[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Jan 7, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #466 of 3,610
@FiiO I already asked this before, but didn't get a reply, so I'm asking again: will there be cases for the M6 which cover the screen in the near future? I know that these kind of cases exist for most of the Fiio DAP's from the X-series. A company named Tuff Luv made them. Any updates on them or another company making this kind of cases?

Jan 7, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #467 of 3,610
I had M7 first and sent it back, this M6 sounds much better, more dynamic-the 7 sounded dry and lifeless.
The M7 had bogus firmware in my opinion. This M6 is by far a better unit to me in every category.
Just my 2 cents

No issues with M6

How is the battery life? do you get the 13h they advertise?

btw, @FiiO does the m6 have any kind of screen protection (hardened glass, etc) besides the plastic screen protector that comes with it?

Jan 7, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #468 of 3,610
How is the battery life? do you get the 13h they advertise?

btw, @FiiO does the m6 have any kind of screen protection (hardened glass, etc) besides the plastic screen protector that comes with it?
Battery is 13 hours in standby for me . Listening to music 8 or so. It's draining battery white standby for some reason and u can't figure it ito... Everything is literally off in regards of wireless.... For now I just turn it off when not in use and not charging

Jan 7, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #469 of 3,610
Battery is 13 hours in standby for me . Listening to music 8 or so. It's draining battery white standby for some reason and u can't figure it ito... Everything is literally off in regards of wireless.... For now I just turn it off when not in use and not charging
How’s the startup time since you’re turning it on and off all the time?

Jan 7, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #470 of 3,610
Hi friend,

As introduction from Fiio, the M6 produce Hi-res quality of sound. So, do we need to use any portable DAC in combination with M6?

I have a Senn HD 598 headphone, what portable DAC should I combine with M6?

Is that when using with DAC the quality of sound better?

Please share your experiences! Many thanks!

Jan 7, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #472 of 3,610
Length? About a min or two
Wow, that’s a long time. It’s not like 15 seconds?

As introduction from Fiio, the M6 produce Hi-res quality of sound. So, do we need to use any portable DAC in combination with M6?

I have a Senn HD 598 headphone, what portable DAC should I combine with M6?

Is that when using with DAC the quality of sound better?

Please share your experiences! Many thanks!
I’m pretty sure the integrated DAC is fine according to most people, however I think you can use line out if you want to upgrade to an even higher quality. Can someone else confirm this?

Jan 7, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #473 of 3,610
Anyone knows how this compares to the Hidizs AP80 in soundquality? I have the AP80 and love how it sounds but the buildquality and screen is crap, so I'm looking at this now.

Jan 7, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #474 of 3,610
Anyone knows how this compares to the Hidizs AP80 in soundquality? I have the AP80 and love how it sounds but the buildquality and screen is ****, so I'm looking at this now.
I’ll link a review, I can’t say anything personally.
http://www.thephonograph.net/fiio-m6-review/
As for the AP80, there’s not many reviews at the moment. TBH if I were you, I’d stick with the AP80 until more reviews are out, or till you can get a hear of it yourself.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #475 of 3,610
How’s the startup time since you’re turning it on and off all the time?
The not-so short startup time might be because of being a full Android OS in there? If WIFI usage is draining the battery, maybe just turning off Wifi will do? Just guessing.

Jan 7, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #476 of 3,610
I’m pretty sure the integrated DAC is fine according to most people, however I think you can use line out if you want to upgrade to an even higher quality. Can someone else confirm this?

Line-out is analogue - so you're still using the M6 DAC. You'd use it if going to another amp.

And the M6 DAC is plenty good enough for human hearing :wink:

Jan 7, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #478 of 3,610
It's really sad that they couldn't get a battery capacity closer to that of the M7 with it's incredible battery life, with that the M6 would've been the definitive device. Though its true with it's small size it'd been difficult to make it fit. Who knows batteries are getting more and more efficient in the proportion of Mah/dimensions.

Anyone knows how this compares to the Hidizs AP80 in soundquality? I have the AP80 and love how it sounds but the buildquality and screen is ****, so I'm looking at this now.

The build quality is really that bad? how about the battery life? 8-10h?

As mentioned everything off and no music playing so drains for me when she is off. Won't last a day for me. I even did factory reset

You should ask @FiiO @JamesFiiO, because that standby time you mention doesn't seem correct.

Jan 8, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #479 of 3,610
Dear friend,

No, but the LDAC receiver function will be added in M6/M7/M9 in the coming soon.

Best regards

Does this mean that the bi-directional bluetooth transmission doesn't come with the M6 out of the box? The initial post in this thread with the specs said it's supposed to be able to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back