[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Mar 28, 2022 at 7:55 AM Post #3,391 of 5,703
Ouch...kind of Will Smith's slap :D
The man is an inspiration. That Oscar’s outburst was a brilliant “I don’t care where we are… do not cross lines you should stay way behind, or there will be consequences“ He’s gone from man, why are you making really bad movies? to my absolute hero!

Mar 28, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #3,393 of 5,703
The man is an inspiration. That Oscar’s outburst was a brilliant “I don’t care where we are… do not cross lines you should stay way behind, or there will be consequences“ He’s gone from man, why are you making really bad movies? to my absolute hero!
Consequences if it's a man a third of his size... I'm sure if it was the rock or a bigger man will would think twice.

Mar 28, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #3,394 of 5,703
Consequences if it's a man a third of his size... I'm sure if it was the rock or a bigger man will would think twice.
I was being sarcastic. WS is and always will be a narcissistic A-hole.
Chris restrain was admirable, I would of gone medieval on WS with both barrels!

Mar 28, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #3,395 of 5,703
David could not hear the M17 amps powering up and then powering off after 27 seconds of iddling. I wouldn’t trust him to hear a child on a pogo stick right beside him, much less the minute differences (if any) an iFi PU would make.
Sadly, there’s a lot of mythology going on in the audiophile community about power units and cables with amazing magical game changing powers. But, like yours, my experience when testing those claims has been one of disappointment… You’ll sooner find an unicorn!

Why not be consistent and connect your headphones directly to your mobile phone - it's just a myth that you can hear the difference between hifi devices if they are not defective ...You’ll sooner find an unicorn ones and zeros is the same bla bla!:musical_score:

Mar 28, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #3,396 of 5,703
Why not be consistent and connect your headphones directly to your mobile phone - it's just a myth that you can hear the difference between hifi devices if they are not defective ...You’ll sooner find an unicorn ones and zeros is the same bla bla!:musical_score:
I would if I could alas, my Sennheiser 820’s jacks don’t fiit into the USB-C of my Samsung. Now, I have always said that while using the same device, it is the headphones that makes the biggest difference. I have tried PU‘s cables and all the fauna out there sadly, I found no difference whatsoever. But oh boy, when I changed the original pads of my HD820”s to Dekoni’s ones, the difference was obvious right out of the bat.
IMHO cables PU’s and other magical stuff is nothing more than snake oil.
Change the headphone or, the distance between your eardrums and the headphone membrane, and things do change for sure.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #3,397 of 5,703
I would if I could alas, my Sennheiser 820’s jacks don’t fiit into the USB-C of my Samsung. Now, I have always said that while using the same device, it is the headphones that makes the biggest difference. I have tried PU‘s cables and all the fauna out there sadly, I found no difference whatsoever. But oh boy, when I changed the original pads of my HD820”s to Dekoni’s ones, the difference was obvious right out of the bat.
IMHO cables PU’s and other magical stuff is nothing more than snake oil.
Change the headphone or, the distance between your eardrums and the headphone membrane, and things do change for sure.
There is no need for magic if talking about different PSUs, which was the topic.

Mar 28, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #3,398 of 5,703
There is no need for magic if talking about different PSUs, which was the topic.
Ok so, here’s the thing.
Most metals are very good at transmitting electric signals.
Copper, silver and specially Gold are very good indeed.
Copper and Silver need an oxygen free environment to perform at their best. So, Gold is best In the sense that it does not tarnish or corrode when exposed to oxygen thus, keeping connections clean.
But, the impact in transmission quality that a little tarnishing has on Hi-Fi cables is inaudible and, only measurable with highly sensitive equipment so, the only time upgrading cables makes a difference is when testing highly sensitive equipment (which your eardrums aren’t).
With tarnishing and insulation hardening, depending on the environment, I would recommend changing cables every 5-10 years. But that’s about it.
Also, If you have an interference problem, upgrading to cables and/or power units with better shielding will help but, that’s not improving sound quality, it’s removing interference form the circuitry.
As for cable thicknesses, it plays a part in that the more wattage/voltage and distance you want to send signals through, the greater girth you need.

In my experience and for home Hi-FI installations, “upgrading” cables and/or PU’s from those provided by the manufacturer, makes no discerning difference whatever.
I have to listen to my music with my ears and so, I do not invest in something for which I can’t hear an improvement. You mileage may vary.

Now, we have stabilised our opinions on the matter, there’s no more discussion to be had, lets go back to the M17 thread topic please.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #3,400 of 5,703
M17 is a 👑 of a DAPs, that device is staying in my inventory for good.

Regarding cables, I did invest in them, 500/600 EUR, if nothing in sound difference there is that "brain" satisfaction while listening to that glorious DAP everything is just perfection.

Mar 28, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #3,401 of 5,703
The button of our player is strictly based on Android definition. However, third-party APP would make its own definition while using system buttons. So the button definition of system itself and third-party APP might be conflicted. We couldn't change the button definition of third party APP. Therefore, the play/pause or previous/next track button might not able to work perfectly when using third-party APP (These APPs might work fine on cellphones cause most of the cellphones only have volume button for adjustment and no next/previous track button).

Best regards
Thanks for the quick answer....but my Sony BT headphones with touch buttons are working great with 3rd party apps :wink:
It's the same - the app works with focus on it.....I always using DAP player the 3rd party apps in foreground and all apps are working fine with my sony BT headphones. There was never a problem, because there is a standard API for BT audio control section for example.....

Mar 28, 2022 at 11:16 PM Post #3,402 of 5,703
Any recommendations for micro sd cards? 512gb and above?

Mar 29, 2022 at 12:38 AM Post #3,403 of 5,703
Firmware notes:
  • The auto screen rotate is finally fixed with locked screen. Now everything auto rotates!
  • The battery charging disable feature definitely works. In DC mode, battery doesn't charge even when it is below my charge limit of 80%.
  • PowerAmp system wide EQ still works!
  • Apple Music downloaded music would not play properly - skipping and static. After full reboot plays back correctly.
Nice update overall!

Mar 29, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #3,404 of 5,703
Mar 29, 2022 at 2:57 AM Post #3,405 of 5,703
Any recommendations for micro sd cards? 512gb and above?
sandisk extreme pro - 170mb version (current one). highly recommended in many forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back