[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Jul 18, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #2,581 of 3,610
Yeah, I agree. I would rather buy a smartphone + a DAC/AMP with that amount (maybe even less).

I would have agreed with you a year or so back. I have Chord Mojo which is a great DAC, recognised as being one of the best in class and then some.

Honestly I am preferring the M11 at the moment. It's got the edge in terms of separation of instruments, imho.

I have also the V30 which is a great phone in it's own right with the Sabre "quad" dac built in. But the M11 is just better.

Sorry for off topic, Ill not post further about the M11.

Jul 18, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #2,582 of 3,610
I would have agreed with you a year or so back. I have Chord Mojo which is a great DAC, recognised as being one of the best in class and then some.

Honestly I am preferring the M11 at the moment. It's got the edge in terms of separation of instruments, imho.

I have also the V30 which is a great phone in it's own right with the Sabre "quad" dac built in. But the M11 is just better.

Sorry for off topic, Ill not post further about the M11.

I agree, I had topping n4x dsd, mojo, and ifi xdsd and the m11 sounds better than all of them to me. Only thing that compares that I've heard is ak sp1000 and ibasso dx220. Sp1000 is too much cash and ibasso dx220 is too sluggish for me.

Anyways back to m6

Jul 18, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #2,583 of 3,610
Sorry for jumping in here.. I have the M6 and M11 also. I like the M6 for convenience and for non-critical applications, when there's a lot of interruptions or ambient noise, etc. The m11 is huge by comparison and heavy, it's a beast. But the SQ is noticeably airier and more resolving with the M11 so they partner really sublimely with the FH7s. With the M6, or my V30 phone, the FH7s sound great, don't get me wrong, but there's something magical going on with the symbiosis (for me at least) with the M11+FH7 which takes me to another place entirely.

This means that I reach for the M11 as much as poss.

If I didn't have my home system for critical listening then the M11 would make sense as a home option. But the size for portability doesn't really fit as much as I would love to get one. Maybe next gen M series in smaller size with similar hardware will be my next DAP upgrade.

On another note, assuming Samsung wants to go with another wearable class processor from Samsung next time around the replacement for the Exynos 7270 is the Exynos 9110. Smaller still at 10nM process vs 14nM for the 7270. Similar specs but a higher performance chip for sure and the smaller process should mean an improvement in battery life. Used in the new Samsung Galaxy watch and a decent option if Fiio wants to keep the next M series updated models around the same size and price. Should be interesting to see which way Fiio goes in the future

Jul 19, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #2,585 of 3,610
@FiiO - Can the M6 or another FiiO product can simultaneously connect wirelessly between a smartphone and IEM (with Bluetooth set)?
Via all bluetooth between the DAP or DAC/AMP + smartphone + bluetooth IEM?

I mostly listen to YouTube and Audible and need my phone by my side most of the time.

I'm kind of an active guy. So keeping all wireless is very important to me.

Jul 19, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #2,586 of 3,610
@FiiO - Can the M6 or another FiiO product can simultaneously connect wirelessly between a smartphone and IEM (with Bluetooth set)?

I mostly listen to YouTube and Audible and need my phone by my side most of the time.

So why do you need a m6?
Just connect your headphones to your smartphone.
You will not have any benefits of "amping" with all Bluetooth.

Jul 19, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #2,587 of 3,610

Dear friend,

No. It could not work as a transmitor and a receiver at the same time.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 19, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #2,588 of 3,610

This would not improve the audio quality and is pretty pointless. Bluetooth iems will do the digital to analogue conversion, so all a Bluetooth dac paired with bluetooth iems would do, is at best create worst latency.

Jul 20, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #2,589 of 3,610
Has any body been having trouble using the M6 as a Bluetooth DAC?

I have my M6 connected my HiFi using a cable and set to Line Out, and use an Android tablet connected to the M6 using the Bluetooth DAC mode. It appears to connect ok, tells me I'm connected for audio, and the screen on the M6 changes to "BT Sink Mode (I'm not sure why it's spelled like that!).

