[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Apr 9, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #3,169 of 3,610
Has anybody noticed since the last update how much easier it is to get the device to function as a Bluetooth DAC? I used to spend ages repeatedly pairing and syncing to my Samsung Tab A, but now it works first time every time.

That’s a plus point, but today I’ve got horizontal lines across the middle of my screen. This is the best sounding but most problem ridden portable music player I’ve ever had.

Apr 9, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #3,170 of 3,610
I wish i could use UAPP with the M6 ... such a pity!!

Apr 19, 2020 at 6:19 AM Post #3,171 of 3,610
Is it just me or the stock music player really sounds dull and boring like a smartphone sound? I just installed poweramp with hi res output, and it sounds way better with better detail and separation, and more fun tonal.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2020 at 9:49 PM Post #3,172 of 3,610
Is it just me or the stock music player really sounds dull and boring like a smartphone sound? I just installed poweramp with hi res output, and it sounds way better with better detail and separation, and more fun tonal.

I couldn't detect any difference comparing poweramp, neutron, and the latest fiio music player. This with flac 44.1/16 (mainly) and mp3 VBR files, without eq.

Apr 20, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #3,173 of 3,610
I repeat, did any one manage to get UAPP working on the M6 or is that a no go.

Apr 29, 2020 at 8:59 AM Post #3,174 of 3,610
Looking for some help. Have purchase a M6 and the fiio music app keeps coming up as not responding and asks to close or wait. So I updated the firmware and now the whole unit just crashes and freezes.

Took it back to the shop and they switched with another and same thing. Have used different cards as well with same results. Pretty well stuck as from factory the music app crashes and upgraded whole unit crashes. Any advise or help greatly appreciated.

Thanks Ed

Apr 29, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #3,175 of 3,610
Looking for some help. Have purchase a M6 and the fiio music app keeps coming up as not responding and asks to close or wait. So I updated the firmware and now the whole unit just crashes and freezes.

Took it back to the shop and they switched with another and same thing. Have used different cards as well with same results. Pretty well stuck as from factory the music app crashes and upgraded whole unit crashes. Any advise or help greatly appreciated.

Thanks Ed

On the FiiO forums other users seem to be having issues as well. Maybe use a different app such as Poweramp until the issues are resolved?

Apr 29, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #3,177 of 3,610
Unfortunately to get the other apps you need to upgrade the firmware which then causes the whole unit to crash and freeze. The problem seems to be the base operating software
Did you try taking out the sd card and doing a factory reset?

Apr 29, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #3,178 of 3,610

Thanks Ed
Hi,

Please try to clear the data of the FiiO Music app from system settings-General-Apps-FiiO Music app-store -clear data. Then restart the FiiO Music APP to check again first?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 3, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #3,179 of 3,610
Yes have reset but still the same. Have taken back to the shop I purchased from and they believe that it has something to do with some of the song names having brackets or symbols even though it is the same card unchanged I used for my x1 and the same files play no worries on all my other devices

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back