[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Feb 14, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #1,201 of 3,610
Anyways hope you get yours ASAP!
The horror my friend @abitdeef .. The importer just called and somehow my M6 is missing.. To even further offense, the C-M6 (the leather case) DID arrive (also my CD, which may be a God's message to stay on physical media!)
So, depressed in this rainy day, geez.

Feb 14, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #1,202 of 3,610
The horror my friend @abitdeef .. The importer just called and somehow my M6 is missing.. To even further offense, the C-M6 (the leather case) DID arrive (also my CD, which may be a God's message to stay on physical media!)
So, depressed in this rainy day, geez.

That’s some major suckage! What importer are you using? Well let’s hope it’s just temporarily lost and they magically find it. Oh and God wants you to have an m6, because he likes good tunes I heard :wink:

Feb 14, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #1,203 of 3,610
That’s some major suckage! What importer are you using? Well let’s hope it’s just temporarily lost and they magically find it. Oh and God wants you to have an m6, because he likes good tunes I heard :wink:

Major suckage it is! The Importer is an individual, a reliable one, he'll give me the money back but now again to try and get the M6.. Yeah I still hope they have it somewhere under the table.. It either got lost in the US storage (he has some warehouse space hired, with people managing it) - where it did arrive as I got a picture - or down here in the Customs/Airport. Yeah Hope God is a music lover indeed lol :D

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #1,204 of 3,610
Major suckage it is! The Importer is an individual, a reliable one, he'll give me the money back but now again to try and get the M6.. Yeah I still hope they have it somewhere under the table.. It either got lost in the US storage (he has some warehouse space hired, with people managing it) - where it did arrive as I got a picture - or down here in the Customs/Airport. Yeah Hope God is a music lover indeed lol :D

If you don't get satisfaction try www. advancedmp3players.co.uk
They are really on the ball. Check for discount codes. I got a discount around the new year. I empathise with you friend. My twin grandkids do some magic, "inky pinky poo, diddly, diddly doo". I really hope you can get this quickly.
Steve

Feb 14, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #1,205 of 3,610
If you don't get satisfaction try www. advancedmp3players.co.uk
They are really on the ball. Check for discount codes. I got a discount around the new year. I empathise with you friend. My twin grandkids do some magic, "inky pinky poo, diddly, diddly doo". I really hope you can get this quickly.
Steve

Thanks a lot! Unfortunately I have to bring it from the US, non US shipping adds even more cost to my inflated final payment. Thanks for the empathy, and let's count on magic too, good for the kids! :)

Feb 14, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #1,206 of 3,610

Well when I ordered my Shanling M5s from Amazon, it just never showed. It was 2 day prime delivery and it never came. Well amazon sent me an email saying it was lost and they were trying to work with the carrier and rectify things. The tracking showed delivery exception then carrier error or something after that.

This was a Saturday, and Monday was some holiday- I think MLK day? So anyways I called the PO Tuesday and they had no clue where it was, but would try they’re best to find it. I asked why it showed out for delivery, and they admitted they mark them out for delivery as soon as they arrive for ‘on time bonuses’ ha ha even though they might not go out for delivery- like mine didn’t, Greedy bastages.

Anyways to make a long story longer, I was out Friday and decided to stop at the post and check for poops and giggles. And low and behold it was just sitting there in the back with a note on it - something about sorting. So I did get it then, but they had no clue as to why it never went out Saturday and sat there for 6 days before I came in and they magically ‘found it’

So don’t give up, there are idiots in every facet of life:wink: I could tell you many other hair raising stories - I heavily rely on the post but you know - off topic ... cough (whatever) The Frank Zappa song ‘Flakes’ pretty much sums things up. And just think how sweet it will be when you finally get it!

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #1,207 of 3,610
Well when I ordered my Shanling M5s from Amazon, it just never showed. It was 2 day prime delivery and it never came. Well amazon sent me an email saying it was lost and they were trying to work with the carrier and rectify things. The tracking showed delivery exception then carrier error or something after that.

This was a Saturday, and Monday was some holiday- I think MLK day? So anyways I called the PO Tuesday and they had no clue where it was, but would try they’re best to find it. I asked why it showed out for delivery, and they admitted they mark them out for delivery as soon as they arrive for ‘on time bonuses’ ha ha even though they might not go out for delivery- like mine didn’t, Greedy bastages.