However, when I go to play music, nothing. I then have to disconnect the Bluetooth, and try again, sometimes several times. Eventually it works, but it just took me about 20 minutes of faffing about to get it going. When it does decide to start working, it stays working, the connection is good, and sounds great using LDAC.

Perhaps this issue is down to the tablet more than the M6, but it's pretty tedious.

Also, when I realised the M6 could be used as a Bluetooth DAC, I thought this would be good for boosting the audio of movies on my tablet, ideal for flights. However, the audio is unfortunately delayed, rendering the function useless.

Specs, sound quality, price, and form factor tick all the boxes with this device, but for me it's let down by too many niggles and limitations. I'd like to think Fiio are working to fix all the niggles, but I can't help thinking they are focusing on getting more apps whitelisted.

Jul 21, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #2,590 of 3,610
First problem is really a problem.

Second problem makes no sense.
Normally you connect your bt phones directly to your tablet. Ok.
Now you are trying to put the m6 in the middle.
This has no benefit at all.
The DAC and amp is always within the bt headphones. The m6 does nothing positive for the sound in this scenario.

Edit:
Only if the M6 delivers a better BT codec than the tablet like LDAC or Aptxhd, which must be understood by the BT headphones as well, there will be a better sound.
If everything is the same codec wise, the Bluetooth chip in the M6 may be better, but this gain in sound is marginally.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #2,591 of 3,610
Has any body been having trouble using the M6 as a Bluetooth DAC?

I have my M6 connected my HiFi using a cable and set to Line Out, and use an Android tablet connected to the M6 using the Bluetooth DAC mode. It appears to connect ok, tells me I'm connected for audio, and the screen on the M6 changes to "BT Sink Mode (I'm not sure why it's spelled like that!).

However, when I go to play music, nothing. I then have to disconnect the Bluetooth, and try again, sometimes several times. Eventually it works, but it just took me about 20 minutes of faffing about to get it going. When it does decide to start working, it stays working, the connection is good, and sounds great using LDAC.

Perhaps this issue is down to the tablet more than the M6, but it's pretty tedious.

Also, when I realised the M6 could be used as a Bluetooth DAC, I thought this would be good for boosting the audio of movies on my tablet, ideal for flights. However, the audio is unfortunately delayed, rendering the function useless.

Specs, sound quality, price, and form factor tick all the boxes with this device, but for me it's let down by too many niggles and limitations. I'd like to think Fiio are working to fix all the niggles, but I can't help thinking they are focusing on getting more apps whitelisted.

I had the similar to you with the M6 connected to my HiFi . Sometimes the sink mode (means bluetooth mode) would come up as SBC sink mode even when set to LDAC and it took a few attempts to get the LDAC sink mode mode running to my HiFi. So I bought the FiiO BTR 3 and use the M6 as a transmitter to the BTR3 as an LDAC receiver which is hooked up to my HiFi

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #2,592 of 3,610
I have some requests from the Fiio myself:

1. volume adjustment without pushing physical buttons.( like nw-a45 )
2. Extra gestures and extra notification center buttons/shortcuts for touch screen.( like screen locking, wake up, power off, restart, mute etc.)
3. An alternative player or parametric eq addition Fiio music.(No sound enhancement except eq)
4. It needs various modification which will increase the battery life.

There should be a difference to this player using android.Honestly, if I knew this would be such a restricted device, I would go and buy a hi res bluetooth amplifier.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #2,593 of 3,610
It looks like they only information about the M6 you had prior to buying was „Android based...“.
It is always good to make an informed decision, this reduces the possibilities of disappointments.

Jul 21, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #2,594 of 3,610
It looks like they only information about the M6 you had prior to buying was „Android based...“.
It is always good to make an informed decision, this reduces the possibilities of disappointments.
You're right. But the things I want are not big things except battery.I'm not hopeful about the battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back