[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Apr 29, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #2,296 of 3,610
Didn't received any OTA update here either. From what @Lespectraal had described, it looks like FiiO uploaded a corrupt/incomplete firmware update from their servers, hence why they pulled it out.

Hopefully FW 1.0.2 has the updated FiiO Music Player app from X7ii already, and more whitelisted apps *crosses fingers for Pulsar and (though quite unlikely) HibyMusic*.

I have an update...

There is no update :wink:

Thnx. back to your regular (yawn) programming.

LOL yeah, didn't this already happen sometime ago? A fleeting glimpse of a FW that went away. Probably they're doing some testing.
NOTE: In the the "all-in-one" thread James said that the M6 upgrade should come somewhere around may. So, wait we must.

I'm also counting on at least the Music Player App to be upgraded to X7II it does work fine indeed in my limited testing. Hiby.. I don't think that will happen, but Pulsar or VLC.. I still have faith :D

Apr 29, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #2,297 of 3,610
Good to see FiiO have promised a firmware upgrade soon. What I find strange about FiiO is their hardware is such good value and so well made, but what I do not understand one iota in 2019, is that there is no software that can cast to Chromecast or other WiFi receiver boxes from the M6/M9 and also they should have much improved search capabilities in the FiiO app. That is a basic. On the one hand FiiO and their hardware is so on point, yet on the other hand they are totally way behind the times, almost archaically, from the software point of view. They are so nearly up with the best there, but are a little behind in terms of their software. Wakey, wakey FiiO. The M6 is fantastic but don't be so conservative software wise.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #2,298 of 3,610
Wakey, wakey FiiO. The M6 is fantastic but don't be so conservative software wise.

Absolutely. I mean what I can understand as a former support manager and even as now a software developer is that they want to avoid the crazy support issues they may have to face with apps non adequate for the M6. But, as I said in other thread they should at least have a more dynamic, non-firmware-dependent whitelist that can be updated more easily.

Or even better, a switch, sort of the "developer options" thing where you can choose to "Install untested apps". And the classic disclaimer that "these apps might not work: at your risk". And then maybe a blacklist of those which cannot work at all. Open source is a success we all know that.

Apr 29, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #2,299 of 3,610
Guys I dont know if it's only me, but I'd say I am getting better battery life with Pulsar using mp3 320kbps at 50+- volumen with 64 omhs Monk ve plus.

Could anyone else do a more detailed comparision or taste it and give us more data?

Absolutely. I mean what I can understand as a former support manager and even as now a software developer is that they want to avoid the crazy support issues they may have to face with apps non adequate for the M6. But, as I said in other thread they should at least have a more dynamic, non-firmware-dependent whitelist that can be updated more easily.

Or even better, a switch, sort of the "developer options" thing where you can choose to "Install untested apps". And the classic disclaimer that "these apps might not work: at your risk". And then maybe a blacklist of those which cannot work at all. Open source is a success we all know that.

The problem is the empirical. Many many apps will be too demanding for the Samsung 7270, .768 GB, Ram M6. But there are apps, as you yourself have proved, by empirically testing, that will be fine on the M6. Should we expect FiiO to spend time and money to offer these to the M6 buyers and customers? My philosophy as a Buddhist is definitely yes. This provides the best results for everybody. I understand others may say it is too much of an expectation to expect FiiO to do that, and that is totally valid. For me the wish to benefit others is the best motivational intention and the best reason for living. To me that is true even in the 'business is business' world. In fact I appreciate that you yourself put in the effort to help all the M6 head-fiers with a certain music player. Thank you.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #2,300 of 3,610
Thanks @greenflash for making the pulsar app available for M6

Im messing with it now, but am having some issues with some "unknown" albums creeping in, about 120 in 800 or so maybe.

The albums are being picked up by Fiio player, no problem. In Pulsar I'm getting the album name coming up, no tracks for the album and no album art and no artist. Weird. Anyone else getting this?

Bummer as I really prefer the Pulsar format to Fiio music.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 1:23 AM Post #2,303 of 3,610
Good to see FiiO have promised a firmware upgrade soon. What I find strange about FiiO is their hardware is such good value and so well made, but what I do not understand one iota in 2019, is that there is no software that can cast to Chromecast or other WiFi receiver boxes from the M6/M9 and also they should have much improved search capabilities in the FiiO app. That is a basic. On the one hand FiiO and their hardware is so on point, yet on the other hand they are totally way behind the times, almost archaically, from the software point of view. They are so nearly up with the best there, but are a little behind in terms of their software. Wakey, wakey FiiO. The M6 is fantastic but don't be so conservative software wise.

Given how small the market is it may be hard to afford solid software programmers, you get what you pay for I guess. Also since the Asian market rules the DAP world if it isn't of great importance in that market then it may be hard to get some of these issues fixed. I am sure alot of apps popular in that market get priority for testing over what we outsiders want or need. Audiobooks for example I don't think are very popular in the Asian market and therefore apps that support it get left out. It's great that companies have a presence on these forums and listen to our feedback but it all comes down to money and they put their money towards stuff the largest market wants.

Apr 30, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #2,304 of 3,610
Yes. same here. Albums names there, nothing else.

Pulsar apparently can't read "wrong" id3 tags in flac files (maybe in others too). In my case the files had some tags which was not showed in foobar or mp3tag (fields MCDI and Track name/Total - flac ID3v2), they were only seen by MediaInfo, therefore I had to remove whole id3 tag to get rid of them. You can do this very easily with Mp3tag/Foobar by cutting and then immediately pasting the tags (Ctrl-X, Ctrl-V). All "wrong" tags will be removed and pasted only the "correct" ones.

Apr 30, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #2,308 of 3,610
Pulsar apparently can't read "wrong" id3 tags in flac files (maybe in others too). In my case the files had some tags which was not showed in foobar or mp3tag (fields MCDI and Track name/Total - flac ID3v2), they were only seen by MediaInfo, therefore I had to remove whole id3 tag to get rid of them. You can do this very easily with Mp3tag/Foobar by cutting and then immediately pasting the tags (Ctrl-X, Ctrl-V). All "wrong" tags will be removed and pasted only the "correct" ones.

So if MP3 tag reads ID3V1, ID3V2.1, 2.2... is it okey then? In my case I have various tags ID3V2.3, ID3V2.3 (ID3V1,Lyrics3v2), also some files are tagged as MP4.

Apr 30, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #2,309 of 3,610
In mp3tag settings you can choose what versions of id3tag could be read and what should be write to files. I think I did not change it, kept it on default. Many years ago I had a similar problem when a player couldn't play a song because of unsupported version of id3tag. Since then I try to tagging all my songs same, just with basic informations and removing all others. In my case mp3tag showed that it is flac id3v2. When I did Ctrl-X, Ctrl-V then it was just flac (with no specific version) and Pulsar now see and play those files.

Try to compare id3tags of your missing songs in Pulsar app with those which are OK.

Apr 30, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #2,310 of 3,610
Fiio where is that April firmware at you bastages. :) My 3 year old can code faster, and I don't even have one!!

Lol

It seems to be like Windows October Update that ended up being rolled in.. March :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back