[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Nov 25, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #3,031 of 3,610
I use M6 for Amazon HD and it plays all tracks at the correct Bit rate and frequency.

How do you check this.
Only within the app or does also the FiiO LED changes its color accordingly?

Nov 26, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #3,032 of 3,610
Currently have the BTR3.
Disappointed in the BTR5 (worse battery, really Fiio!?)
Waiting on the Qudelix-5K which sounds like an absolute monster of a little DAC/amp but... who knows how long into 2020 it will be before it releases. Supposed to be Spring but from a company releasing their first product, there's no trust in their delivery/support yet.

Looking to upgrade from the BTR3 for better battery when being used as a Bluetooth receiver. The Fiio M6 seems to be one of a very few to do it at a good price points as well as having aptX HD.

Anyone have any input on real world battery life stats with the BTR3 vs M6? One thing I really don't like with these mini little DAC's is a proper % shown of battery left. Even the BTR5 has just 5 bars each one showing 20% intervals which I guess is okay, but not as good as 0-100 in my opinion.

Also, battery usage is worse on Wi-Fi streaming I've read vs Bluetooth, is this true?
https://itstillworks.com/bluetooth-vs-wifi-power-consumption-17630.html

Nov 26, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #3,033 of 3,610
How do you check this.
Only within the app or does also the FiiO LED changes its color accordingly?

It is within the App, when playing a track just clicked the HD/UHD icon and it reports the current bitrate etc

Nov 26, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #3,034 of 3,610
What are the warranty terms for the FIIO M6? I purchased one in June and there are lines of dead pixels that have formed on the screen... Not happy about that at all. I love my M6, but I'd like to get this issue fixed. I bought it off Amazon and I am past the return window. I went to the FIIO website and the links to warranty information are broken and some are in chinese.

I thought I would post an update to this issue since I took my issue to these forums. I contacted Amazon, was past return window. Contacted FIIO support. The communication was good, they sent me shipping info and some instructions like provide receipt and a couple other things. I had to send the device to a facility in California. Not too much longer after that, FIIO confirms the issue and sends me what appears to be a new device. I've been very happy with my M6 before the issue and FIIO support was good and relatively painless in handling this problem. Again, thank you FIIO for the great support!

Nov 27, 2019 at 2:44 AM Post #3,035 of 3,610
I thought I would post an update to this issue since I took my issue to these forums. I contacted Amazon, was past return window. Contacted FIIO support. The communication was good, they sent me shipping info and some instructions like provide receipt and a couple other things. I had to send the device to a facility in California. Not too much longer after that, FIIO confirms the issue and sends me what appears to be a new device. I've been very happy with my M6 before the issue and FIIO support was good and relatively painless in handling this problem. Again, thank you FIIO for the great support!

I had the same failure with my screen within a month of purchase, sadly I had to sent it to their facility in China from the UK, still waiting for a resolution on that...

Nov 27, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #3,036 of 3,610
I had a the screen develop lines on the top.. very visible lines. When i contacted my local reseller and asked for a replacement, they said my claim was "ridiculous".
What was actually ridiculous was that the lines disappeared after a month and my device is working as expected now :D

Nov 27, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #3,037 of 3,610
I had a the screen develop lines on the top.. very visible lines. When i contacted my local reseller and asked for a replacement, they said my claim was "ridiculous".
What was actually ridiculous was that the lines disappeared after a month and my device is working as expected now :D

That's curious, I wonder what the underlying issue is with the lines on the screen...

Nov 27, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #3,038 of 3,610
That's curious, I wonder what the underlying issue is with the lines on the screen...
I myself am curious ... and amazed how it disappeared!

Nov 27, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #3,039 of 3,610
Currently have the BTR3.
Disappointed in the BTR5 (worse battery, really Fiio!?)
Waiting on the Qudelix-5K which sounds like an absolute monster of a little DAC/amp but... who knows how long into 2020 it will be before it releases. Supposed to be Spring but from a company releasing their first product, there's no trust in their delivery/support yet.

Looking to upgrade from the BTR3 for better battery when being used as a Bluetooth receiver. The Fiio M6 seems to be one of a very few to do it at a good price points as well as having aptX HD.

Anyone have any input on real world battery life stats with the BTR3 vs M6? One thing I really don't like with these mini little DAC's is a proper % shown of battery left. Even the BTR5 has just 5 bars each one showing 20% intervals which I guess is okay, but not as good as 0-100 in my opinion.

Also, battery usage is worse on Wi-Fi streaming I've read vs Bluetooth, is this true?
https://itstillworks.com/bluetooth-vs-wifi-power-consumption-17630.html
For anyone curious. Just get the newly released ES100MK2 from EarStudio if you have the same needs as me (not a DAP, but a Bluetooth receiver DAC/amp). Just found out they came out with an "upgraded" model just now (internals are the same though) and the battery life should be a lot better than the Fiio's.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 1:25 AM Post #3,040 of 3,610
Thanks to a huge $120 Black Friday price drop I was able to get a killer deal on a Fiio M9

By far the best DAP deal I have ever made. For a mere $60 more than the M6 I got a much better DAP in my opinion. After 4+ hours of listening not a single audio glitch :gs1000smile:. I would have to conclude that the extremely irritating glitch is caused by the Sabre combo DAC/Amp chip in the M6/M7. I don't know what Fiio did but somehow they made the Samsung Exynos chip perform so much better in the M9. The M9 is so much more fluid and no lag whatsoever with zero delay between tracks. All is not golden however, as expected the Fiio Music App still doesn't sort tracks in proper alphabetical order. Another plus however is while scanning for new tracks the app did not crash once compared to the 2 or 3 times it happens with the M7. I might look into installing Pulsar or Neutron to use instead of the Fiio Music App.

Except for the reduced battery life this kicks the M7's ass across the board for the same price. This baby sounds so sweet with my NAD Viso Hp50's. I minimized the brightness and disabled wifi and bluetooth and disabled the streaming apps so it will be interesting to see how long the battery life lasts. I have to admit I was a little underwhelmed with the sound I was hearing vs the M7 initially. It took awhile for me to adjust to the sound signature of the AKM DAC's but once I got use to it I noticed how much better it sounds. The wow moment was listening to the Adele 25 CD which sounds almost harsh on the M7. It sounded so much more musical and sweeter sounding on the M9.

One thing that surprises me is that despite having alot more power than the M7 I have to turn the volume up higher on the M9 even on high gain for adequate volume. I went from 30/60 on the M7 68/120 on the M9 on high gain. I wasn't sure there was going to be enough of a difference to warrant keeping the M9 over the M7 but after just a few hours I am definitely keeping this puppy.

No more wondering about the Sony A105 or Hiby R3 Pro, this will be my last DAP purchase for quite awhile.

Dec 24, 2019 at 6:48 AM Post #3,042 of 3,610
Can play store be installed now?

Dec 24, 2019 at 6:55 AM Post #3,043 of 3,610
20191224_125414.jpg
Can play store be installed now?
I tried but could not. Even not with a google installer. But dowwnloading and installing apk with the native file browser works fine.

So far managed to install older version of USB audio player (patched) + mconnect app.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #3,044 of 3,610

I tried but could not. Even not with a google installer. But dowwnloading and installing apk with the native file browser works fine.

So far managed to install older version of USB audio player (patched) + mconnect app.
So you are saying google play store and play services couldnt not be installed but you managed to install an older version of UAPP.. i wish i could ask you for a link or something as i am unable to find one. Thanks

Dec 24, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #3,045 of 3,610
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back