[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
May 25, 2024 at 3:44 AM Post #5,701 of 5,706
Dear friend,

Yes, about that time, so it may still take some time for the engineer to improve.

Best regards
Thank you for replying @FiiO! I am looking forward to having global PEQ and Android 12 on the M17! 😃

I am excited you guys are going to make this happen!

May 28, 2024 at 9:21 PM Post #5,702 of 5,706
It looks like the M17 is only about $1280 on Fiio's Aliexpress store now...is the M17 still worth getting in 2024? It still seems like a solid step above the newer M15S, and even though the A&K Kann Ultra is about as powerful now, Fiio's got the edge on connectivity and (from the Aliexpress store) price. Plus I'd prefer the normal Android of the M17 to A&K's more walled-garden approach.

May 28, 2024 at 10:43 PM Post #5,703 of 5,706
It looks like the M17 is only about $1280 on Fiio's Aliexpress store now...is the M17 still worth getting in 2024? It still seems like a solid step above the newer M15S, and even though the A&K Kann Ultra is about as powerful now, Fiio's got the edge on connectivity and (from the Aliexpress store) price. Plus I'd prefer the normal Android of the M17 to A&K's more walled-garden approach.
Yes, and (somewhat) no.

I adore my FiiO M17, and consider it in the leagues of ultra-fi DAP's in terms of spec, features, and objective performance wise.
However, according to FiiO's own 2024 road map, a new M27 is incoming in Dec '24.

My advice is, if you wish to have the current M17 now, then consider purchasing from a retailer which offers trade-in, just in-case the new model (M27) is significantly superior to the current model (M17).

Even then, note that the current M17 still works perfectly fine, and remains competitive on hardware and decent software.
If the deal is affordable for M17, then it is worth it, but if you want to wait to see what the upgrade model will be like then that is ok too.

Jun 16, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #5,704 of 5,706
Hello all,

I'm having an issue where I seem to have lost hundreds of songs from the microSD card in my M17. All the folders are there but most of the folders are empty.

Anyone experience this before?

Jun 16, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #5,705 of 5,706
Hello all,

I'm having an issue where I seem to have lost hundreds of songs from the microSD card in my M17. All the folders are there but most of the folders are empty.

Anyone experience this before?
Yes, I had that recently, and 1st time with M17 for 2 years. Previously I was using iBasso different models and that was “typical” AndroidOS behaviour, I did not find how to deal with. I have Hiby RS8 and previously Hiby R8 and I never had that problem with them.

Jun 16, 2024 at 4:57 PM Post #5,706 of 5,706
Yes, I had that recently, and 1st time with M17 for 2 years. Previously I was using iBasso different models and that was “typical” AndroidOS behaviour, I did not find how to deal with. I have Hiby RS8 and previously Hiby R8 and I never had that problem with them.
Interesting, thanks for replying.

I'm going to have to think about how I deal with this...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back