[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Feb 17, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #1,261 of 3,610
Hello peoples!

Is it me? When I skip tracks on FiiO music it randomly selects a track from that album/playlist. Is there a way I can change this in the settings? There are a few albums I have that have songs that transition from one to another, but if it skips randomly it just kills it.

Thanks Peoples!

Feb 17, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #1,262 of 3,610
Just bumping this in case other people have had the same problem and found an answer or workaround?

This ^ along with the global search function needs to be addressed by Fiio, and we aren’t going to let them forget :wink:

And I’m using Bluetooth more than ever with the ES100, because it sounds silly good, so this needs to be fixed. I haven’t found a workaround, but I know Spotify doesn’t have this problem.

Feb 18, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #1,263 of 3,610
Hi everyone,
I just want to bring attention to something I believe some earlier users have touched on. It’s relating to the very slight “leaness” to the sound of the m6. It is especially notable in instruments as a slight shift in timbre giving the sound a slightly “trebbley” signature.
Now I would love to state that the sound is rich and full and this does nothing to take away from the overall killer product that the fiio m6 is. It has a brilliant treble extension, a wide sound stage (I listen on fh5, bgvp dmg), fast navigation and above all costs $180. You can’t beat that.
Could any experienced headfier advise me how to get this same fiio m6 sound but with a slightly lower timbre (I’m suspecting this is what some call “warmer” but I’m not sure) without breaking the bank.

Feb 18, 2019 at 4:01 AM Post #1,264 of 3,610
Hi everyone,
I just want to bring attention to something I believe some earlier users have touched on. It’s relating to the very slight “leaness” to the sound of the m6. It is especially notable in instruments as a slight shift in timbre giving the sound a slightly “trebbley” signature.
Now I would love to state that the sound is rich and full and this does nothing to take away from the overall killer product that the fiio m6 is. It has a brilliant treble extension, a wide sound stage (I listen on fh5, bgvp dmg), fast navigation and above all costs $180. You can’t beat that.
Could any experienced headfier advise me how to get this same fiio m6 sound but with a slightly lower timbre (I’m suspecting this is what some call “warmer” but I’m not sure) without breaking the bank.

Im using the M6 with the FH5 too, and find the pairing superb. I think, unless something grates specifically, try and let your brain accustom itself to the tonality. Otherwise you could shop around further for Iems. In all honesty, I can't hear anything deleterious with the M6 after directly listening to my Chord Mojo, maybe a bit sharper/more forward in the midrange with the M6; and the Mojo is much lauded for its natural timbre. Both sound super. Have you specifically compared it with something more "advanced"? Or is it just a feeling you have? As i write this I am switching back and forth between the M6 alone and as transport for Mojo, and as I say, both sound great (with the FH5's)

Feb 18, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #1,265 of 3,610
Hi everyone,

Well you could try the EQ, but I don’t like the way it muffles the sound- basically neutering it. Or we can hope Fiio will add a better EQ or dsp suite. Or as salla45 said you can get used to it - it is very nice sounding.

I do have one more suggestion, spend a 100 more and get the EarStudio ES100 Bluetooth amp, it has a nicer sound stage and an iPod/Android companion app with a very good Eq and dac settings that can really make a huge difference. It also has a balanced out that sounds even better. Paired with the m6 it is one of the best sources I’ve heard.

Feb 18, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #1,266 of 3,610
Well you could try the EQ, but I don’t like the way it muffles the sound- basically neutering it. Or we can hope Fiio will add a better EQ or dsp suite. Or as salla45 said you can get used to it - it is very nice sounding.

I do have one more suggestion, spend a 100 more and get the EarStudio ES100 Bluetooth amp, it has a nicer sound stage and an iPod/Android companion app with a very good Eq and dac settings that can really make a huge difference. It also has a balanced out that sounds even better. Paired with the m6 it is one of the best sources I’ve heard.

Hi abitdeef
You are a great fan of LDAC and the Radsone ES100, but I get the impression you may think it sounds better than wired IEMs into the M6. Why plug into the ES100, and communicate wirelessly, when you can directly plug into the FiiO M6, which factually is not much larger than the ES100? Is there something that the ES100 adds?

Steve

Feb 18, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #1,267 of 3,610
Hi abitdeef
You are a great fan of LDAC and the Radsone ES100, but I get the impression you may think it sounds better than wired IEMs into the M6. Why plug into the ES100, and communicate wirelessly, when you can directly plug into the FiiO M6, which factually is not much larger than the ES100? Is there something that the ES100 adds?

Steve

Well I plan to do a thorough comparison once I have both units so the M6 is not a forgone conclusion. One thing I want to check is the battery life of the M6 as the current owner is not happy with it. For the deal I am getting on the M6 I could even sell it and make a profit so it is a minimal risk for me. Don't get me wrong I have had the M0 for what like 7 months now and there is alot I like about it for sure including the sound quality. The M6 has features I don't need and yes I have read the M6 thread thoroughly. It isn't perfect for sure and has some bugs still to work out.

