[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Jan 5, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #436 of 3,610
@FiiO in bluetooth sink mode receiver mode when streaming from phone to M6 is there a way of implementing a track skip onto screen of M6 bluetooth sink mode??

Also is Ldac available in sink mode yet?

Thank you a great little player

Yes, the LDAC receiver will be added in M6/M7/M9 in the coming soon, but the track skip may take time to implement in M6/M7/M9

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 6, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #441 of 3,610
Are you saying there is not one other app that the M6 or M9 can run? Sorry James I really don't get it. I believe it's true mainly, the facts you present about the lack of power in the chip and the small amount of RAM make that clear. But any other App?
What is my particular issue? You know the issue of casting to my HiFi means a lot to me and there is an app I run on my Mobile Phone called HiFy that links with and enables me to use Spotify on my M9, and probably on my soon to arrive M6, to control my Arcam AirDac streamer. It shows on Spotify, on the M9, as an Airplay receiver and as a DNLA receiver. It is wonderful controlling my HiFi through Spotify. Your little M9 does it beautifully. But I cannot do the same with the FiiO app. Arggghh. I still love your product. I have ordered the M6 too. So I am a real supporter of yours. I choose many FiiO products. But clarity of communication and satisfaction of the communication are so important to me. Sorry James I have no wish to keep bothering or be a nuisance to you but right now I can use Spotify to control my Arcam AirDac Streamer, but not the FiiO app which cannot in any way recognise my Arcam streamer, and thus I cannot play my own music library to my HiFi. Can you see my problem? If it will in no way ever be possible for my M6/M9, either through an app or even the FiiO music app, to act as a controller over WiFi, and recognise my Arcam AirDac let me know definitively and I will stop bothering you. I would like a resolution to my issue. Why can I stream Spotify to my AirDac from the M9/M6 but not stream my own music library either through the FiiO app or a different app? How come Spotify is capable but not the FiiO app?
I love your M9/M6 whatever the answer is and recommend it to everyone. Just need my issue resolved.
Steve
Geez, what happened to no means no? Question has been answered repeatedly

Jan 6, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #442 of 3,610
To all people who concerted about the 3rd party App in M6, plz understand that M6 is not a open android system cause the resource is limited ( the Soc is only used in smartwatch before ), and plz considered it's price too. and we have never promised it can run so many APP. it can supports what we advertised and you should buy it depended on what you need to run. and if you are looking to a total android based DAP, you can considered other model from FiiO or other brands.

Also it is not that simple to test whether one APP can run in our M6, usually we need spent almost 1 week to test it cause there always some strange issues when some APP installed in M6. I beg you guys try to find some other DAPs and considered M6 just because the features we advertised.

Bravo!!!! I invite you a beer, I've said it many times, do you want many app? buy a smartphone, this is a music player Hd

Jan 6, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #445 of 3,610
Hi guys, I am in a torn between the Fiio M6 and the Hidizs ap-80, I value durability, battery life and sound quality above anything else.

Those of you who already have it, how much is the battery lasting? I know they say it's 13h in the advertising, but to me that seems strange considering that the battery of the M6 is 1200mah and devices like the Hiby R3 have a battery of 1600mah with less screen resolution and last less than 10 hours.

btw, I know the screen comes with a pet screen protector, but is it hardened glass or easily scratchable?

Jan 6, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #446 of 3,610
Geez, what happened to no means no? Question has been answered repeatedly

'No means no'. Wow Mr Trump. All these Head-fiers asking about whitelisting apps are doing it for a reason. Respect them...they are not stupid. There has not been one, not one empirical reply to say FiiO tested one specific app and this app did not work well or struggled. Just a generalisation of how incapable the Exynos chip is. That is as far from scientific empiricism as possible. People who have paid good money for this M6/M9 have got a right to dialogue and debate on a site set up for that very reason. I'm sure JamesFiiO is long enough in the tooth and has enough respect for those who give him a living, to listen to their qualms as well as their praise. If James does not have enough infrastructure to test apps let him say so. If he does then he can be more specific. If he cannot cope with all the questions, suggestions etc why the thread? He owns the company (or works for them), we buy the goods. From all the questions James knows what the next versions need. We have a valid say. This Forum is to discuss, ask, critique, help, etc, etc, etc. and long may it stay that way. If "No meant no" what a world we would be living in. An irrational world. A dictatorship. I'm sure James is far from that and must be aware he eats well because of his customers and their bright intelligence, questions and wishes.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #449 of 3,610
'No means no'. Wow Mr Trump. All these Head-fiers asking about whitelisting apps are doing it for a reason. Respect them...they are not stupid. There has not been one, not one empirical reply to say FiiO tested one specific app and this app did not work well or struggled. Just a generalisation of how incapable the Exynos chip is. That is as far from scientific empiricism as possible. People who have paid good money for this M6/M9 have got a right to dialogue and debate on a site set up for that very reason. I'm sure James FiiO is long enough in the tooth and has enough respect for those who give him a living, to listen to their qualms as well as their praise. If James does not have enough infrastructure to test apps let him say so. If he does then he can be more specific. If he cannot cope with all the questions, suggestions etc why the thread? He owns the company (or works for them), we buy the goods. From all the questions James knows what the next versions need. We have a valid say. This Forum is to discuss, ask, critique, help, etc, etc, etc. and long may it stay that way. If "No meant no" what a world we would be living in. An irrational world. A dictatorship. I'm sure James is far from that and must be aware he eats well because of his customers and their bright intelligence, questions and wishes.

