[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Jul 18, 2022 at 8:12 PM Post #4,291 of 5,692
Hello! One point is interesting ... The M17 has a volume wheel, as we all know, they have a disease, they begin to "fail" over time, who has any thoughts on this? How soon will I have to throw the player in the trash?:smile: Thank you for your attention!

Jul 18, 2022 at 8:28 PM Post #4,292 of 5,692
Hello! One point is interesting ... The M17 has a volume wheel, as we all know, they have a disease, they begin to "fail" over time, who has any thoughts on this? How soon will I have to throw the player in the trash?:smile: Thank you for your attention!
I don't think anyone can say how long an analog volume POT is going to last but you do know that M17 also has digital button volume control that bypasses the volume wheel?

Jul 18, 2022 at 8:42 PM Post #4,293 of 5,692
I don't think anyone can say how long an analog volume POT is going to last but you do know that M17 also has digital button volume control that bypasses the volume wheel?
Yes, I know. But the analog potentiometer gives more sensations from controlling the device... There is some hope that someone here will say that the M17 is made of quality components and technology has stepped forward. and there is no need to worry again.:relaxed:

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2022 at 9:17 PM Post #4,296 of 5,692
Received an Ifi iPower Elite a couple of days ago. Tested it for a couple of hours with my M17 with FD7 and I just love it. Brings an much more ease in the music. More calm without being shy.
It just feels like the music has a so much better flow.
Effortless. That’s how I feel about my PSU. It smooths the edges too.

Jul 22, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #4,297 of 5,692
@FiiO
where can I buy original screen protectors for the M17?

Jul 23, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #4,298 of 5,692
@FiiO
where can I buy original screen protectors for the M17?
I know this is not the answer you are looking for, but I always just buy a big good quality iPad matte screen protector and cut out a piece from it. They are often much better than the finger print magnet originals.

Jul 25, 2022 at 5:17 PM Post #4,299 of 5,692
Hi all, does variable line out also bypass the THX amp stage?

Thanks

Jul 26, 2022 at 5:50 AM Post #4,300 of 5,692
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 29, 2022 at 5:17 AM Post #4,301 of 5,692
Yesterday for the first time I listened to the modest dynamos of the CA Atlas with the M17 boar.
Stuck for the whole evening! How beautifully they sang!
The brutal heavy went so beautifully and correctly that I even had to skip a couple of glasses of whiskey to calm down a little)

Massive bass is already a strong point of the CA Atlas, but with the M17 it is simply three-dimensional! Fully deep, weighty and rolling. I would say, a real speaker sound!

For the first time, it was not I who first looked into the darkness, but the darkest darkness itself immediately stared at me!))

As a result: fat goosebumps on the back and involuntary stamping of the legs)
Hi,
I am considering to buy M17. I also have Atlas and other bassy In-ears like Aroma Witch Girl W12 and not sure how much this M17 will upgrade sound quality until I find your comment which makes my heart beat. You mention using 3.5 cable. Mine one is 4.4, so hope it will deliver amazing sound to my ears. Currently I use DX300 and makes me wonder whether this M17 will please me more heaven or not. I will go to the local shop and test there very soon.

Jul 29, 2022 at 5:50 AM Post #4,302 of 5,692
Hi,
I am considering to buy M17. I also have Atlas and other bassy In-ears like Aroma Witch Girl W12 and not sure how much this M17 will upgrade sound quality until I find your comment which makes my heart beat. You mention using 3.5 cable. Mine one is 4.4, so hope it will deliver amazing sound to my ears. Currently I use DX300 and makes me wonder whether this M17 will please me more heaven or not. I will go to the local shop and test there very soon.
Demo it, there is no better suggestion than it.

Jul 29, 2022 at 8:59 AM Post #4,303 of 5,692
Hi,
4,4mm = double power.

had the dx300, too. m17 is an upgrade as long as you like the fiio sound signature.

Jul 31, 2022 at 4:54 AM Post #4,304 of 5,692
I just got M17 yesterday and then charge the battery. I wonder how to know whether the battery is fully charged. Will M17 show any sign like no light blinking, etc. As I don't see any signal, I let it charge overnight. When I wake up, I still do not see any change, so I press power and it shows the signal of 100% charge. Can u pls advise how to check or do I have to set up M17 to show. Thks in advance.

Jul 31, 2022 at 5:19 AM Post #4,305 of 5,692
I just got M17 yesterday and then charge the battery. I wonder how to know whether the battery is fully charged. Will M17 show any sign like no light blinking, etc. As I don't see any signal, I let it charge overnight. When I wake up, I still do not see any change, so I press power and it shows the signal of 100% charge. Can u pls advise how to check or do I have to set up M17 to show. Thks in advance.
It becomes with 100% and Green when fully charged and a text is written Fully charged on the main screen..
But I would recommend, like most android device, to set in the battery menu max charging at 85% or less, to save battery life unless you are on the way and the extra 15% can be useful (like for long overseas flight).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back