[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Nov 30, 2021 at 8:03 AM Post #1,051 of 5,703
how do i check this?

i guess 99% of us will have the same 3 apps on it:
  • qobuz
  • tidal
  • uapp
how to we know that qobuz bypass the src? because you modified the android OS in that way? and regardless of future updates of tidal or qobuz, both apps with ALWAYS bypass src?
Qobuz bypasses SRC on the M17, at least through coaxial output

20211130_130048.jpg

Nov 30, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #1,052 of 5,703
Well, for one, the Tidal android app is bit-perfect. See this article on it.
yes but i used like 10 dingle dacs to check that. it is true JUST if tidal has the driver for it. like DF gets recognized in seconds. other brands do not get recognized. i got in touch with tidal support and they confirmed that it absolutely depends on the device, of course. whether hey included this particular device in their list or not and whether they have the proper driver for it.

@viffer
thank you for the information.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #1,053 of 5,703
yes but i used like 10 dingle dacs to check that. it is true JUST if tidal has the driver for it. like DF gets recognized in seconds. other brands do not get recognized. i got in touch with tidal support and they confirmed that it absolutely depends on the device, of course. whether hey included this particular device in their list or not and whether they have the proper driver for it.

@viffer
thank you for the information.
There is nothing to worry about here. A similar method was adaptod by different manufacturers and I already analysed other DAPs down to the Linux kernel settings. I also remember I checked it on M15 back then. There is no reason that it will not be the case for M17. For example for DX300:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/iba...-29-21-1-04-305.943221/page-361#post-16296032

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #1,054 of 5,703
Nov 30, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #1,055 of 5,703
UAPP and Fiio app recognise my X45 Pro and send DSD files unaltered via USB.
So, UAPP needs to update the software so it can see the M17 DAC properly.

20211130_133534.jpg
20211130_133323.jpg

Nov 30, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #1,057 of 5,703
@FiiO
Since we have and option to alter the RGB brightness depending on temperature. Why not go a step further and implement it properly.
In the next firmware update, as well as getting rid of or, minimise the crackling noise on Amp/DAC initialisation, I would also like to see an option to set the RGB to change color as the temperature increases.
Blue for cool, then green, yellow, purple and, finally red when it is hot. It would give a better indication of how hot or cool the unit is running. So that we can ascertain when we need to put it on the cooling stand.

Nov 30, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #1,061 of 5,703
@FiiO
Since we have and option to alter the RGB brightness depending on temperature. Why not go a step further and implement it properly.
In the next firmware update, as well as getting rid of or, minimise the crackling noise on Amp/DAC initialisation, I would also like to see an option to set the RGB to change color as the temperature increases.
Blue for cool, then green, yellow, purple and, finally red when it is hot. It would give a better indication of how hot or cool the unit is running. So that we can ascertain when we need to put it on the cooling stand.
Thanks for the feedback. We will report to the engineer for assessing about that.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 30, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #1,062 of 5,703
how do i check this?

i guess 99% of us will have the same 3 apps on it:
  • qobuz
  • tidal
  • uapp
how to we know that qobuz bypass the src? because you modified the android OS in that way? and regardless of future updates of tidal or qobuz, both apps with ALWAYS bypass src?
can you try to see if the wavelet app will work and can be activated?

Dec 1, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #1,063 of 5,703
Hi guys.
So, here is a video demonstrating the popping noise the M17 does when the Amps come online. I have not heard an Amp powering up through the speakers or headphones since the 70's. @FiiO please fix it.
The pop is right at the beginning of the video.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #1,064 of 5,703
Hi guys.
So, here is a video demonstrating the popping noise the M17 does when the Amps come online. I have not heard an Amp powering up through the speakers or headphones since the 70's. @FiiO please fix it.
The pop is right at the beginning of the video.

Pretty common, it is transistors switching noises. If you crank your loud speaker to maximum and your M17 also to maximum, you hear it. Kinda fun to hear it that way

Dec 1, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #1,065 of 5,703
Pretty common, it is transistors switching noises. If you crank your loud speaker to maximum and your M17 also to maximum, you hear it. Kinda fun to hear it that way
I can hear it every time I power up an app and play the first track even at low volumes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back