card and didn't even start, so he definitely is on to something :D
Hi, which VLC Version runs on M6? I have copied VLC 3.2.0 armv7 Version, but Installation on M6 stops without finishing?

Apr 16, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #2,104 of 3,610
Wow, FiiO Player 1.0.1 for X7ii definitely looks nice! Here's hoping they finally include it on the next FW update of M6. Pulsar's not too bad, either. Great looking player, too. :D

Regarding JamesFiiO's explanation, I'm pretty sure he's referring to internal storage, not RAM. M6's RAM is only 768MB, not 4GB (in which the capacity the internal storage has).

Oh you're right, didn't read the 4G thing. But again I tried installing it to the SD Card and it totally makes the M6 mad haha. Maybe some Hiby trick :wink:
I sent a mail to support with my findings, maybe they'll be listened. Let's see! :)

Apr 16, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #2,105 of 3,610
Hi, which VLC Version runs on M6? I have copied VLC 3.2.0 armv7 Version, but Installation on M6 stops without finishing?

Oh it's a process I've mentioned before. Not official, involves decompiling, touching up code, impersonating not for everyday usage :)
I did it to test which apps *might* run fine in the M6.

It won't run as it is, since it's not in the "whitelist"

Apr 16, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #2,106 of 3,610
thanks for trying. I really hoped that this would work. Its a major improvement over the existing M6 app.

Wow, FiiO Player 1.0.1 for X7ii definitely looks nice! Here's hoping they finally include it on the next FW update of M6. Pulsar's not too bad, either. Great looking player, too. :D.

We should put some pressure on Fiio, with Hiby music disqualified we should get at least vlc, pulsar or the updated Fiio music app (which they say they keep only for X devices but seeing it works on M6 makes no sense to keep from us...).

M6 is just lagging behind in it's music app. Search and accents not working, and interface is horrible. @JamesFiiO @FiiO Fix Fiio music app and update it to the latest version or at least let us install VLC/sonar.

Btw, Pulsar is just 10mb, it works in way worse Android devices (Old 4.4 devices with 512 mb of ram and dual core processors) so...

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #2,107 of 3,610
If you need WiFi streaming the M6 is totally different than the M7. The form factor is totally different too. Besides being able to use Spotify, Tidal, Deezer etc. It's possible to play, using a method or two, to a wireless WiFi receiver rather than a Bluetooth receiver. The quality of WiFi/HiFi over Bluetooth is very real. The World Radio app is a goldmine of streamed music too. As an example of form factor, I use the M6 over the M9, because the M6 is so good for handling.
Steve
Sorry i made mistake . Meant to write M7 is not better than M6

Apr 16, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #2,108 of 3,610
We should put some pressure on Fiio, with Hiby music disqualified we should get at least vlc, pulsar or the updated Fiio music app (which they say they keep only for X devices but seeing it works on M6 makes no sense to keep from us...).

M6 is just lagging behind in it's music app. Search and accents not working, and interface is horrible. Fix fiio music and update it to the latest version or at least let us install VLC.
It's only natural that they wouldn't consider HibyMusic in the whitelist, since they are from a competitor, as I've said many times before (since Hiby also manufacture DAPs). Well, FiiO's own music app is good, but is plagued with some issues like the accented characters sometimes not displaying properly (it displays Chinese characters instead; apparently the app has character encoding issues), folder view not arranged alphabetically, and wonky search function (as reported by some).

At least if they don't want to add more player apps in the whitelist, at least fix the aformentioned issues on their own app.

Apr 16, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #2,109 of 3,610
Hi there, someone know if its possible to use this kind of remote bluetooth control on M6?
control-bluetooth-para-volante.jpg

Apr 16, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #2,111 of 3,610
Sorry i made mistake . Meant to write M7 is not better than M6

I don't think you can make a blanket statement like that in all fairness. In some ways the M7 is better, 1) having the separate volume wheel vs combo buttons on M6 is better. 2) The M7 has a larger battery and better battery life so I call that better. To me it has a more solid build and sounds better and yes I have compared it directly to the M6. Again it depends on what you are looking for in a DAP. If I had the M6 I would probably still use my phone when I want to stream, it seems to just do it better with alot less hassle from what I am reading in this thread at least.

Apr 16, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #2,112 of 3,610

M6 is just lagging behind in it's music app. Search and accents not working, and interface is horrible. @JamesFiiO @FiiO Fix Fiio music app and update it to the latest version or at least let us install VLC/sonar.

Btw, Sonar is just 10mb, it works in way worse Android devices (Old 4.4 devices with 512 mb of ram and dual core processors) so...

Cool can you point me to Sonar's play store entry or apk? I cannot find it, thanks!

Apr 16, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #2,113 of 3,610
My word is beyond reproach, and being the DAP master I am and having bestowed on me all the knowledge and wisdom of all the multiverse - I proclaim, (because I own it) :wink: the Fiio m6 superior to the Fiio m7.

Now that the matter is set to rest we can move on.

You're welcome:)

Apr 16, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #2,114 of 3,610
It's only natural that they wouldn't consider HibyMusic in the whitelist, since they are from a competitor, as I've said many times before (since Hiby also manufacture DAPs). Well, FiiO's own music app is good, but is plagued with some issues like the accented characters sometimes not displaying properly (it displays Chinese characters instead; apparently the app has character encoding issues), folder view not arranged alphabetically, and wonky search function (as reported by some).

At least if they don't want to add more player apps in the whitelist, at least fix the aformentioned issues on their own app.

Pulsar would be really great, nice material design interface and fluid performance (10mb Rom, 512mb system ram requirement)

Cool can you point me to Sonar's play store entry or apk? I cannot find it, thanks!

Sorry, I meant Pulsar.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #2,115 of 3,610
I don't think you can make a blanket statement like that in all fairness. In some ways the M7 is better, 1) having the separate volume wheel vs combo buttons on M6 is better. 2) The M7 has a larger battery and better battery life so I call that better. To me it has a more solid build and sounds better and yes I have compared it directly to the M6. Again it depends on what you are looking for in a DAP. If I had the M6 I would probably still use my phone when I want to stream, it seems to just do it better with alot less hassle from what I am reading in this thread at least.
You are right. I should have been more subjective. My apologies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back