[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Dec 24, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #181 of 3,610
Received my M6 yesterday, super fast delivery, ordered it Wednesday Thank You Fiio and DHL!
So far everything sounds great, much better and more dynamic than the M7 I briefly had. Battery life seems really good but I’ll let reviewers do all that stuff, I love the sound thank you Fiio!

Dec 24, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #182 of 3,610
Hi, I just created an account on this forum because I have some questions about the M6.

Currently, I'm using a Fiio X1 (second gen). The reason I bought this back in March was because my bluetooth signal on my smartphone didn't work anymore. I didn't want to buy a new smartphone and went looking for a cheaper solution.
What I noticed about the X1 is that the bluetooth really wasn't good at all. While listening to my wireless headphone I got at least 1 interruption in every song.

So my first question: how is the quality of the bluetooth on this new M6 model? I can understand there is an interruption from time to time, but it should be only one interruption in a whole album imo...

Second question I have: does the M6 have an explorer mode? Everything on my SD-card is put in different maps by genre, and I really like navigating through my collection this way...

I really hope someone can answer these 2 questions, because I really want to buy an M6 if the answers to these questions are positive :)

Thanks in advance, happy Christmas, and above all friendly greetings from Belgium :wink:

Dec 24, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #183 of 3,610
Hi, I just created an account on this forum because I have some questions about the M6.

Currently, I'm using a Fiio X1 (second gen). The reason I bought this back in March was because my bluetooth signal on my smartphone didn't work anymore. I didn't want to buy a new smartphone and went looking for a cheaper solution.
What I noticed about the X1 is that the bluetooth really wasn't good at all. While listening to my wireless headphone I got at least 1 interruption in every song.

So my first question: how is the quality of the bluetooth on this new M6 model? I can understand there is an interruption from time to time, but it should be only one interruption in a whole album imo...

Second question I have: does the M6 have an explorer mode? Everything on my SD-card is put in different maps by genre, and I really like navigating through my collection this way...

I really hope someone can answer these 2 questions, because I really want to buy an M6 if the answers to these questions are positive :)

Thanks in advance, happy Christmas, and above all friendly greetings from Belgium :wink:

hey dude, marry christmas also from germany :)

i got my M6 last monday. since then i've been playing around with it. and i find it perfect for me. im using it both ways either bluetooth or wired.
with 3,5mm output would more likely the same like your fiio X1. im tested with my m40x and ath-ar5bt(wired) both works perfectly without underpower.
and i did try Bluetooth also with aptxHD connection with my ath-ar5bt sound great. but for me, i find it little bit underpower when you using Bluetooth (well depends on your headphone).In my case i can accept it because my ath-ar5bt advertised, that the sound quality is way better with cable, i could imagine people with sony Headphone can enjoy better sound quality with LDAC. because the build mostly plastic and some kind of glass back, so it can maintan it connection well even tough you put the player in your pocket and there's only 0.5 secend between songs ( wich i find nice)
i do still have my Sony nw-a35 but the power output is only 1/3 comparism with M6. and my Decission was correct. Everything i missed in Sony are in M6 (Decent Poweroutput, Streaming capabilty, Lineout for amp, silly sony cable and annoying OCD idtag for albumarts -.-'') without secrificing anything i loved from the Sony.
i did try stack it with my Fiio A3, in case you have more power hungry headphone. from the Size they are almos identical. so still feel so pocketable.
and for your second question. yes it can, you can acces your songs through genre, either from Fiio Music app ( but i think here you have to sort it out based on idtag ), or you can also go through your SD card in File management app (if you already sorted it out using folder)

IMG_20181225_030606.jpg IMG_20181225_031051.jpg IMG_20181225_030352.jpg IMG_20181225_031017.jpg

and did stumble on these Fixate gel. its the best solution if you want to stack your DAP and dont want to using some annoying rubber band.
i hope i can help everyone here in the Thread :)

marry Christmas everybody :)

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #186 of 3,610
How do you tell what Bluetooth codec it's connected to? I'm suppose to be getting LDAC (XM3) but the quality doesn't sound LDAC but I can't say for sure, just feels like it isn't LDAC quality. I did choose LDAC - Quality Priority but the Bluetooth icon doesn't have the letter L or similar to it like the other devices I have.