Anyways to make a long story longer, I was out Friday and decided to stop at the post and check for ****s and giggles. And low and behold it was just sitting there in the back with a note on it - something about sorting. So I did get it then, but they had no clue as to why it never went out Saturday and sat there for 6 days before I came in and they magically ‘found it’

So don’t give up, there are idiots in every facet of life:wink: I could tell you many other hair raising stories - I heavily rely on the post but you know - off topic ... cough (whatever) The Frank Zappa song ‘Flakes’ pretty much sums things up. And just think how sweet it will be when you finally get it!

Wow, nothing is easy right? (Jethro!) The importer was on vacation and now he's travelling back (in country) so maybe when he sits down at the computer (instead of driving and keying into the phone, God) he'll straighten it out. Yeah there are quite a few points of "possible failure" in this mission! But Amazon did make it as I got the picture!

Oh Frank he's always an inspiration for this usually idiot world :D And yeah I get the metaphor, it maybe somewhere around, and at 51 yo I still have to master the skill of patience! Oh boy :D

Feb 14, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #1,208 of 3,610
Thanks a lot! Unfortunately I have to bring it from the US, non US shipping adds even more cost to my inflated final payment. Thanks for the empathy, and let's count on magic too, good for the kids! :)

And it doesn’t help that Fiio didn’t seem to realize what a hit the m6 would be and there are shortages of the thing! Also Samsung doesn’t make that chipset anymore, luckily Fiio purchased extra (hopefully) to satisfy demand.

Fiio - news flash! Tiny feature rich daps are hot!!

Feb 14, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #1,209 of 3,610
Wow, nothing is easy right? (Jethro!) The importer was on vacation and now he's travelling back (in country) so maybe when he sits down at the computer (instead of driving and keying into the phone, God) he'll straighten it out. Yeah there are quite a few points of "possible failure" in this mission! But Amazon did make it as I got the picture!

Oh Frank he's always an inspiration for this usually idiot world :D And yeah I get the metaphor, it maybe somewhere around, and at 51 yo I still have to master the skill of patience! Oh boy :D

Tell Jethro to quit ogling Elly Mae and get back to work!

Feb 14, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #1,210 of 3,610
And it doesn’t help that Fiio didn’t seem to realize what a hit the m6 would be and there are shortages of the thing! Also Samsung doesn’t make that chipset anymore, luckily Fiio purchased extra (hopefully) to satisfy demand.

Fiio - news flash! Tiny feature rich daps are hot!!

Tell Jethro to quit ogling Elly Mae and get back to work!

Lol Amen about Jethro! And YEAH I think that everyday. FiiO, you're not Apple, but even they make more units! Use the momentum to make some dap money :D

Feb 14, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #1,211 of 3,610
How are people finding dsd playback on the M6? Does the player lag at all when playing dsd 128 native or 256 pcm? Currently using the M0 and its a great little player just slow as hell when playing dsd files.
Cheers :)

Feb 14, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #1,212 of 3,610
Just received the M6 today, and it’s been a bit frustrating so far. Seems like whenever I am browsing for the next song (or sometimes when I go to unlock the screen), the audio skips, consistently and frequently. It seems worse when browsing albums, while the M6 is struggling to load album art. The Fiio music app has also crashed three times in my 30min commute alone! Anyone else experiencing skip issues from local files?

Fiio M6 updated to version 1.0.1
Sandisk Ultra Class 10 128gb microSD
Campfire Audio Comet

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 7:27 PM Post #1,213 of 3,610
Just received the M6 today, and it’s been a bit frustrating so far. Seems like whenever I am browsing for the next song (or sometimes when I go to unlock the screen), the audio skips, consistently and frequently. It seems worse when browsing albums, while the M6 is struggling to load album art. The Fiio music app has also crashed three times in my 30min commute alone! Anyone else experiencing skip issues from local files?

Fiio M6 updated to version 1.0.1
Sandisk Ultra Class 10 128gb microSD
Campfire Audio Comet

I’ve never had a skip or a crash, Maybe try a factory reset?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back