[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Dec 25, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #196 of 3,610
Thanks for the info Marco.

Btw, do you happen to know in what format it's best to put the micro-sd card in? For the Fiio X1, they recommended to put it in exFAT. Should I still use this, or go for the more common used FAT32?

And do you perhaps know if there is a way to see what the latest added albums on the micro-sd card are? I guess, since it's Android-based, that this is possible. So I mean when you put files on your card, that you afterwards can see on the player the latest added albums, going from most recent added albums to less recent added albums...

Thanks in advance!

For me, I'm getting the opposite. It's not in my pocket, rather, it's literally directly with the headphones but i get stutter and so on pretty commonly. I don't know if it's because I'm trying to do LDAC (Quality priority) (there's three different LDAC settings - Connection Priority, Normal, Quality Priority) but i'm getting roughly one stutter a song, if not more.

Dec 25, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #197 of 3,610
Thanks for the info Marco.

Btw, do you happen to know in what format it's best to put the micro-sd card in? For the Fiio X1, they recommended to put it in exFAT. Should I still use this, or go for the more common used FAT32?

And do you perhaps know if there is a way to see what the latest added albums on the micro-sd card are? I guess, since it's Android-based, that this is possible. So I mean when you put files on your card, that you afterwards can see on the player the latest added albums, going from most recent added albums to less recent added albums...

Thanks in advance!

160/5000

I have formatted exFat and it works perfectly!
The FiiO Music app includes a "recent added" playlist, a "recently listened" and "most listened" list

Dec 25, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #198 of 3,610
For me, I'm getting the opposite. It's not in my pocket, rather, it's literally directly with the headphones but i get stutter and so on pretty commonly. I don't know if it's because I'm trying to do LDAC (Quality priority) (there's three different LDAC settings - Connection Priority, Normal, Quality Priority) but i'm getting roughly one stutter a song, if not more.

252/5000

I'm sorry that this happens to you! :frowning2:
Currently my setup is LDAC-Standard and my headphones have Bluetooth 5.0.
These headphones work perfectly with the M6, while with the X1 or with my mobile phone has the defect of interrupting frequently.

Dec 25, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #199 of 3,610
I'm gonna buy an M6, and try it first with my JBL E55BT. If I don't experience interruptions I'll buy a bluetooth headphone by Audio Technica. Because JBL headphones don't have the aptX codec.

Btw, Marco, I don't think that it matters that you use a 5.0 headphone, because the M6 only has bluetooth 4.2 :wink:

Also thanks for the info about the format of the sd card and the info about the recent added albums :)

Dec 25, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #200 of 3,610
Tried connecting the DAP directly to Windows 10 to do a USB transfer...however, when I try to open the SD Card (labeled M6 Micro SD after opening "Fiio M6") nothing is there. I do see both the internal and sd card on the Fiio M6,and do see directory structure on internal, just nothing on Micro SD...what am i doing wrong?

***ADD***
I also can't figure out how to get wifi transfer working...i've typed in the URL / Port on both brower and ftp clients but not picking it up

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #201 of 3,610
Tried connecting the DAP directly to Windows 10 to do a USB transfer...however, when I try to open the SD Card (labeled M6 Micro SD after opening "Fiio M6") nothing is there. I do see both the internal and sd card on the Fiio M6,and do see directory structure on internal, just nothing on Micro SD...what am i doing wrong?

***ADD***
I also can't figure out how to get wifi transfer working...i've typed in the URL / Port on both brower and ftp clients but not picking it up

i just tried connect to PC. i could still acces my song in my SD card. and didnt even bother to try wifi transfer (like hell i will gonna use that function in future :p) anyway you should try few times first. if it still like that. just mention Fiio in thread so you would get ther attention

Dec 25, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #202 of 3,610

***ADD***

I do not use the 2Gb available in the M6, but I use a 32Gb extFAT UHS-1 external card.
2Gb are too few for the music files I have.
Also I write them directly on the card from my Windows10 inserting it into my laptop.
Much faster.
I also tried the transfer WI-FI, but I think that deposits only within the M6 and you have no way to choose the destination of the file, this feature does not interest me because just there is no way to decide the destination of the file at least I could not do it.

