[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Nov 30, 2021 at 4:41 AM Post #1,037 of 5,703
The SRC has been bypassed in Android underlying processing for the APPs in FiiO M17. However, you would need to check whether the APP itself has SRC. If yes, the output sampling rate may not be consistent with the sampling rate of the music file.

Best regards
Thank you for the quick response and clear explanation. I love your open and honest way of interacting with your customers here on Head-fi; looking forward to my M17!

Regards

Nov 30, 2021 at 4:43 AM Post #1,038 of 5,703
Thank you so much for your opinion on the ID design of the Q9. We will finalize the front and back designs of the Q9 based on opinions of users at home and abroad (From the current result, Chinese users prefer the one with heat dissipation marks just like the M17 while overseas users hold an opposite opinion).
We are still optimizing the RGB light design. Here are two different schemes. The first is an integrated design with all ambient lights in one. These lights take up larger space for an obvious light effect. The second is to add more lights based on the M17. Which one do you prefer?

You could vote at: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/vot...9-part-ii-evolution-of-ambient-lights.960906/

Picture A:
A.jpg

Picture B:
B.jpg
Photo A to my mind is cleaner and more refined, though I'm not a fan of this RGB thing and am totally baffled by the appeal, to be honest. When I think RGB lighting, I think gaming keyboards. Probably/maybe it's a generational thing....

Nov 30, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #1,039 of 5,703
Thank you so much for your opinion on the ID design of the Q9. We will finalize the front and back designs of the Q9 based on opinions of users at home and abroad (From the current result, Chinese users prefer the one with heat dissipation marks just like the M17 while overseas users hold an opposite opinion).
We are still optimizing the RGB light design. Here are two different schemes. The first is an integrated design with all ambient lights in one. These lights take up larger space for an obvious light effect. The second is to add more lights based on the M17. Which one do you prefer?

You could vote at: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/vot...9-part-ii-evolution-of-ambient-lights.960906/

Picture A:
A.jpg

Picture B:
B.jpg
Is there a possibility to add a microSD card to this, so we can use this as a chord mojo?

Nov 30, 2021 at 4:51 AM Post #1,040 of 5,703
! Good to know that it is 8 channels with 4-4 in parallel per chip are being used ! I found your explanation on data sheets

"The M17 makes use of the 8-channel D/A converter following the method A."

A. Connect the 8 D/A converters in parallel and then pass the parallel signals to a public I/V converter before output.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2021 at 5:51 AM Post #1,041 of 5,703
However, you would need to check whether the APP itself has SRC.
how do i check this?

i guess 99% of us will have the same 3 apps on it:
  • qobuz
  • tidal
  • uapp
how to we know that qobuz bypass the src? because you modified the android OS in that way? and regardless of future updates of tidal or qobuz, both apps with ALWAYS bypass src?

Nov 30, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #1,042 of 5,703
how do i check this?

i guess 99% of us will have the same 3 apps on it:
  • qobuz
  • tidal
  • uapp
how to we know that qobuz bypass the src? because you modified the android OS in that way? and regardless of future updates of tidal or qobuz, both apps with ALWAYS bypass src?
Well, for one, the Tidal android app is bit-perfect. See this article on it.

Nov 30, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #1,043 of 5,703
"The M17 makes use of the 8-channel D/A converter following the method A."

A. Connect the 8 D/A converters in parallel and then pass the parallel signals to a public I/V converter before output.
Ah my bad, was half awoken LOL.

Ok, I think I found what caught my eyes back then

Parallels all 8 channels will result in 25Ohms output impedances. Many Opamp used in I/V stages in U1 and U3 will have difficulty maintaining low THD and Linearity. For ES9038Pro, it is recommended to parallel the DAC output after the output of U2 and use a set of Opamp for all 8 channels U1, U2, U3.

That explains why FiiO used 1 single channel OpAmps for I/V stages
ACACB270-C6DE-4256-B4E6-028230E194DA.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2021 at 6:19 AM Post #1,044 of 5,703
The SRC has been bypassed in Android underlying processing for the APPs in FiiO M17. However, you would need to check whether the APP itself has SRC. If yes, the output sampling rate may not be consistent with the sampling rate of the music file.

Best regards
This is true.
UAPP has it but, it has to be implemented to the particular DAC, for instance, DSD works with the Q5s but it gets converted with the M17.
CA8A2471-82B9-4B27-B959-556A6C6971AC.jpeg

By contrast, the Fiio app keeps the DSD file intact t
20211130_001628.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2021 at 6:28 AM Post #1,046 of 5,703
Ah my bad, was half awoken LOL.

Ok, I think I found what caught my eyes back then

Parallels all 8 channels will result in 25Ohms output impedances. Many Opamp used in I/V stages in U1 and U3 will have difficulty maintaining low THD and Linearity. For ES9038Pro, it is recommended to parallel the DAC output after the output of U2 and use a set of Opamp for all 8 channels U1, U2, U3.

That explains why FiiO used 1 single channel OpAmps for I/V stages
ACACB270-C6DE-4256-B4E6-028230E194DA.jpeg
what about lks004?

Nov 30, 2021 at 6:34 AM Post #1,047 of 5,703
what about lks004?
They used discrete stages for all channels if I remembered correctly. It has been a while I haven’t visited the DAC. It appears that they run 4-4 in parallel with discrete components to compensate for the linearity and THD that OpAmps can’t tackle as the data sheets mentioned. This opened up a lot of rooms for those DIY to play around with it as well

One last question for @FiiO , does M17 use True Line Out ? And not Pseudo LO ?

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #1,048 of 5,703
They used discrete stages for all channels if I remembered correctly. It has been a while I haven’t visited the DAC. It appears that they run 4-4 in parallel with discrete components to compensate for the linearity and THD that OpAmps can’t tackle as the data sheets mentioned. This opened up a lot of rooms for those DIY to play around with it as well

oh you not listen to it anymore?

Nov 30, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #1,049 of 5,703
oh you not listen to it anymore?
I do, just don’t play around with it anymore, so all the hardware stuff on it escaped my mind LOL!!

The DIY community is going crazy over it for sure, and I know they have poured so much $$$ into improving it with great results. I have left it as is for a while now

Nov 30, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #1,050 of 5,703

Of course it is true line out

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back