The M0 except for a one time glitch charging it has been very stable and reliable. I gave up on Fiio DAP's a few years ago because stable and reliable they were not. The M6 is me giving them another shot so I will be torture testing it thoroughly for sure. If it isn't my cup of tea I could see selling it and waiting on the next Shanling DAP and enjoying my M0 until then and living with the small screen. Still some long term decisions to be made. I am intrigued by the possibilities that might still to come for the M0 with future firmware updates including my coveted replaygain. So I am torn between waiting on M0 future updates and jumping to the M6, the one thing Shanling can't update with firmware is the small screen.

Feb 18, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #1,268 of 3,610
Hi abitdeef

Steve

Yes it has a wider sound stage and a great EQ and a analog volume control and more power- better amp. Also I have balanced cables so I’m using the balanced out on the ESS and that takes it even further in quality.

So yes it definitely sounds better than stock m6. The more output power alone really helps.

Feb 18, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #1,269 of 3,610
Well I plan to do a thorough comparison once I have both units so the M6 is not a forgone conclusion. One thing I want to check is the battery life of the M6 as the current owner is not happy with it. For the deal I am getting on the M6 I could even sell it and make a profit so it is a minimal risk for me. Don't get me wrong I have had the M0 for what like 7 months now and there is alot I like about it for sure including the sound quality. The M6 has features I don't need and yes I have read the M6 thread thoroughly. It isn't perfect for sure and has some bugs still to work out.

The M0 except for a one time glitch charging it has been very stable and reliable. I gave up on Fiio DAP's a few years ago because stable and reliable they were not. The M6 is me giving them another shot so I will be torture testing it thoroughly for sure. If it isn't my cup of tea I could see selling it and waiting on the next Shanling DAP and enjoying my M0 until then and living with the small screen. Still some long term decisions to be made. I am intrigued by the possibilities that might still to come for the M0 with future firmware updates including my coveted replaygain. So I am torn between waiting on M0 future updates and jumping to the M6, the one thing Shanling can't update with firmware is the small screen.

What Fiio are you talking about? I had x3 and x3ii and they were very stable. And as far as battery life I’m getting anywhere from 8 to 12 hours, depending on if I’m streaming a lot and that’s with a lot of hi res. I get about 12 if I’m using ES100.

It’s better than M0 and AP80 in battery life for me- it was a little worse when I first got it but after several charging cycles it’s improved.

And I wouldn’t worry to much, we’re talking about sub 200.00 daps here. Just buy it from Amazon and if you don’t like it - which I wouldn’t see why, you can return it easily.

You can even fib, and say it’s defective and not even be out shipping. I don’t know what your buddy expects for a tiny dap, but only Sony with it’s D class amps have truly good battery life, oh and some cowons do to like plenue d, but to me the clarity of m6 beats the plenue easily.

Anyways it’s not something I would worry about too much :) I remember in the M0 thread you we’re leery of M0, but I told you it sounded clearer than A35 and A45, and it does .. Now you like M0, well I’m telling you m6 has that similar sound - as far as being very clear. I think you would really like it :wink:

And I know if I scour the internet I can find bad things and complaints about M0 or any other dap under the sun.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #1,270 of 3,610
Yes it has a wider sound stage and a great EQ and a analog volume control and more power- better amp. Also I have balanced cables so I’m using the balanced out on the ESS and that takes it even further in quality.

So yes it definitely sounds better than stock m6. The more output power alone really helps.

I trust what you are saying and am drawn to getting the ES100. But my problem is that even LDAC is compressed so how can it sound better than wired? The Radsone ES100 must be something special.

Feb 18, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #1,272 of 3,610
I trust what you are saying and am drawn to getting the ES100. But my problem is that even LDAC is compressed so how can it sound better than wired? The Radsone ES100 must be something special.

Well it can sound better than wired because little data is missing and the amp section is better and they’re is more control over the dacs.

It is, it’s probably do to their custom algorithms, and the great amp section. You can look at some Bluetooth measurements at their site, and read about their tech- white papers. Also you have all the tweaks with the dacs with the dashboard app.

They have a proprietary upscaler that enhances 16 bit audio into 24 bit. Idk maybe they’re is magic, but my ears love it. Not that the m6 sounds lacking, it’s a really good source. But I love the wider and deeper sound stage and more aggressive sound, I have 2x oversampling on the dacs.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #1,273 of 3,610
does anyone have a problem of internal memory getting full? happened twice already, did a factory reset, had 1.8 Gb free internal memory. after an hour of using 0 Mb is available and worning about insufficient memory pops up. only using FIIO app and Spotify (with storage set to SD card).
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back