FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240 TFT|50mW|FLAC/APE/AIFF|In line control|OGG, MP3, AAC, WMA |24 Hours|HiFi Earbuds
Feb 3, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #1,276 of 2,001
Actually both the Clip+ & the J3 drive the headphones very well BUT almost to the maximum of the players (80%),

And they rated at least half power of the M3, this is the reason I thought the M3 will be powerful enough...

The J3 is rated as 29mw
The Clip+ rate as 16mw

And the M3 as 50mw

Anything wrong with the above numbers ? 

The headphones I queried are 32 ohms portable with max power of 30/100mw and a technician from AMP3 advised it would need an amp to get much out of them with the M3.
I couldn't claim to have the scientific knowledge to have made that call :grinning:
The X1 should be fine I imagine, if it were me I'd be looking at specifications online to get an answer.
Good luck whichever path you choose mate.

Feb 3, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #1,277 of 2,001

I guess FiiO can't ask for any more endorsement or marketing than wearing that baby right out in plain view to the oohs and ahs when a lot of people comment on it and if they have even a cheap piar of iems they go "Gotta have one" like instantaneously:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It's just a well built and really quite cute! There I said it:flushed: It is cute compared to my X3ii, or my iPhones/iPads/iPods. Guess I should have just said my iDevices! For it's price it delivers in spades for me. YMMV:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Feb 4, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #1,278 of 2,001
The headphones I queried are 32 ohms portable with max power of 30/100mw and a technician from AMP3 advised it would need an amp to get much out of them with the M3.
I couldn't claim to have the scientific knowledge to have made that call :grinning:
The X1 should be fine I imagine, if it were me I'd be looking at specifications online to get an answer.
Good luck whichever path you choose mate.

Thanks!

Feb 4, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #1,279 of 2,001
Concerning micro SD cards for the M3, what should I be looking for?  32 GB should have enough storage for me. Is there any reason why I should consider more? ........for example, as these cards become full, do they tend to become sluggish? Everything else being equal, would a 32GB card with almost 32 GB of music be bogged down more than a 64GB card with 32GB of music? Are there any brands that  would be more reliable, or are they all them about the same? Within a brand, should I go with their fastest card or will that be overkill? Is there anything else that I should consider when buying a card?

Feb 4, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #1,282 of 2,001
Hi Guys,

Newbie here, just bought my daughter a M3, now i have updated it to the latest version 1.7.

I uploaded a few songs to test it out, and on the first song it plays the first 1.00 min and then says unsupported file format and will say the same for the next 4 songs and will then play normally.Now these are all MP3 files.

Is it something im doing wrong at all ?

Thanks for the help all.

t0ne

Feb 4, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #1,283 of 2,001
Is it ok to have the micro sd card formatted in exfat, or is fat32 necessary for the M3? I have a micro card, but its formatted is exfat. When I right click it, and then click format, there are only two options.....exfat and NTFS. How do I reformat to fat32 if that's necessary?

Feb 5, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #1,286 of 2,001
  Is it ok to have the micro sd card formatted in exfat, or is fat32 necessary for the M3? I have a micro card, but its formatted is exfat. When I right click it, and then click format, there are only two options.....exfat and NTFS. How do I reformat to fat32 if that's necessary?

Search the Web for an app called 'SD Card Formatter', install it on your Windows or MAC machine and format the card with FAT32...

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #1,287 of 2,001

When you have the microSD card in the M3, have the M3 do the formatting. No need to install any extra software on your computer. It is what I did with my X3II.

Feb 5, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #1,288 of 2,001
I'm trying to think of a small, and I should probably say micro due to the size that I'm thinking, amp to pair with the M3.  I know Fiio has the E6 and will have a new one coming out soon which I hope to be an upgrade to the E6.  There's also Brainwavz's tiny amp which is about the same size as the E6.  Can anyone make a recommendation on an amp roughly this size?  I already have the E6 and the Brainwavz AP001, so if there aren't any other recommended options, I'll probably also pick up the new Fiio amp for comparison purposes.  I'll be using velcro to keep the two combined, so tiny is really what I'm going for.  Thanks in advance!

Feb 5, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #1,289 of 2,001
  I'm trying to think of a small, and I should probably say micro due to the size that I'm thinking, amp to pair with the M3.  I know Fiio has the E6 and will have a new one coming out soon which I hope to be an upgrade to the E6.  There's also Brainwavz's tiny amp which is about the same size as the E6.  Can anyone make a recommendation on an amp roughly this size?  I already have the E6 and the Brainwavz AP001, so if there aren't any other recommended options, I'll probably also pick up the new Fiio amp for comparison purposes.  I'll be using velcro to keep the two combined, so tiny is really what I'm going for.  Thanks in advance!

The technically best tiny amp would be the RSA Shadow, but it is much more expensive than the ones you mentioned and therefore probably not what you are looking for, is it?

Feb 5, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #1,290 of 2,001
@HiFiChris actually... That RSA is quite tempting, but yeah it's a bit more expensive than I originally intended. I might keep an eye out for one on the forums, thanks.

Nevermind. Did a quick check for some used ones, and found one within an acceptable price range from a seemingly reputable seller on eBay, so decided to go ahead and order it. The only reason I was mentioning inexpensive micro-amps was because the only ones I was aware of that suited my needs were quite inexpensive. The selling point was reading over a quick review where someone referenced the Fiio E12 which I have, and the comparison surely caught my interest. So thank you very much for pointing me in hopefully the right direction!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back