FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240 TFT|50mW|FLAC/APE/AIFF|In line control|OGG, MP3, AAC, WMA |24 Hours|HiFi Earbuds
Feb 2, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #1,261 of 2,001
I am considering the M3 for my new Ultrasone HFI-2400 headphones, 

Since all my current players are a little weak to drive the 2400 (70 ohm),

I already have the Clip+, Cowon J3, I7, G3 and others...

fiio X1 is also an option, 

I am a new member here in Head-Fi, but I am reading in the Head-Fi forums for many years...

Thanks in advance...

Feb 2, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #1,262 of 2,001
  Bought the M3 from Amazon today. Is there a protective case for it that allows for access to  the player's controls?

sorry  there are not official case for M3. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 3, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #1,263 of 2,001
Forgive me for not reading through 85 pages, so if this has been posted before, I apologies. 

I purchased this MicroUSB-to-MicroUSB OTG Cable from Amazon for $6.00.

If I hook the [Host] end to my Samsung S4 and the other end to the FiiO M3, I can transfer files / rename files / add folders / etc.. Basically all the stuff I can do on a computer, can be done between the two of them.  Which makes it handy for on the go.

--

Also, I found a perfect little case for the little FiiO DAP on Amazon as well.  Fits the M3 and a pair of earphone perfectly.  Though it seems to be out of stock at the moment. 

(I flip it face side down in the case normally, just so I don't accidentally scratch the screen)

--

Feb 3, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #1,264 of 2,001
I am considering the M3 for my new Ultrasone HFI-2400 headphones, 

Since all my current players are a little weak to drive the 2400 (70 ohm),

I already have the Clip+, Cowon J3, I7, G3 and others...

fiio X1 is also an option, 

I am a new member here in Head-Fi, but I am reading in the Head-Fi forums for many years...

Thanks in advance...

I asked a similar question through the UK retailer (AMP3) as I wanted to know whether it could drive my old portable RHA 950I and was advised that it couldn't....you would need an amp so X1 might be the better option for you with those headphones.
The M3 looks great for a gym portable, but to get it into such a small package there would have to be a limited amp.

Feb 3, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #1,265 of 2,001
I asked a similar question through the UK retailer (AMP3) as I wanted to know whether it could drive my old portable RHA 950I and was advised that it couldn't....you would need an amp so X1 might be the better option for you with those headphones.
The M3 looks great for a gym portable, but to get it into such a small package there would have to be a limited amp.

Which one should work better with my headphones the X1 or the Cowon plenue D ?

I am thinking also to buy a USB DAC (fiio) and connect it to my cell phone (Galaxy S5) as an alternative...?

Feb 3, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #1,268 of 2,001

Which one should work better with my headphones the X1 or the Cowon plenue D ?

I am thinking also to buy a USB DAC (fiio) and connect it to my cell phone (Galaxy S5) as an alternative...?

Before i settled on the M3, I was considering Xduoo X2 and  X3 ....they have a more powerful amp than the M3 from what I've read. You might want to consider them, although I don't know how they well they will drive your headphones. I finally chose the M3 because I will use earphones exclusively + its features, i.e. quality sound, custom eq, very small size, and lanyard capability, better match what I'm going to use it for.........exercise and outdoor activity. I own a couple of Cowon's (J3 and D2), and they are good players, but not particularity powerful......I have no experience with the plenue. You can also consider the hidizs Ap100, instead of the Cowon, because it does have an amp powerful enough to drive headphones.......not sure about yours though.

Feb 3, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #1,269 of 2,001
  Before i settled on the M3, I was considering Xduoo X2 and  X3 ....they have a more powerful amp than the M3 from what I've read. You might want to consider them, although I don't know how they well they will drive your headphones. I finally chose the M3 because I will use earphones exclusively + its features, i.e. quality sound, custom eq, very small size, and lanyard capability, better match what I'm going to use it for.........exercise and outdoor activity. I own a couple of Cowon's (J3 and D2), and they are good players, but not particularity powerful......I have no experience with the plenue. You can also consider the hidizs Ap100, instead of the Cowon, because it does have an amp powerful enough to drive headphones.......not sure about yours though.

Actually both the Clip+ & the J3 drive the headphones very well BUT almost to the maximum of the players (80%),

And they rated at least half power of the M3, this is the reason I thought the M3 will be powerful enough...

The J3 is rated as 29mw
The Clip+ rate as 16mw

And the M3 as 50mw

Anything wrong with the above numbers ? 

Feb 3, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #1,270 of 2,001

Argh matey's, eye patch and a lanyard is all ye need for the M3
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #1,271 of 2,001
  Forgive me for not reading through 85 pages, so if this has been posted before, I apologies. 

I purchased this MicroUSB-to-MicroUSB OTG Cable from Amazon for $6.00.

If I hook the [Host] end to my Samsung S4 and the other end to the FiiO M3, I can transfer files / rename files / add folders / etc.. Basically all the stuff I can do on a computer, can be done between the two of them.  Which makes it handy for on the go.

--

Also, I found a perfect little case for the little FiiO DAP on Amazon as well.  Fits the M3 and a pair of earphone perfectly.  Though it seems to be out of stock at the moment. 

(I flip it face side down in the case normally, just so I don't accidentally scratch the screen)

--

You the man Bloody, I like that case
bigsmile_face.gif
I'm using this one for storage and top pocket if I have one
wink_face.gif

Feb 3, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #1,273 of 2,001
Feb 3, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #1,274 of 2,001

Actually both the Clip+ & the J3 drive the headphones very well BUT almost to the maximum of the players (80%),

And they rated at least half power of the M3, this is the reason I thought the M3 will be powerful enough...

The J3 is rated as 29mw
The Clip+ rate as 16mw

And the M3 as 50mw

Anything wrong with the above numbers ? 

I hope not.........I have a J3 and its amp was sufficient for my purposes (I do not use it with headphones because it will struggle). I haven't received the M3 yet, but since the M3 is more powerful than the J3 (not twice as powerful as the numbers imply.......amp numbers don't work that way), it should satisfy my needs nicely. As I mentioned in my previous post, there are other players that are more powerful than the M3. That made me think that the M3 might be a little underpowered. In fact that's why I hesitated buying the M3. Its good to know that my fears were unfounded. As I mentioned, the M3 seemed to be the best overall player for what I needed. With the power question answered, it's probably perfect.......again, for my purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back