[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Mar 2, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #1,561 of 3,610
It's Canada Post. The only tracking update indicates that Canada Post has picked the package up in Mississauga. That was on the 21st and no update since. It seems like it's in limbo...I assume due to the weather in the East.

I've ordered a lot of stuff over the years and have had very few (really no) issues at all. I guess I've been lucky.

Mine shipped directly from avgearshop in Brampton and no delay whatsoever. I am wondering who is providing the stock for your orders? I guess my situation is different because the M7 was already in stock when I ordered it. I just picked it up from the post office so I haven't checked it out yet.

Mar 2, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #1,562 of 3,610
I know this is the M6 thread but I wanted to share my experience with purchasing a store demo M7

I can honestly say I am extremely happy, other than the box already being open this looks like a brand new unit. All the accessories, namely the silicone case, charging cable and all the documentation is there. Even the authentication sticker has not been scratched yet.
The unit itself is in perfect condition and you can't even tell anyone has used it. The dealer did a factor reset so I had to do the settings like I would with a new unit. The much longer boot time will take getting use to as will the swiping as it feels very different from using the tiny M0 screen.
The firmware is 1.0.2, I have already downloaded the latest firmware 1.0.5 so I will do that when I have some free. Doing some work for a client this afternoon so the M7 will have to wait.

I have to say this is a really nice looking DAP and it is smaller than I thought it would be.

If you ever have the chance to get a demo unit it is definitely worth trying it. I saved $50.00 on the M7 and got everything I would have with a new unit including the full warranty and dealer return window 30 days in this case.

Mar 2, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #1,563 of 3,610
It's Canada Post. The only tracking update indicates that Canada Post has picked the package up in Mississauga. That was on the 21st and no update since. It seems like it's in limbo...I assume due to the weather in the East.

I've ordered a lot of stuff over the years and have had very few (really no) issues at all. I guess I've been lucky.

I live in the GTA, and its the same story, got a tracking number, and saying its in Mississauga on the 25th, but nothing since then

Mar 2, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #1,565 of 3,610
I've noticed that when I'm using Tidal I can't get continuous playback of music unless I touch any botton on the M6. This happens with m6 bluetoothed to my q5 or es100.

I've can't duplicate this issue in Deezer and it doesn't happen with Fiio music

It's s only in tidal and I'm running the latest versions of apps and hardware.

FIIO HELP!?

Has anyone had this problem?

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #1,566 of 3,610

I’m sure most post people do an admirable job, however mine are horrible- I’ve chased mine down for packages they didn’t even try to deliver, and complained to the postmaster who is a friend I’ve known for years and she told me it’s very hard to discipline anyone.

Luckily I’ve got a PO Box for business that I have my personal packages sent to and I can pick them up myself. Oh and they used to hang multiple packages from my mailbox in Walmart bags lol- anything to not get out of the truck. And this is year round not just in winter, so it’s simply a case of extreme laziness combined with no fear of disciplinary actions.

Mar 2, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #1,567 of 3,610
I've noticed that when I'm using Tidal I can't get continuous playback of music unless I touch any botton on the M6. This happens with m6 bluetoothed to my q5.

I've can't duplicate this issue in Deezer and it doesn't happen with Fiio music

It's s only in tidal and I'm running the latest versions of apps and hardware.

FIIO HELP!?

Has anyone had this problem?

It’s a known problem that hopefully Fiio addresses.

Mar 2, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #1,569 of 3,610
I’m sure most post people do an admirable job, however mine are horrible- I’ve chased mine down for packages they didn’t even try to deliver, and complained to the postmaster who is a friend I’ve known for years and she told me it’s very hard to discipline anyone.

Luckily I’ve got a PO Box for business that I have my personal packages sent to and I can pick them up myself. Oh and they used to hang multiple packages from my mailbox in Walmart bags lol- anything to not get out of the truck. And this is year round not just in winter, so it’s simply a case of extreme laziness combined with no fear of disciplinary actions.

yeah I have everything shipped to the shop I work at so I at least don't miss packages.

Mar 3, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #1,573 of 3,610
I think we all will have to find another retailer and stay away from Amazon.
If Amazon paid there delivery agents the full price for our delivers maybe the delivery would be better with our goods. What do we think of this idea?

Well in theory that works but dealers like avgearshop which provides alot of products to amazon fills the amazon orders first. Then they provide their customers with whatever is left. When they run out then amazon goes to the next dealer like etailz and rotates through dealers based on who has stock. Also you need to make sure that amazon is fulfilling and shipping the orders or is the vendor. In my case for example I ordered the M7 from amazon.ca but the order was fulfilled and shipped by avgearshop.

You can also try bestbuy.ca as they have a marketplace similar to amazon now where you order from bestbuy but the dealer fulfills and ships the order in many cases. They may use different dealers than amazon to provide the stock, so you may have better luck finding the product in stock.

It is hard to be patient but if you can wait until Fiio catches up with stock and then buy it from a local retailer then all the better. Especially if the dealer is local to you as you may be able to negotiate a better price in store.

Mar 3, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #1,574 of 3,610
I think we all will have to find another retailer and stay away from Amazon.
If Amazon paid there delivery agents the full price for our delivers maybe the delivery would be better with our goods. What do we think of this idea?

Not that I have used this option yet to purchase a Fiio product, but perhaps your best bet would be to order direct from Fiio via their aliexpress store??

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fii...lgo_pvid=d387de84-abb4-4d50-92ed-5611796c2f07

Mar 3, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #1,575 of 3,610
I have an answer to why the M6 is worldwide out of stock.

I search a couple of days now, and after looking a few things up, I think I get why.

I tried to do some stuff with the M6 over ADB, and after looking around a bit, I found out that the Exynos chip inside my (!) M6 is not the same as the Exynos Chipset that is promoted by FiiO.
The Chip that FiiO promotes is the Samsung Exynos 7270, however mine has the Samsung Exynos 7570 in it. In a statement that FiiO did (only in chinese), they told that Samsung does not produce the 7270 chipset anymore, and that FiiO first needs to find an alternative. Now I'm not sure how rare it is to get the M7, but the M7 and M6 share the same 7270 chipset.

Maybe I got some kind of new model or prototype? I ordered mine over a seller in italy who had it directly out of Guangzhou. Maybe they experiment with a new line of M6s after they saw how few got manufactured before Samsung ended it entirely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back