Also, not sure if it's the due to the XM3, but the volume is weak, how do I go about this? It's on 100 yet it's very low.

Dec 25, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #187 of 3,610
How do you tell what Bluetooth codec it's connected to? I'm suppose to be getting LDAC (XM3) but the quality doesn't sound LDAC but I can't say for sure, just feels like it isn't LDAC quality. I did choose LDAC - Quality Priority but the Bluetooth icon doesn't have the letter L or similar to it like the other devices I have.

Also, not sure if it's the due to the XM3, but the volume is weak, how do I go about this? It's on 100 yet it's very low.
when i got connected at the first time. on the screen there was some kind of 0.5 animation on screen showing i connected with aptxHD. i presume, it would be the same with LDAC. when you first connected the bluetooth on settings screen. there's should be short animation showing wich bluetooth connection you are.

Dec 25, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #188 of 3,610
6B5AD986-F084-4832-AB06-92126D36DCF1.jpeg Have you guys ever experienced this before? What is your opinion on this? Would you accept?

It’s TakstarAudio Store on Aliexpress

Dec 25, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #189 of 3,610
Have you guys ever experienced this before? What is your opinion on this? Would you accept?

It’s TakstarAudio Store on Aliexpress

you should've bought from Fiio official Store on ali. but anyway, i saw only around 70 pcs available on Fiio official Store at the fisrt day. It could be yours from Takstaraudio was another Production Batch, wich they have to do quality control. i guess its pretty normal they do quality control. since you got from another seller, it means Fiio prepared the Production Batch for retailer. and if i was a seller, would do the same, so the seller wont send defect order.

Dec 25, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #190 of 3,610
I’m actually thinking about buying the M6 or an AM2A amp module for my Q5. Any suggestions?

Dec 25, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #191 of 3,610
when i got connected at the first time. on the screen there was some kind of 0.5 animation on screen showing i connected with aptxHD. i presume, it would be the same with LDAC. when you first connected the bluetooth on settings screen. there's should be short animation showing wich bluetooth connection you are.
Fiio, can you explain this and if yes can you make it more obvious and always prominent. Not just when you connect. That means if you didn't look at the screen when connecting, you have to redo it to be sure

Dec 25, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #194 of 3,610

Hello SteelJaw, I'm using M6 with bluetooth headphones (Muzili Bluetooth headset) type airpods, I must say that with my old X1 2nd Gen I had the same problem, now with the M6 also holding it in the pants pocket feels perfectly without interruptions .
I must say fantastic ...
Browsing through folders is fast and smooth, but this also depends on how fast the SD card you use is not just a software problem.
Marco from Italy.

Dec 25, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #195 of 3,610
Hello SteelJaw, I'm using M6 with bluetooth headphones (Muzili Bluetooth headset) type airpods, I must say that with my old X1 2nd Gen I had the same problem, now with the M6 also holding it in the pants pocket feels perfectly without interruptions .
I must say fantastic ...
Browsing through folders is fast and smooth, but this also depends on how fast the SD card you use is not just a software problem.
Marco from Italy.

Thanks for the info Marco.

Btw, do you happen to know in what format it's best to put the micro-sd card in? For the Fiio X1, they recommended to put it in exFAT. Should I still use this, or go for the more common used FAT32?

And do you perhaps know if there is a way to see what the latest added albums on the micro-sd card are? I guess, since it's Android-based, that this is possible. So I mean when you put files on your card, that you afterwards can see on the player the latest added albums, going from most recent added albums to less recent added albums...

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back