FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Jan 6, 2022 at 12:55 AM Post #3,826 of 4,083
I am surprised. I have never heard the M15 but I tested a lot of dongles and I never experienced a single one that sounded good.

Either your dongle sounds awesome or the M15 is not that good...
The L&P W2 sounds pretty dang good with my Anole VX and it's more convenient for my use with phone, tablet or laptop.

If I still had my two easier to drive headphones, I wouldnt be selling the M15 tho.

Jan 6, 2022 at 4:45 AM Post #3,827 of 4,083
The L&P W2 sounds pretty dang good with my Anole VX and it's more convenient for my use with phone, tablet or laptop.

If I still had my two easier to drive headphones, I wouldnt be selling the M15 tho.
Ah okay, i already tested that one but didn't really like the sound. It was better then most dongles, but far from any DAP I owned so far. I also tested the new one from FiiO but same disappointment.

But, of course, context is convinience. They are very small so they obviously have limitations but you buy them, because they are small, so I think an comparison isn't fair in the first place.

And for me, there is no bonus in convinience, so that might be a reason why I am judging them harder. When I'm outside, I normally just use the Bluetooth Receiver mode on my DAP via LDAC and control everything from my phone without any cables attached to it.

But iPhones don't support LDAC so we have different requirements in the first place

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2022 at 2:19 AM Post #3,828 of 4,083
Hello @FiiO

Seems my M15 has Dead pixels..... I bought in april 2020. What do you suggest ?

Knowing that I already tried the 3 following Steps without success:
1. you can try pressing power and volume at the same time
2. or you can try power again after running out of power
3. or you can try 5v2a plug

Thanks for your help.

Edit : as you can see, I am taking care about this M15 like my second baby

Dear friend,
We are so sorry for the inconvenience caused. But all of the display screens for our products have been strictly detected based on the industry standards. The selection of their raw materials also follows the industry standards. Therefore, our products being on the market have passed the quality evaluation tests.
At present, display screens are in short supply. We also have to face possibilities like price rising and stockout. Additionally, the using number of display screens in the player industry is relatively small. Therefore, it would be unequal and unreasonable to compare the display screen of the player industry with that of the mobile phone industry in terms of their definition, resolution, light leak, dark spot, light spot, etc.
And since you did not buy from the local seller, you could consider whether sending the M15 back to us for replacing the display. If you are capable to repair the display by yourself, we could send the better display for you instead.
We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 7, 2022 at 2:26 AM Post #3,829 of 4,083
Dear friend,
We are so sorry for the inconvenience caused. But all of the display screens for our products have been strictly detected based on the industry standards. The selection of their raw materials also follows the industry standards. Therefore, our products being on the market have passed the quality evaluation tests.
At present, display screens are in short supply. We also have to face possibilities like price rising and stockout. Additionally, the using number of display screens in the player industry is relatively small. Therefore, it would be unequal and unreasonable to compare the display screen of the player industry with that of the mobile phone industry in terms of their definition, resolution, light leak, dark spot, light spot, etc.
And since you did not buy from the local seller, you could consider whether sending the M15 back to us for replacing the display. If you are capable to repair the display by yourself, we could send the better display for you instead.
We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime!

Best regards
Hello Team,

I got answer by mail from your support Team that you are going to send me the screen.

It will avoid love M15 to travel.

Thanks for your support guys, appréciate :)

Jan 26, 2022 at 3:42 AM Post #3,830 of 4,083
Fiio what has gone wrong? I just got a notification to say there was a new version of the fiio music app. I downloaded it! now none of my play lists are working. It chooses other completely random songs to play. Same for most of the 100 most played. It just plays other songs when I choose one. I checked to see that device is can see my SD card as well as internal memory which it can! So as of now this has completely messed up my experience as I can’t chose the tracks and playlists I want to listen too! PLEASE HELP!

too add, all the tracks are there, if I select ‘check track info’ I can play the track from the album screen, but when I go back to the play list and select the track, it plays another track REALLY ANNOYING!

Edit *****Ok now my fault, but I stupidly tried to downgrade the app and have now lost all my playlists, liked songs, 100 most played etc etc. So currently I have no music in my library at all. I know I can rescan songs, but I don’t believe that will recover any else. Anything I can do?***

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2022 at 2:36 AM Post #3,831 of 4,083
Also and seperate to the above. Just added the Sony WF-1000XM4’s to my collection. But they are not very loud at all on the M15. On the iPhone they are way louder. Never had this issue with any other Bluetooth headphones! Any ideas?

**wow I really should be googling, sorted by going into developer mode **

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2022 at 9:36 AM Post #3,832 of 4,083
Also and seperate to the above. Just added the Sony WF-1000XM4’s to my collection. But they are not very loud at all on the M15. On the iPhone they are way louder. Never had this issue with any other Bluetooth headphones! Any ideas?

**wow I really should be googling, sorted by going into developer mode **
What did you change in developer mode?

Jan 29, 2022 at 3:41 AM Post #3,833 of 4,083
Fiio what has gone wrong? I just got a notification to say there was a new version of the fiio music app. I downloaded it! now none of my play lists are working. It chooses other completely random songs to play. Same for most of the 100 most played. It just plays other songs when I choose one. I checked to see that device is can see my SD card as well as internal memory which it can! So as of now this has completely messed up my experience as I can’t chose the tracks and playlists I want to listen too! PLEASE HELP!

too add, all the tracks are there, if I select ‘check track info’ I can play the track from the album screen, but when I go back to the play list and select the track, it plays another track REALLY ANNOYING!

Edit *****Ok now my fault, but I stupidly tried to downgrade the app and have now lost all my playlists, liked songs, 100 most played etc etc. So currently I have no music in my library at all. I know I can rescan songs, but I don’t believe that will recover any else. Anything I can do?***
Sorry to hear about that. Did you backup the internal playlist before updating or downgrading the app? If yes, you could put the playlist to internal storage-android-data-com.fio.music-files-playlist and import it again.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 29, 2022 at 7:01 AM Post #3,834 of 4,083
Jan 30, 2022 at 2:32 AM Post #3,836 of 4,083
Sorry to hear about that. Did you backup the internal playlist before updating or downgrading the app? If yes, you could put the playlist to internal storage-android-data-com.fio.music-files-playlist and import it again.

Best regards
Unfortunately not as I’ve never had this issue before! But not I have learnt the hard way! I will backup in the future!!

Feb 20, 2022 at 3:48 AM Post #3,837 of 4,083
Hi,

Has anyone used the m15 with CFA Solaris? This IEM is very sensitive, I have tried some DAPs and they all have hissing with it. Would like to know if the m15 will has similar problem.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #3,838 of 4,083
Hi,

Has anyone used the m15 with CFA Solaris? This IEM is very sensitive, I have tried some DAPs and they all have hissing with it. Would like to know if the m15 will have similar problem.
Hi, yes the m15 has minor hissing even on low gain (also similar with high gain which I prefer), but it is much lower hissing the using any other equipment (MacBook, IPhone, Chord Mojo). You can listen at very low volume and not hear anything. Only paying full attention when the music is on pause you can hear it for 5-10 second then there is a auto-mute of signal on the M15.

Feb 20, 2022 at 10:52 PM Post #3,839 of 4,083
Hi all. Just picked up a used M15 and I’m quite pleased. Really great w/ my Auteur, which is the first pairing I’ve tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back