[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Mar 30, 2022 at 5:29 AM Post #3,421 of 5,701
Yes i can tell you will cave and give in to the temptation just like i did. You can get m17 on amazon and have 30 days to return with no restocking fee.
When I was buying had same idea in a head, Amazon return policy, but it wasnt necessary. When package arrived, I have even left work for 1hour to put it in a house, keep it safe. Gave it a quick listen before I returned and immediately knew its not going anywhere.

Mar 30, 2022 at 6:54 AM Post #3,422 of 5,701
My impressions on the Fiio M17

May I suggest a little more practice so that you can deliver the lines with consistent rhythm and fluidity. Other than that, it’s a nice well though out video :)

Mar 30, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #3,423 of 5,701
When I was buying had same idea in a head, Amazon return policy, but it wasnt necessary. When package arrived, I have even left work for 1hour to put it in a house, keep it safe. Gave it a quick listen before I returned and immediately knew its not going anywhere.
Yes. That's how business and great products should and used to work. They give you 30 days to try it because they know you will love it and don't want to return it.

I think other companies charge a huge restocking fee to discourse returns for products not as good as the m17

Mar 30, 2022 at 6:41 PM Post #3,424 of 5,701
May I suggest a little more practice so that you can deliver the lines with consistent rhythm and fluidity. Other than that, it’s a nice well though out video :)

Thank you for the constructive criticism. I am still getting used to being in front of the camera. Just sharing a few thoughts about the M17 before I let go of it.

Mar 31, 2022 at 5:38 AM Post #3,425 of 5,701
Thank you for the constructive criticism. I am still getting used to being in front of the camera. Just sharing a few thoughts about the M17 before I let go of it.
Thank you for taking it as it was meant. Some people can get triggered about these things.
You are most definitely nearly there and, I am sure, two or three more videos down the line, you will be confortable enough in front of the camera to nail it.
keep a it.

Mar 31, 2022 at 6:11 AM Post #3,426 of 5,701
Your delivery is fine, it's conversational, casual, and preferable to the hyper-editing style of reviews one finds in people like Joshua Valour where they can't seem to articulate a complete sentence without an edit.

I would only suggest you turn up the mic more.

Mar 31, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #3,427 of 5,701
A little Animals...)

20220329_123639-01.jpeg

Mar 31, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #3,428 of 5,701
So today I received the m17. What a nice beast :) To be honest, while it’s heavier and thicker than my former dx300 I must say I prefer the m17 form factor to the elongated smartphone like form of the dx300.

I just finished to set it up and had a quick 10 minutes listening. Warm and gentle sound, which I was not expecting reading the thread.

Now it will stay on the dock for the usual burn in for the next few days before any critical listening. The dc mode with the option to disable the battery charging is awesome since I can leave it there to burn in continuously without having to charge the battery or risking the battery capacity. And the fan will keep it cool.

I’m curious, which filter do most of the people like/use with the m17?

Mar 31, 2022 at 1:32 PM Post #3,429 of 5,701
So today I received the m17. What a nice beast :) To be honest, while it’s heavier and thicker than my former dx300 I must say I prefer the m17 form factor to the elongated smartphone like form of the dx300.

I just finished to set it up and had a quick 10 minutes listening. Warm and gentle sound, which I was not expecting reading the thread.

Now it will stay on the dock for the usual burn in for the next few days before any critical listening. The dc mode with the option to disable the battery charging is awesome since I can leave it there to burn in continuously without having to charge the battery or risking the battery capacity. And the fan will keep it cool.

Until the filters can be selected with the drop down menu, I am using hybrid.

Mar 31, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #3,430 of 5,701

I've always been a fan of minimum phase instead of linear. You can easily hear the different on a snare drum. This is a very specific test that only enhances the difference in sound. In a full recording with multiple instruments and volumes, it's hard to tell a difference. Here is a nice article on the differences:

https://www.audiomasterclass.com/bl...se-eq-on-transient-signals-such-as-snare-drum

I've also found that switch filters while music is playing takes a good 15 seconds or so to hear a difference. Don't know if that's due to buffering or when my hearing adjusts.

Apr 1, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #3,433 of 5,701
Hello I have a question for the manufacturer Is it possible to add vu = meter in the future It used to be in your software It cannot be added to fiio music It used to be in the x7 and it worked very smoothly Fans of the brand would be pleased if it was added greetings
vumeter.jpg

Apr 1, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #3,434 of 5,701
I am sure this has been covered in this thread before, has anyone compared the FiiO K9 Pro with the FiiO M17?
I am about to get a K9 Pro, but I find it strange than the portable option has more power output than the desktop product with a dedicated linear power supply. That doesn't make sense, but looking forward to seeing if it lives up to the hype.

Apr 1, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #3,435 of 5,701
Hello I have a question for the manufacturer Is it possible to add vu = meter in the future It used to be in your software It cannot be added to fiio music It used to be in the x7 and it worked very smoothly Fans of the brand would be pleased if it was added greetings
vumeter.jpg
The VU meter is available in the FiiO music app

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back