FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240 TFT|50mW|FLAC/APE/AIFF|In line control|OGG, MP3, AAC, WMA |24 Hours|HiFi Earbuds
Feb 6, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #1,306 of 2,001
No you will need a small amp mate to get the best out of your headphones....maybe the X1 or x3 is the answer without an amp

Thanks man, gonna get the x1 for my first dap. One last question, Which sounds better, the m3 with my fiio e11k or the x1 Without amps? Cause i want simply portable lightweight dap.

I don't know any if your phones but for just a little more you could get the X1:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

GL:beers:

Thanks man :blush:

Not sure whether it would have enough extra power to run those full sized cans, but sounds intriguing so I am going to look at that one as a possible gym player too thanks ☺
thanks man :blush:

Feb 6, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #1,308 of 2,001
I honestly don't know which would sound best as I only have a DX50 and an X7 so not actually heard an X1 or M3, I was looking at getting the M3 for the gym and reviews are very good....if you already have an e11 you will be fine to use the M3 with your over ears and it is cheaper. I think you will have less limitations with the X1 and can still pair it with your existing amp too.
I would go for the X1 personally based on it taking bigger cards and being less picky on file format.
Could you demo them anywhere near you?....take your cans an amp and see which one you like the sound of?

Feb 6, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #1,313 of 2,001
I ordered my PSB M4U 2 headphones from there when they had them for £189 and a 10% off voucher. I was able to get my Fiio X3II from the US. Otherwise I would have ordered the X3II from AMP3.

I got my X7 from AMP3....delivered it next day when I had paid for 5 day and great communication/advice they also gave me 15% off which was nice lol. Very happy with everything will use them whenever I can.

Feb 6, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #1,314 of 2,001
Anyone using this with a small headphone amp?
Interested to know how portability can be maintained and the armband used with an amp to power some portable on ears?

Should work well with the Fiio E11K and make a nice compact stack.  Most people who pair the X1 with the E11K find a real improvement in sound so the M3 should sound quite good paired with the E11K

Feb 7, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #1,315 of 2,001

Should work well with the Fiio E11K and make a nice compact stack.  Most people who pair the X1 with the E11K find a real improvement in sound so the M3 should sound quite good paired with the E11K

So the point is, if i buy the x1 or x3 wich is have built-in the dac and amp it'll be useles coz i'm using e11k as an external amp and the output sound is coming from the external amps not from built-in dac and amps from dap? is that what i'll get? or the built-in dac and amp will mix with the external amps? still confuse about dap > external dac amps > output

Feb 7, 2016 at 3:02 AM Post #1,316 of 2,001
Hi everyone, i don't have any dap before, just wanna ask before my first one, will this dap sounds good without an amps? I have beyer custom one pro, ath m40x, and sony xb950, will it have enough power to use my headphones?

i think it is enough...i tried it on the T40rpmk3...doesnt sound anemic.

Feb 7, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #1,317 of 2,001
I like how the HD700 sounds on an xDuoo X2, but if memory serves it has about 5 times the output of the M3.  I'd still say it's arguable for an overall experience which of the two micro DAPs is better, they both are quite enjoyable.

Feb 7, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #1,319 of 2,001
[/quote
Thanks I'll keep that in mind...is the e11 a bit bulkier to pair with a micro Dap?
I am keen on the XDuoo I think now as that will run my portable headphones alone by the sounds of it.

Feb 7, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #1,320 of 2,001

So the point is, if i buy the x1 or x3 wich is have built-in the dac and amp it'll be useles coz i'm using e11k as an external amp and the output sound is coming from the external amps not from built-in dac and amps from dap? is that what i'll get? or the built-in dac and amp will mix with the external amps? still confuse about dap > external dac amps > output

If you use an external amp it won't affect the DAC at all.  As for affecting the sound of the amp it will essentially mix with the sound from the internal amp but provide you with more power.  It should also give you a fuller sound and a bigger sound stage than the M3 amp by itself especially with hi gain on.  Although I haven't listened to the M3 yet as I have not pulled the trigger from what I understand the M3 has a warmer sound as does the E11K so I don't think the core sound of the M3 will be affected that much but the sound should be fuller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back