[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Mar 7, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #1,636 of 3,610
So I talked with AVGear and was able to get my order cancelled, and was offered the M7 at the same price of the M6. Can anyone here attest for how the M7 is and how it's sound signature is? Also looking into the Sony Walkman A-45, Hiby R3, and Shanling m0 as other options for pairing with my ATH-MSR7

I kind of compared all those to m6 earlier in the thread. But it all depends on if you want streaming- m6 and R3 or a tiny dap like M0. Or something with really good battery life - A45. Don't have any experience with M7. The R3 and the Sony are a bit warmer than the others. M0 is a bit accentuated on the highs and m6 is the closest to neutral. They all sound good, and I'm sure m7 does too.

Mar 7, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #1,637 of 3,610
Got mine from Amazon Italy today. It seems that there is no shipping problems here in Europe because I got mine in four days and most of the Amazon Europe locations had it ready to ship.

After couple hours of use have to say that I’m really happy with the purchase. Of course there is some quirks but overall the product is good. Really like the sound and usability. Biggest downside is the fact that you can’t stream Tidal while using Bluetooth headphones, but I downloaded most of my albums offline and then it works smoothly. LDAC with Sony WH1000MK2 sounds amazing. To me there is no reason to go wireless. Also Bluetooth to my KEF LS50 wireless worked great. Considering the price I’d say this is almost perfect :ok_hand:

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #1,639 of 3,610
Yep same here, a slightly inferior version, it's probably even faster than in my Motorola G5 lol (the advantages of not having a monster phone anymore!)
@superuser1 upon your comment I investigated and there exists a Spotify Lite version (Beta, quite Beta.. it's 0.11 version or something)
Besides not being whitelisted of course, it lacks unfortunately some key features, offline listening (not a deal breaker for me) and apparently hi quality audio even for premium users (stupid, and a dealbreaker).

It's breezy of course, as can be expected. Here's to hoping Spotify will keep working on this app but it seems to be primarily targeted at poor countries (like mine lol) and lower end phones (M6! M6!)

Mar 7, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #1,640 of 3,610
And the stuttering tidal when using Bluetooth, cmon where’s James!
Dear friend, Have you tried to update the Tidal in 2.11.4 for check? Because some users mentioned their issue with Tidal solved after the APP update.

For the record (pun!) I upgraded my Tidal version to 2.11.5.892.4 and yeah, at least with the one album I tried (Gaucho! by Steely) it played perfectly via bluetooth over to my BTR1K + PX100II.
GREAT! :)

Mar 7, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #1,641 of 3,610
Spotify works well but is soooo laggy .. i wonder why!??
Is delay on spotify streaming cause a practical problem. Sorry for asking but i couldn’t imagine a real issue here but it could for sure ruin pleasure of a i.e. video streaming due to sound/pic syncronization problem rather than spotify as sole music streamer app (except for waiting for a second after pressing play button to hear the song.) Am I wrong?

Mar 7, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #1,643 of 3,610
This talk of the M6 having the Exynos 7570 rather than the Exynos 7270 I think is wishful thinking. It would make everything that FiiO have told us, and sworn by inaccurate. Can we leave it out until James denies or confirms?
@JamesFiiO
Please deal with these rumours. Do any M6s have an upgraded Exynos 7570 chip?

Steve
Dear friend,

Acutally, 7270 chip is simplified from 7570 chip. So most of their codes are same. For more information, you could contact Samsung for help.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 7, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #1,644 of 3,610
Anybody now why the sd card always ejects on this device? Have no manually reinsert for it to appear again, all the time, very annoying. Might just RMA it if there is no solution.
Dear friend,

Please try another SD cards and do a factory restore first.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 7, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #1,645 of 3,610
I got the same deal from avgearshop and got mine last week and I am extremely happy with it. If you don't need wifi and streaming I recommend you give it a try. Obviously I can't compare it to the M6 but I also have the M0 and while they have a similar sound I prefer the M7 sound. It is slightly fuller with better staging and a smoother slightly warmer sound that is less fatiguing to listen to . It is more expensive than the M0 but it really is better in pretty much every area except with a little less power but if you are using iem's or efficient headphones like me the power is more than adequate.

