[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Apr 26, 2019 at 2:50 AM Post #2,251 of 3,610
No you can select all music and shuffle.
abitdeef is right. Random for "All songs" is working as expected.
But for "Folder" or "Album" or "Genre" or "Artist" play I would expect to play/randomize all songs in selected folder+subfolders or just the album or just the genre or just the artist and then STOP playing.
Instead it plays what you select and then it goes to another folder. And they call it in the settings: "Play through folders", it is not very accurate name or it is doing more than it should :)

So I tried this, and to my disappointment, the stutter is still there. it does feel like it's a tad more stable, but it didn't solve the issue for me. I have actually done a factory reset to go with the card formatting.

Just for the hell of it, I went to try the read and write speeds for the sd card, and I found an average of 80MB/s read and 60MB/s write speed. So, memory card quality and format seem to be out of the equation.

Sorry to hear that. If you also tried to play songs only from internal storage of M6 with no microSD card inserted then it is out of the equation. But I think someone already tried this and there were glitches as well.

Apr 26, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #2,252 of 3,610
I couldn't agree more, portability, tons of features, great sound vs not perfect performance is still a winner for me. I use it mostly at home with big amps/speakers and it's still a winner because of the other factor: PRICE.
Horses for courses: for u$s 500 I can buy a great LG V30 or another very good smartphone (in fact I need a phone). So it makes no sense to me.

I'll eventually wait for the next in line, M8? M10? to succeed the M6 ,maybe for.. u$s 200? u$s 230? with a better processor/RAM. But at this price and factor, M6 is a sweet delight.

My thoughts exactly, with any luck by that time the Exynos chip in the M11 will make it into the next round of M series releases. I will happily live with mine until that happens, it would take a real home run from another DAP maker to make me upgrade before then. So far nothing from Shanling gets me excited and Cayin hasn't released a new DAP in my price range in a very long time.

Apr 26, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #2,253 of 3,610
abitdeef is right. Random for "All songs" is working as expected.
But for "Folder" or "Album" or "Genre" or "Artist" play I would expect to play/randomize all songs in selected folder+subfolders or just the album or just the genre or just the artist and then STOP playing.
Instead it plays what you select and then it goes to another folder. And they call it in the settings: "Play through folders", it is not very accurate name or it is doing more than it should :)

Sorry to hear that. If you also tried to play songs only from internal storage of M6 with no microSD card inserted then it is out of the equation. But I think someone already tried this and there were glitches as well.

yeah, I actually did that not long ago, and there were glitches as well. It really bothers me as to why this problem exists...

Apr 26, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #2,255 of 3,610
Has anyone tried putting Poweramp on the M6?

I don't remember if I did .. But hey I will try it now as it seems you can buy a license without Google Services. Smart guys!

Apr 26, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #2,256 of 3,610
Meh, epic fail, now I remember can't decompile the apk...

Apr 26, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #2,257 of 3,610
Too bad--I bought poweramp about 7 years ago to use on an old Samsung android device.Stopped using the device and moved over to the apple side of town. Im thinking of getting the M6 but I have no idea how to even use my Poweramp account on another device and I believe it came in through Google so I guess using that on M6 is a no go. Poweramp was a great music player app with crossfade that I loved.

Apr 26, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #2,258 of 3,610
Too bad--I bought poweramp about 7 years ago to use on an old Samsung android device.Stopped using the device and moved over to the apple side of town. Im thinking of getting the M6 but I have no idea how to even use my Poweramp account on another device and I believe it came in through Google so I guess using that on M6 is a no go. Poweramp was a great music player app with crossfade that I loved.

Well it's really an app I'd recommend for testing at FiiO's lab since it is the perfect case of no Google Services dependency.. I read in the page that v3 is a "per device" payment. But it's about u$s 5 each iirc so it's not that expensive.

Apr 27, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #2,259 of 3,610

Yes it's sad poweramp is not available to use. One good thing is that Spotify has very good crossfade that seems to work well. Would be nice to have a music player that has some more useful features when playing local files. It seems, as per FiiO's own statement that there will be a firmware upgrade during April. I'm sure there will be a couple of whitelisted apps so let's live in hope they are what we all have been asking for.

Apr 27, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #2,261 of 3,610
Does anyone know if the M6 reads 2 discs albums properly? I've being having some troubles, for example Iron Maiden Book of souls...

You mean like in two different folders? if you set it to play through folders it should work fine I guess.

Apr 27, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #2,262 of 3,610
You mean like in two different folders? if you set it to play through folders it should work fine I guess.

No, I mean in the same folder, but they are coded 1-01, 1-02... 2-01, etc

Btw, I've been using the Pulsar app provided by @greenflash and it works flawlessly, much more aesthetical, I hope to see it whitelisted in next firmware update by @FiiO

Apr 27, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #2,263 of 3,610

Btw, I've been using the Pulsar app provided by @greenflash and it works flawlessly, much more aesthetical, I hope to see it whitelisted in next firmware update by @FiiO

Where can we get the working version of Pulsar?
Regards
Steve

Apr 27, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #2,264 of 3,610

Now you got me curious.

@greenflash, could you provide the modded Pulsar apk to the rest of us, please? I want to try it for science. :D

Apr 27, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #2,265 of 3,610
Where can we get the working version of Pulsar?
Steve
Now you got me curious.
@greenflash, could you provide the modded Pulsar apk to the rest of us, please? I want to try it for science. :D

Dammit I feel like a rockstar! (two minutes of fame you know :wink: )
Ok, @mono-type convinced me with the "for science" bit. Smart :D

Here's the link at the bottom - let me know if/how it works.
INSTRUCTIONS:

(Note: Basically Pulsar will "impersonate" NetEase (one of them whitelisted apps) so it will be allowed to install. Both cannot coexist)

1 - Ensure NetEase Music is not installed in your M6 (anyway it should not install over it as it's a different thing)
2 - Upload the downloaded APK to your M6 SD Card, install from there.
3 - It will appear in your settings as Pulsar (so you can uninstall if needed) BUT it will appear with the NetEase icon (red and white iirc) in your M6 launcher
4- That's all!

Do I need to make a disclaimer about how this is offered with no guarantees etc? Oh, just did! :D
Well it shouldn't bust anything (we installed it at least in 3 different M6s and the app is lovely and light) but still, Godspeed!

LINK (they'll erase it in two weeks!)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fa5dmm0nqlyw1v7/netease-pulsar[1].apk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back