FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240 TFT|50mW|FLAC/APE/AIFF|In line control|OGG, MP3, AAC, WMA |24 Hours|HiFi Earbuds
Dec 19, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #1,052 of 2,001
It's pretty sad if an MP3 player that came out years ago has more memory.

What's sad about it?  To meet a price point, sometimes you have to make choices.  If it doesn't suit you - don't buy it.. Pretty simple really.

And the latest Sansas have the same limits.  Are they sad too?

Dec 20, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #1,053 of 2,001
I m looking forward to grabbing one of these.
Another fiiio set to take over the niche market of ultra small players (this time)
bye bye crapple, bye bye sansa << both grossly over-priced and shocking poor support

Dec 20, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #1,054 of 2,001
What's sad about it?  To meet a price point, sometimes you have to make choices.  If it doesn't suit you - don't buy it.. Pretty simple really.

Yes it is sad (and very disappointing in case of SanDisk)that as technology moves on these devices get worse,

Dec 20, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #1,055 of 2,001

Yes?  Technology shouldn't get going backwards. 

What is even more annoying is when a company doesn't even openly advertise it, and people have to literally buy the devices to find out. 

Dec 20, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #1,056 of 2,001

Yes?  Technology shouldn't get going backwards. 

What is even more annoying is when a company doesn't even openly advertise it, and people have to literally buy the devices to find out. 

Apple has helped technology go backwards. Apple started the no removable battery with no expandable memory and cheap ***** audio components. And then other companies followed from there.The problem I have is prices for most portable DAPS is not cheap and to have to depend on a battery is wrong (IMHO). If I am paying the price of  an X7, I want to be able to have the battery replaced easily by me.

When the time comes to have my battery replaced in the Fiio X3II, can I send it in to be replaced?

Dec 20, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #1,057 of 2,001
I'm still waiting for a serious sound comparison between Sansa Clip+ and M3--or better yet, between the M3 and the Sansa Fuze, which had the same processor as the Clip+ but more headphone wattage, and it made a difference.

If there's one around somewhere--not just an adjective or two--please link.

Dec 20, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #1,058 of 2,001
I'm still waiting for a serious sound comparison between Sansa Clip+ and M3--or better yet, between the M3 and the Sansa Fuze, which had the same processor as the Clip+ but more headphone wattage, and it made a difference.

If there's one around somewhere--not just an adjective or two--please link.

I did and I'm by no means a pro at this so take this as my opinion on their sound. I couldn't tell a difference between the M3, Fuze, or my Clip+. To my ears, they all sounded the same when volume matched using the supplied FiiO earbuds. The only time I could hear a difference is when switching back and forth between my X series players (night and day). Using other headphones yeilded the same results for me. Your results may be different than mine, but that's what I heard. If you have a Fuze, I'd stick with it just because it has a better UI. If you want more storage, format your larger card to fat32 and you're good to go. That's what I did.

Dec 20, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #1,059 of 2,001
I did and I'm by no means a pro at this so take this as my opinion on their sound. I couldn't tell a difference between the M3, Fuze, or my Clip+. To my ears, they all sounded the same when volume matched using the supplied FiiO earbuds. The only time I could hear a difference is when switching back and forth between my X series players (night and day). Using other headphones yeilded the same results for me. Your results may be different than mine, but that's what I heard. If you have a Fuze, I'd stick with it just because it has a better UI. If you want more storage, format your larger card to fat32 and you're good to go. That's what I did.

How are the lastest sandisk players, like sports? older ones like clip plus aren't being sold anymore

Dec 20, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #1,060 of 2,001
How are the lastest sandisk players, like sports? older ones like clip plus aren't being sold anymore

Couldn't tell you because I don't own any of them. I'm guessing, but they use a similar chipset to the M3 (same manufacturer I'm told) so I'd say there wouldn't be much difference between the M3 and the new Sansa's other than the Sansa would have a better UI.

Dec 20, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #1,061 of 2,001
Couldn't tell you because I don't own any of them. I'm guessing, but they use a similar chipset to the M3 (same manufacturer I'm told) so I'd say there wouldn't be much difference between the M3 and the new Sansa's other than the Sansa would have a better UI.

And I guess the m3 would have better build quality? Sansa gets a ton of complaints for their players breaking. m3 does look really solid build.

Dec 20, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #1,062 of 2,001
And I guess the m3 would have better build quality? Sansa gets a ton of complaints for their players breaking. m3 does look really solid build.

The M3 seems well built to me. I think my Clip+ and Fuze are good too. On another forum, some folks thought the M3 seemed cheaply built and were more impressed with the Sansa's. I'd say they're about even. I returned my M3 because the player couldn't do what I wanted and because I did not like the UI. Others are fine with the M3's shortcomings, I was not. I don't see much improvement in the future due to its chipset and RAM limitations.

Dec 20, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #1,063 of 2,001
By all accounts the Jam and Sport are inferior to the Clip+ and Zip. The Zip can handle some Apple formats that the Clip+ does not, but I never moved beyond the Clip+. The Jam and Sport handle fewer files in their tag databases, can't be Rockboxed, and the complaints only start there. 

There are still new Clip+ on Ebay. Better to grab one of those than the later Sansa models.

All the Clips are little plastic-y things, but the Clip+ is so small that if you put it in a silicone skin it's pretty hard to wreck it. The Fuze was bigger (like the M3) and a little more vulnerable, especially in its headphone jack, and the remaining ones are either expensive or used--and you don't know when the headphone jack is going to break if it's used.  In general, it's wise not to store any DAP  with the headphones plugged in.

Dec 20, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #1,064 of 2,001
By all accounts the Jam and Sport are inferior to the Clip+ and Zip. The Zip can handle some Apple formats that the Clip+ does not, but I never moved beyond the Clip+. The Jam and Sport handle fewer files in their tag databases, can't be Rockboxed, and the complaints only start there. 

There are still new Clip+ on Ebay. Better to grab one of those than the later Sansa models.

All the Clips are little plastic-y things, but the Clip+ is so small that if you put it in a silicone skin it's pretty hard to wreck it. The Fuze was bigger (like the M3) and a little more vulnerable, especially in its headphone jack, and the remaining ones are either expensive or used--and you don't know when the headphone jack is going to break if it's used.  In general, it's wise not to store any DAP  with the headphones plugged in.

I would think repeated plugging and unplugging the headphones from the jack would cause more wear and tear than leaving them plugged in, so I'm not sure I'm following this. Can you explain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back