[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
May 1, 2022 at 9:03 AM Post #3,737 of 5,690
I own both and UAPP as a player for local music would be my third choice. 1st is Fiio 2nd would be Neutron and 3rd being UAPP.

right, having exactly same result after some hours of comparing and experimenting with various filter settings.

1st FIIO APP in Pure Music Mode - Filter Slow Roll off minimum or fast roll off minimum (fast roll off = little more spaciness/ treble a little bit more emphasised)
2nd Neutron - Filter slow roll off minimum
3rd FIIO App w/o pure music mode Filter Slow Roll off minimum
….
4th UAPP - Filter slow roll off minimum – I need to keep the wireless turned on for UAPPs continuous authorisations, whereas I can turn off the WLAN for the other Player, which is, according to my perception, also influencing/disturbing the pureness of the sound.

May 1, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #3,738 of 5,690
Interesting
I do prefer Neutron for local files
Specially for pcm (upsampling x8 in audiophile quality).
I hope fiio implements the posibility of 16x sampling
I think now is limited locally to 352k

Last edited:
May 1, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #3,739 of 5,690
@FiiO
Could you please look into whether battery life has been impacted negatively since your FiiO music app update several days ago?
My battery life is much, much worse- last night I charged to 85% (my chosen full charging amount) and today, exactly 12 hours later when going out, the battery level is 66%. That’s just sat asleep, I don’t shut down my 17 between using it.
I’ve had my 17 since launch and have never experienced battery level decreasing anywhere close to this rate.
In the meantime, is is possible to downgrade to the previous firmware for the FiiO music app?

Anybody else experiencing an impact on their battery level?

Last edited:
May 1, 2022 at 10:12 AM Post #3,740 of 5,690
@FiiO
Could you please look into whether battery life has been impacted negatively since your FiiO music app update several days ago?
My battery life is much, much worse- last night I charged to 85% (my chosen full charging amount) and today, exactly 12 hours later when going out, the battery level is 66%. That’s just sat asleep, I don’t shut down my 17 between using it.
In the last 30 minutes it has decreased a further 6%.
I’ve had my 17 since launch and have never experienced battery level decreasing anywhere close to this rate.
In the meantime, is is possible to downgrade to the previous firmware for the FiiO music app?

Anybody else experiencing an impact on their battery level?
Have you installed any other apps since the update?

May 1, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #3,741 of 5,690
Have you installed any other apps since the update?
Nope, I don’t have any other apps on my 17. I exclusively use the FiiO music app, from music off the sd card. Nothing has changed since before the update.
Maybe I’ll do a full discharge and recharge of the battery and see if anything changes.

May 3, 2022 at 2:31 AM Post #3,743 of 5,690
do my m17 has a problem?

latest firmware installed. i tried the DC option for the first time today.

when i connect the original DC and shift to DC mode (button right side) nothing happens. as i read here in this forum, i switch back to BAT, plugged DC and switched to DC. nothing happens. restarted it 2x, nothing changes.

any suggestions?

May 3, 2022 at 3:45 AM Post #3,744 of 5,690
do my m17 has a problem?

latest firmware installed. i tried the DC option for the first time today.

when i connect the original DC and shift to DC mode (button right side) nothing happens. as i read here in this forum, i switch back to BAT, plugged DC and switched to DC. nothing happens. restarted it 2x, nothing changes.

any suggestions?
Did you just do an update OTA? If so, I would recommend downloading the Full Firmware and do a manual update using that file.

I did OTA update first, and then I had a channel imbalance issue, did a full update and that issue got fixed.

May 3, 2022 at 5:59 AM Post #3,745 of 5,690
yes, i did an OTA update.

thanks, i will do the firmware update today again.

there are 2 versions:
incremental (40mb) vs full firmware (1,2gb)

i will do the full firmware update?!

May 3, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #3,747 of 5,690
May 3, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #3,748 of 5,690
Nope, I don’t have any other apps on my 17. I exclusively use the FiiO music app, from music off the sd card. Nothing has changed since before the update.
Maybe I’ll do a full discharge and recharge of the battery and see if anything changes.
@MaceHane2 Try clearing cache of the app.Just press over the app icon few seconds and select info.

@FiiO About the Fiio Music, When you are listening any music in third party app (like Tidal) and open Fiio Music, the music stops, is it possible change this for that this not happens?
Maybe you are opening Fiio Music to check something in your library but you don’t want that the music stops…
And another suggestion, is it possible that when you resume the music in any app, the volume changes gradually?
Thank you

May 3, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #3,750 of 5,690
Try to do factory reset in main settings menu.
just did it.... nothing changed :frowning2:. i see once a short electricity flashing on the DC connector but nothing happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back