[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Jun 1, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #4,006 of 5,690
Dear friend,

We have reported to the engineer for assessing about that. Thanks for the feedback.

Best regards
Ohhhhh yes yes pretty please. I really love my M17. I have to use the UAPP App for a better sound quality with Tidal (and Qobuz). The difference to the normal apps in sound quality is crazy. I really would love it to use the pure mode and the Fiio app❤️❤️❤️
Or if it is possible, to make a android sound bybass for all apps, like as the UAPP Player does it. Either way I would be very happy, if it would be possible.
Best wishes from germany

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2022 at 9:46 PM Post #4,007 of 5,690
Here I am AGAIN listening to my M17 -> Ultrasone Signature Pro and AGAIN it's impossible for me to pick my jaw up off the floor.

I know this is an M17 thread, but what did the people that moved on from the Sig Pro to the better closed headphones out there get? Perhaps it's just a synergistic thing with this pairing, but seriously... for dance music this is an unreal team.

Jun 2, 2022 at 2:15 AM Post #4,008 of 5,690
Here I am AGAIN listening to my M17 -> Ultrasone Signature Pro and AGAIN it's impossible for me to pick my jaw up off the floor.

I know this is an M17 thread, but what did the people that moved on from the Sig Pro to the better closed headphones out there get? Perhaps it's just a synergistic thing with this pairing, but seriously... for dance music this is an unreal team.
the normal tidal app from the android store does bypass it already, see here.

Jun 2, 2022 at 4:13 AM Post #4,009 of 5,690
Or if it is possible, to make a android sound bybass for all apps, like as the UAPP Player does it.
All current Android DAPs, including FiiO DAPs, do support by-passing and for applications it should not be an issue to make use of it. Qobuz definitely does not go through resampling. Some minority of applications assume that there is a resampling and resample themselves, and for that there is nothing the DAP manufacturers can do - Amazon music application was such a weird one, I am not sure what it does right now.

Jun 2, 2022 at 9:44 AM Post #4,010 of 5,690

It is an amazing pairing. I have better cans but for electronic music the ultrasone wins on the m17

Jun 2, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #4,011 of 5,690
All current Android DAPs, including FiiO DAPs, do support by-passing and for applications it should not be an issue to make use of it.
Somebody needs to tell Roon Labs this. :frowning2:

Jun 2, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #4,013 of 5,690
Do I really need to turn on the fan in DC mode, if I am using the unit in my basement where temperature varies between 14C (57F) to 18C (64F) ?
Nope, even with all to DSD function turned on.

Jun 2, 2022 at 9:03 PM Post #4,014 of 5,690
Do I really need to turn on the fan in DC mode, if I am using the unit in my basement where temperature varies between 14C (57F) to 18C (64F) ?
Yep, me too. Driving my HE-6, with volume around the 100-115 mark, set all-to-dsd, in similar ambient temps, my unit has never passed mild warmth. Others have posted different experiences, but for whatever reason in my usage of the 17 there hasn’t been a single instance where I’ve felt the need to use the fan.

Jun 3, 2022 at 12:39 AM Post #4,015 of 5,690
Yep, me too. Driving my HE-6, with volume around the 100-115 mark, set all-to-dsd, in similar ambient temps, my unit has never passed mild warmth. Others have posted different experiences, but for whatever reason in my usage of the 17 there hasn’t been a single instance where I’ve felt the need to use the fan.
Hmmm, mine after 2h over LCD2 CB 2021 ->4.4mm gets very warm, not hot but fan has to be working, dont want to damage batery with temperature even though is connected over DC in OEHP.

Jun 3, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #4,016 of 5,690
Hmmm, mine after 2h over LCD2 CB 2021 ->4.4mm gets very warm, not hot but fan has to be working, dont want to damage batery with temperature even though is connected over DC in OEHP.
Yes, it’s very odd how some experience very warm to hot, but the other night I was listening for around four hours straight and it never heated up beyond mild warmth. Have no idea why it’s so different for others.

Jun 3, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #4,017 of 5,690
Yes, it’s very odd how some experience very warm to hot, but the other night I was listening for around four hours straight and it never heated up beyond mild warmth. Have no idea why it’s so different for others.
Unless people start giving actual temp readings with some type of measuring device while noting ambient temp, I don't think anyone can conclusively say what's "warm" versus "hot". I worked in a restaurant in my younger days and still cook a lot now but my wife swears I still have asbestos covered hands because what she considers "scorching" by touch, I feel is "warm".

Jun 3, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #4,018 of 5,690
Mine gets pretty warm after a couple of hours on enhanced mode driving my 300Ω cans at 80% volume. I am not one to take risks with £1500 equipment so, I never use DC Enhanced mode without the fan. FiiO included the fan stand with the M17 for good reason otherwise, the fan stand would have been an optional accessory.
My advise is to be in the safe side and use the fan regardless.

Jun 3, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #4,019 of 5,690
Mine gets pretty warm after a couple of hours on enhanced mode driving my 300Ω cans at 80% volume. I am not one to take risks with £1500 equipment so, I never use DC Enhanced mode without the fan. FiiO included the fan stand with the M17 for good reason otherwise, the fan stand would have been an optional accessory.
My advise is to be in the safe side and use the fan regardless.
👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back