I think you really need to try the M0 to see if you find the tiny screen usable. I am actually selling my M0 right now and while I like it alot for the money I just found the tiny screen aggravating to use. From what I have read in reviews about the MSR7's as I considered them the M7 should drive them just fine. I think given how detailed sounding the MSR7's are pairing them with the M0 could get fatiguing very quickly. Even with my B&W P5S2's I could only listen to the M0 for an hour max at a time. So far I can listen to the M7 for hours with its more refined sound and fatigue isn't an issue.

I am a Sony fan and owned the A17 for 4 years but I haven't tried the A45 so others can probably give a better impression. There are a few reviews that compare the R3 to the M7 but you will get much better battery life with the M7 with almost as much power.

Where are you looking at the R3? The only Canadian dealer I found offering it was headphonebar and they were sold out for quite awhile.

Thanks for the information! Yeah for my oversized hands the m0 would be a last resort due to that form factor. I do plan to use mostly my own files from an SD card, however USB Dac functionality and Wi-Fi would be a plus but in the end not a deal breaker. As usual, Sony is using proprietary components so we don't know what exactly the dac chip is but i suspect it will be a warmer dap due to their house sound. The R3 would be off the Head-Fi boards.

My number one priority is something that will tone down the slight sibilance and to prop up the lack of low end in the MSR7. From your impressions, it seems as though the M7 will be great. Have you tried using the FM radio at all by any chance?

Mar 7, 2019 at 11:30 PM Post #1,646 of 3,610
Thanks for the information! Yeah for my oversized hands the m0 would be a last resort due to that form factor. I do plan to use mostly my own files from an SD card, however USB Dac functionality and Wi-Fi would be a plus but in the end not a deal breaker. As usual, Sony is using proprietary components so we don't know what exactly the dac chip is but i suspect it will be a warmer dap due to their house sound. The R3 would be off the Head-Fi boards.

My number one priority is something that will tone down the slight sibilance and to prop up the lack of low end in the MSR7. From your impressions, it seems as though the M7 will be great. Have you tried using the FM radio at all by any chance?

Just to clarify, Sony doesn’t use DACs but class D digital amps of their own design that go right into the low pass filter for analog output.

Mar 8, 2019 at 12:38 AM Post #1,647 of 3,610
Just to clarify, Sony doesn’t use DACs but class D digital amps of their own design that go right into the low pass filter for analog output.

Thank you for clarifying! Now if I was to get the A45, it would only be 40ish dollars more over the M7. If you do have any experience with this DAP or other S-Master HX (CXD3778GF) products from Sony, how did you find it?

Mar 8, 2019 at 12:41 AM Post #1,648 of 3,610
Out of curiosity, did they make any mention as to why the shipping is so delayed? Meaning did they say it was a Canada Post issue or a supply one on their end? Fish1050 just got the M7 from AVGear, he should be able to help you out.

They Did not mention that but did say they would open a claim leading to an investigation but that would take until Monday at the earliest. By that point it would be a month since I placed my order, and I honestly couldn't wait much longer so I cancelled my order and am leaning towards going into the shop and buying the M7 as I am in the same city as AVGear

Mar 8, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #1,650 of 3,610
Thank you for clarifying! Now if I was to get the A45, it would only be 40ish dollars more over the M7. If you do have any experience with this DAP or other S-Master HX (CXD3778GF) products from Sony, how did you find it?

Yes I had the A45, it’s a really nice unit, great battery life and a nice EQ dsp system. It has the general Sony house sound with a great sound stage and nice bass response. Has a nice radio also. Since I’ve never heard m7 I can’t be much help there.

But m6 is more accurate sounding and more neutral than A45.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back