"Scientific empiricism" .... seriously?! Actually James gave a perfectly good 'empirical' justification ... that it takes a week to test an app and that would just be to find the bugs it causes, much less actually fix them. Testing the stability of 3rd party software on an OS it wasn't designed for is expensive and complex and even with rigorous checking there can be potential points of failure aren't spotted. The M6 is a low cost DAP with one of the highest price performance ratios of any player around right now. That means the profit margins are very tight - the business model is low profit, high volume sales. Every request for another app whitelisted is effectively a demand that FiiO spend thousands adding a feature that you want. Sure, we all want stuff, but that's just not how the business model works for this kind of product.

They are trying to squeeze maximum performance out of a relatively cheap chip - so the software approach is a "walled garden" - a stripped down OS and a short list of approved apps. For this kind of product OS stability and "doing what it says on the box" are essential to the kind of sales volume they need to be able to sell it at this price. That stability has to be protected because a crashy OS will kill the product and damage the company rep. So I totally get why they need to be super dooper careful with new apps. Approving an app that causes functionality problems (and a resulting wave of complaints) would do 1000 times more damage to sales than the small number of potential customers who regard the availability of some specific app as a dealbreaker. This is absolutely a mass market product and (despite what a lot of head fi-ers seem to think) the people who post to this kind of forum are not the mass market. This forum right here is what you call a "niche". (Not a criticism - I love a niche, but I am pretty sure their design choices are based on actual market research).

Personally I think this is a brilliant design approach and I hope FiiO continue to extremely careful about what additional apps are allowed over the wall. I am the kind of user who places a high value on product reliability, so the fact that they are prioritising reliability is a big tick in favour of the product. The software limitations of the M6 are what makes the low price point possible. If you really need to run 3rd party apps that were designed for full android then pony up and buy a unit that runs full android.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #450 of 3,610
"Scientific empiricism" .... seriously?! Actually James gave a perfectly good 'empirical' justification ... that it takes a week to test an app and that would just be to find the bugs it causes, much less actually fix them. Testing the stability of 3rd party software on an OS it wasn't designed for is expensive and complex and even with rigorous checking there will be points of failure that were missed. The M6 is a low cost DAP with one of the highest price performance ratios of any player around right now. That means the profit margins are very tight - the business model is low profit, high volume sales. Every request for another app whitelisted is effectively a demand that FiiO spend thousands adding a feature that you want. Sure, we all want stuff, but that's just not how the business model works for this kind of product.

They are trying to squeeze maximum performance out of a relatively cheap chip - so the software approach is a "walled garden" - a stripped down OS and a short list of approved apps. For this kind of product OS stability and "doing what it says on the box" are essential to the kind of sales volume they need to be able to sell it at this price. That stability has to be protected because a crashy OS will kill the product and damage the company rep. So I totally get why they need to be super dooper careful with new apps. Approving an app that causes functionality problems (and a resulting wave of complaints) would do 1000 times more damage to sales than the small number of potential customers who regard the availability of some specific app as a dealbreaker. This is absolutely a mass market product and (despite what a lot of head fi-ers seem to think) the people who post to this kind of forum are not the mass market. This forum right here is what you call a "niche". (Not a criticism - I love a niche, but I am pretty sure their design choices are based on actual market research).

Personally I think this is a brilliant design approach and I hope FiiO continue to extremely careful about what additional apps are allowed over the wall. I am the kind of user who places a high value on product reliability, so the fact that they are prioritising reliability is a big tick in favour of the product. The software limitations of the M6 are what makes the low price point possible. If you really need to run 3rd party apps that were designed for full android then pony up and buy a unit that runs full android.

Disagree completely. Those Head-fiers who put their ideas, help, wishes, questions have a perfect right to do so. Their points of view are as valid as your know all attitude. You have no idea if a given app will work. If Spotify, Deezer, ES File manager, Tidal, etc, etc, etc work why not "some" others. Why should Head-fiers not ask, debate, etc? That is the whole point of this forum. There are many different angles and points of view. Others will disagree with you, others will disagree with me. What most I hope will agree with that this is a forum to put points of view. You are not "right" at all, its just your point of view. One thing I will agree with is that the M6/M9 are great DAP's. Best I have used. Your angle, sorry, but it's a cop out to me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back