FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240 TFT|50mW|FLAC/APE/AIFF|In line control|OGG, MP3, AAC, WMA |24 Hours|HiFi Earbuds
Feb 5, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #1,291 of 2,001
Just updated mine to 1.7, new theme is alright, but no new fonts (boo~) and the red highlight on some part ruin the blue white green theme.
For error although its said in the changelogs that "format error" and unplayable mp3 is fixed in FW1.5 and 1.7 respectively, mine still have it. For format erro, happen on one particular album (Eureka7 singles) in which the album won't do continuous playback, after each track end, there's this nasty hiss sound (like in old tv when it lost signal) on the right channel for a few seconds and just skip out the rest of the track in the album. For unplayable mp3s.. Happens few times during shuffling, mostly on my Fate VN OST's. Saying the format isn't supported or skip the track after a few seconds in. Annoying.

Feb 6, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #1,293 of 2,001
I've used mine with my KZ ZN1 w/amp and it still drips in a shirt pocket. Not sure how it could be done with covering the face and control buttons with the arm band I've seen for them. I was wonder myself if the M3 could be strapped to FiiO's new little slim amp that has the belt clip built in:smile:

:beers:

Feb 6, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #1,294 of 2,001
I've used mine with my KZ ZN1 w/amp and it still drips in a shirt pocket. Not sure how it could be done with covering the face and control buttons with the arm band I've seen for them. I was wonder myself if the M3 could be strapped to FiiO's new little slim amp that has the belt clip built in:smile:

I was thinking the same....the new K1 is USB powered so that isn't an option for portable.... I was also thinking of trying the little square E6 to see if that would resolve amping needs.

Feb 6, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #1,295 of 2,001

I use velcro to attach the M3 and the E6 together, and just checking, the included clip on that one has no problems keeping the pair attached to my shirt while jumping around.

Feb 6, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #1,296 of 2,001
I use velcro to attach the M3 and the E6 together, and just checking, the included clip on that one has no problems keeping the pair attached to my shirt while jumping around.

That's a cool option, I guess if you had enough velcro you could try lots if things:smile: The Brain Wavz AP001 is also a nice little amp. When I got mine BW bundled it with a pair of Delta's for $27:beers:

Feb 6, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #1,297 of 2,001
I didn't get that bundle when I got the AP001, kind of wish I had.  Fun little amp, especially if you want to listen with someone else.

Feb 6, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #1,298 of 2,001
Yep, and more powerful than I expected it to be. My kids use it in the car while watching movies on my laptop:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Feb 6, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #1,299 of 2,001
Is the AP001 a better option than the E6 if I go for an M3?
The X7 would be overkill in the gym and definitely wouldn't stay put when I jump around lol
I might even try a small amp and RHA950i with my very very old Cowan G2 which goes forever on a single AA battery and is tiny.

Feb 6, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #1,300 of 2,001
Hi everyone, i don't have any dap before, just wanna ask before my first one, will this dap sounds good without an amps? I have beyer custom one pro, ath m40x, and sony xb950, will it have enough power to use my headphones?

Feb 6, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #1,301 of 2,001
Hi everyone, i don't have any dap before, just wanna ask before my first one, will this dap sounds good without an amps? I have beyer custom one pro, ath m40x, and sony xb950, will it have enough power to use my headphones?

No you will need a small amp mate to get the best out of your headphones....maybe the X1 or x3 is the answer without an amp

Feb 6, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #1,304 of 2,001

I don't know any if your phones but for just a little more you could get the X1:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

GL:beers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back