FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240 TFT|50mW|FLAC/APE/AIFF|In line control|OGG, MP3, AAC, WMA |24 Hours|HiFi Earbuds
Jan 31, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #1,248 of 2,001
Awesome, seems like quite a bit has been updated and improved upon :) If there was one thing that I would love to see implemented it would be that the player recognises duplicate songs so that when I select an artist there is only one of each song instead of multiples where a song is on more than 1 album in my folders. Also being able to see the artist on the now playing screen would be a nice addition too

Feb 1, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #1,252 of 2,001

Awesome.  Checking it out 1.7 now.

--

Well I guess I'm about to give up my age and total prowess with anything software
eek.gif
You look pretty knowledgeable Bloody, my question is do I need to load previous updates to 1.7 to get those upgrade fixes or will just loading 1.7 encompass all previous updates when it's installed. Believe me if anyone can hose this up it's me
redface.gif
TIA

Feb 1, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #1,253 of 2,001

Well I guess I'm about to give up my age and total prowess with anything software
eek.gif
You look pretty knowledgeable Bloody, my question is do I need to load previous updates to 1.7 to get those upgrade fixes or will just loading 1.7 encompass all previous updates when it's installed. Believe me if anyone can hose this up it's me
redface.gif
TIA

You do NOT need to update the other versions.

All you need to do is just load 1.7 and you will be good to go.  
cool.gif

If you have any further questions, I am happy to help.

--

Feb 1, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #1,254 of 2,001

cool.gif

--

THX Bloody, going to give it a try, if I run into trouble may pm you
wink_face.gif

Feb 1, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #1,255 of 2,001

why you bought two FiiO's DAP ? 

Good eye seeing the X1 in the background. :)

I have the X1 because it is my first DAP since my iPod Classic died and I was looking for an inexpensive yet full-featured replacement to carry my entire music library. The X1 is right for me because it has the right feature set at the right price, plays all my music, and has physical controls instead of relying on a touch screen, which I hate in dedicated device because it requires me to look to accomplish anything and I was used to operating my iPod Classic by feel. Also, prior to the buying the X1, I already had good experience with FiiO quality; I have the E07k portable DAC/amp.

I bought the M3 for its ultra-portability; I use it at the gym and around the house, hanging around my neck on a lanyard and it is extremely convenient, particularly since I may not be wearing something with pockets at the gym or while doing chores around the house, so carrying the X1 or my iPhone is more of a hassle.

I wouldn't have the M3 as my only DAP, though, because there are a few of my Hi-Res files it doesn't support (my 24-bit/88 kHz FLACs, for example), and because it isn't as full featured as a I want in my "primary" DAP. The X1 is far better in every respect except extreme portability, so I bought both.

They are both great deals!

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #1,256 of 2,001

cool.gif

--

Thank you again BP, I was finally able to get 1.7 on my M3 and then got the 1.4 load into my (actually onto my mSD card, yes I went back into the card and deleted the file) my X3ii
wink_face.gif

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #1,257 of 2,001

Thank you again BP, I was finally able to get 1.7 on my M3 and then got the 1.4 load into my (actually onto my mSD card, yes I went back into the card and deleted the file) my X3ii
wink_face.gif

Happy to help!  Anytime!  
cool.gif

--

Feb 2, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #1,260 of 2,001
  Bought the M3 from Amazon today. Is there a protective case for it that allows for access to  the player's controls?

Not that I'm aware of but they do make an armband for it. Note sure who are making them but I know I've seen one
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back