FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240 TFT|50mW|FLAC/APE/AIFF|In line control|OGG, MP3, AAC, WMA |24 Hours|HiFi Earbuds
Dec 23, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #1,083 of 2,001

Need to add "Research Maniac" to your handle
biggrin.gif

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #1,084 of 2,001
Run into a little problem on mine... laptop went into hibernation while the player was plugged in charging and it now appears to be stuck on the orange battery screen, any way to forcibly reset it? tried holding the power button and connecting back into the laptop to no avail any solutions?

Thanks in advance

Nvm sorted itself out after 30 seconds of holding the power button, (sorry for bothering you guys)

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #1,086 of 2,001
I've finally had a chance to run through this device.  For $55 dollars you sure get substantial value.  Sound quality (to my non-audiophile ears) is almost as good as the X1.  I got rid of my x1 since this thing is so portable.  

I was going to replace my cowon M2 with this m3 (ironic no?).  However, the plenue D will probably be my work horse device.  

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #1,087 of 2,001
Finally got one for S$99 for my dad. The old man loves the size and SQ. He's pairing it with E11K (A3) portable AMP. Sources are all FLAC. For me, Its a downside that it doesn't support ALAC. Would be great if it does. 

This little device is very portable and light. You won't feel anything once its inside your pocket or wherever you put it. 

For all those who are on the fence, my recommendation is just get it. Its a pretty decent DAP. IMHO, dare i say the SQ is better than the X1.

Software wise, I've upgraded to FW1.5 and its a little bit more user friendly than the previous FW. Now I can get to settings by pressing and holding on to the menu button without getting into the songs section. I think the FW will get better and better in time to come.

Below are the improvements & new features for FW1.5 (directly from FiiO website):

1.    Added option to go to Settings by holding menu button while not at the Now Playing screen.
2.    Added On/Off reminder for Fade in/Fade out.
3.    Fixed issue where the player would display format error by certain operations.
4.    Fixed issue where the genre tag of some APE files was read incorrectly.
5.    Fixed issue where the battery gauge couldn’t move when charging under certain interfaces.

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #1,088 of 2,001
Nice gift for your dad Divefroggy:smile: with sweet files I don't even need an anp just a pair of EX1's or Techne's:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Dec 24, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #1,090 of 2,001
So, can this thing play standard iTunes files(not Apple lossless files)? Not sure and would appreciate an answer from someone who might know as this looks like an attractive player to just put in a pocket with a pair of earphones for a hassle free on-the-go rig but would be no good to me if I couldn't use the sd cards from my other daps. Cheers and Merry Christmas to all.

Dec 24, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #1,091 of 2,001
  So, can this thing play standard iTunes files(not Apple lossless files)? Not sure and would appreciate an answer from someone who might know as this looks like an attractive player to just put in a pocket with a pair of earphones for a hassle free on-the-go rig but would be no good to me if I couldn't use the sd cards from my other daps. Cheers and Merry Christmas to all.

Yes. The M3 handles AAC files just fine.

Dec 24, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #1,093 of 2,001

Yes sir Swannie, like PKD says AAC just fine. Mine loads my iTunes purchased files right up with tags, text and album art:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Dec 24, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #1,095 of 2,001
Do the build in 8 Gb and the let's say a 32 Gb microSD merge together as one?
The sansa sport doesn't do this which kinda sucks when shuffling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back