[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Apr 28, 2022 at 7:41 AM Post #3,706 of 5,690
That's a good question. I bought the K9 because I loved the sound, quality and value of the M17 so much I bought the K9 Pro ESS to add to my desktop. I do wonder now how they will sound together.
Oh I see you haven't received them just yet. Well I would be curious to hear your thoughts.

Apr 28, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #3,707 of 5,690
6gb of ram as well. This is what I really wanted.
I'm sorry but I may have misunderstood something, but 6 Gb + 128 Gb memory is nothing special today.

Apr 28, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #3,709 of 5,690
Guessing your not much of a phone Power User. If you wanna run multiple apps at once, you'll need more memory than 4gb.
Correct. The less apps used the better the sound IMO.

Apr 28, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #3,710 of 5,690
I'm sorry but I may have misunderstood something, but 6 Gb + 128 Gb memory is nothing special today.
It depends, we are talking about a DAP, not a hardcore Samsung S22 Ultra Smartphone with the latest pioneering innovation inside that demands unlimited ram etc.

Apr 28, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #3,711 of 5,690
not ready yet but we are developing .
Cookie-Monster-Waiting.gif

Apr 28, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #3,712 of 5,690
Use DC mode if you want enhanced mode and DC power. If you set to Bat mode and only use DC as your power source, you will not get enhanced mode and power will be hybrid - system on battery and THX amp on DC power. Difference in sound is debatable, but using hybrid puts less stress on battery.

Personally, I leave my M17 on DC mode, 80% charge limit, and charging disabled while powered on. I only use DC power supply to both power and charge. This gives me enhanced mode when I need it and best battery longevity.
I was thinking a bit more about your reply and I am still a bit confused. Why ever move the switch from DC to Battery even if running on Battery. Is there a benefit to having it on Battery when not plugged into a power source and running 100% off the internal battery. This is where I am confused. Should I have it on DC or Battery in this scenario. Thanks.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #3,713 of 5,690
To me the vernacular has always been problematic. Both internal battery and external PS provide, DC. :wink:

Apr 28, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #3,714 of 5,690
To me the vernacular has always been problematic. Both internal battery and external PS provide, DC. :wink:
So in reality does that DC / Battery switch do anything when not connected to DC(meaning plugged into a wall socket)?

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 11:35 PM Post #3,715 of 5,690
1651202783195.png

The FiiO Music App V3.1.0 is coming with brand new functions! With support for MQA Core Decoder (1.99 USD), it allows you to enjoy your music the way it was meant to be heard. In addition, the new V3.1.0 supports built-in CUE, built-in lyrics, multimedia service WebDAV and so forth. Come and try it now!

Changes and improvements about the new V3.1.0 are as follows:
1. Added a new function of user account system;
2. Added support for MQA Core Decoder (There is no 'MQA subscription' option in the settings menu of the FiiO Music App if you are using the M17, M11 Plus, M15, M11 Pro and M11 since they support decoding MQA tracks already. Other devices should pay for subscription);
3. Added support for built-in lyrics;
4. Added support for built-in CUE;
5. Added support for multimedia service WebDAV;
6. Added a new function of displaying the name of the DAC and currently playing sampling rate under USB Audio mode;
7. Improved the function of volume control under USB Audio mode;
8. Improved the display effect on some UI pages;
9. Miscellaneous performance improvements and bug fixes.

Android FiiO Music app V3.1.0: Click here
FiiO Music app V3.1.0 for X series Android players (X7II, X7, X5III): Click here
FiiO Music app V3.1.0 for M series Android players (M17, M11 Plus, M15, M11 Pro, M11, M9, M7, M6): Click here

Note:
1. After subscribing to the MQA channel, please reset the database first, and then re-scan the music library to ensure normal MQA working.
2. Your FiiO account is shared across FiiO Music app and FiiO forum.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 29, 2022 at 3:42 AM Post #3,716 of 5,690
1651202783195.png

The FiiO Music App V3.1.0 is coming with brand new functions! With support for MQA Core Decoder (1.99 USD), it allows you to enjoy your music the way it was meant to be heard. In addition, the new V3.1.0 supports built-in CUE, built-in lyrics, multimedia service WebDAV and so forth. Come and try it now!

2. Added support for MQA Core Decoder (There is no 'MQA subscription' option in the settings menu of the FiiO Music App if you are using the M17, M11 Plus, M15, M11 Pro and M11 since they support decoding MQA tracks already. Other devices should pay for subscription);
6. Added a new function of displaying the name of the DAC and currently playing sampling rate under USB Audio mode;

FiiO Music app V3.1.0 for X series Android players (X7II, X7, X5III): Click here
FiiO Music app V3.1.0 for M series Android players (M17, M11 Plus, M15, M11 Pro, M11, M9, M7, M6): Click here

Note:
1. After subscribing to the MQA channel, please reset the database first, and then re-scan the music library to ensure normal MQA working.

It would be a really nice feature to include some DLNA receiver option with this player... as a potential desktop device with the DCinput and Desktop Stand, the DLNA receiver mode will be a perfect feature to drive from Foobar2000/Kodi available on our Worksatation/Notebook/Tablet.

Apr 29, 2022 at 4:33 AM Post #3,717 of 5,690
1651202783195.png

Note:
do i have to download it manually or will it be automatically available in the update center of the m17 itself?

Apr 29, 2022 at 5:08 AM Post #3,718 of 5,690
do i have to download it manually or will it be automatically available in the update center of the m17 itself?
Dear friend,

The software update prompt will show in FiiiO Music app when the M17 is connecting to the Wifi:
1651223174973.png

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 29, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #3,719 of 5,690
My unit today got totally freezed while playing Tidal :D did not respond to any phisical button, volume wheel or touch screen until I fully restarted system by pushing and holding power button for about 10 seconds, after that the screen started blinking and finally shutted down. After restart everything seems to be working normal. This was the first time when M17 got freeze while playing music. Anyone had the same experience?
I had few times in Tidal as well, only solution was turning off, no display blinking in my case. Hopefully sistem update will sort it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back