Dec 25, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #204 of 3,610
I'm trying to avoid removing sd card from M6 and putting into Windows and back to M6. I just want to do a direct either USB or WiFI Transfer.

USB = The SD Card is labeled and shows up, it's just it's empty when i click on it. The Size Used / Avail / Total are correct
WiFi = Most likely not doing something right, but not picking up

Dec 25, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #205 of 3,610
I'm trying to avoid removing sd card from M6 and putting into Windows and back to M6. I just want to do a direct either USB or WiFI Transfer.

USB = The SD Card is labeled and shows up, it's just it's empty when i click on it. The Size Used / Avail / Total are correct

is it possible you have corrupted SD card?

Dec 25, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #206 of 3,610

Have you taken a look in the developer mode menu? There you can select the usb configuration. Normally this should be MTP, and I think that that is the standard. You can access this mode by going to settings<general<about device. There you have to tap build number a couple of times (I believe around 7 times). Afterwards developer mode is enabled, and you can select the usb configuration from there on :wink:

Dec 25, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #208 of 3,610
And anyway, can I say that FiiO Link is very comfortable?
The remote control of the M6 from the display of my mobile phone is really a useful thing and above all does not drain the battery of the cel and allows me to bring a lot of good music with high bitrate!
It would have been even better to be able to govern M6 in its entirety, not only inside the FiiO Music, but anyway, so it goes just fine !!!

Dec 25, 2018 at 11:23 PM Post #209 of 3,610
I haven't had time to play around with it and won't for a while but how does fiio link work? I noticed there's a server and client mode. Does Client mode make it like a remote controller from my other Android device or is this strictly to play music on another device (Server) to another (client)?

Also, what is USB Output mode DoP, D2P and Native?
What is Folder Through Playback?
How do I add more Themes (i noticed Android app version comes with a lot more)
Replay Gain?
is HWA a bluetooth codec (and if yes, is it better than LDAC?)

sorry for so many questions!

I also can't still figure out WiFi transfer still. SD Card to USB, gave up...just can't get it to display directory structure of SD Card (meaning i also can't see any files)

**ADD
Also, still needing to find out...how do you tell what bluetooth codec it's connected too. I don't see animation thing that was brought up earlier, but i noticed there's that normal bleutooth icon and another one that's similar but has an...arrow? right through the middle.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #210 of 3,610
I haven't had time to play around with it and won't for a while but how does fiio link work? I noticed there's a server and client mode. Does Client mode make it like a remote controller from my other Android device or is this strictly to play music on another device (Server) to another (client)?
You have to enable the FiiO Link on the FiiO Music app of the M6 and then enable FiiO Link as a client on the FiiO Music app of the mobile, at that point take full control of the FiiO Music of the M6, practically you have the same functions you would have on the M6.
Obviously mobile phone and M6 must be able to see through Bluetooth!

Also, what is USB Output mode DoP, D2P and Native?
http://www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40869
What is Folder Through Playback?
It should allow you to listen to tracks on different folders although you are not listening to a playlist!
How do I add more Themes (i noticed Android app version comes with a lot more)
I do not know this...
Replay Gain?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReplayGain
is HWA a bluetooth codec (and if yes, is it better than LDAC?)
HWA should mean Hi-Res Wireless Audio, it is practically an encoding that allows you to have a very high quality audio via wireless.
Even here if you search the internet you find articles.
sorry for so many questions!

I also can't still figure out WiFi transfer still. SD Card to USB, gave up...just can't get it to display directory structure of SD Card (meaning i also can't see any files)
I decided that the wi-fi transfer does not interest me, failing to decide or understand how to do, the destination, having decided to use only the SD card.
I find it much more convenient to remove the card from the M6 and work on the folders directly from my PC where I have programs to encode and manage MP3 tags.
Plus it's all much faster.

**ADD
Also, still needing to find out...how do you tell what bluetooth codec it's connected too. I don't see animation thing that was brought up earlier, but i noticed there's that normal bleutooth icon and another one that's similar but has an...arrow? right through the middle.
What do you mean by CODEC BLUETOOTH connected?
When my Bluetooth is on, I see the symbol at the top left next to the volume icon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back