FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Nov 16, 2021 at 3:53 AM Post #3,796 of 4,083
i got my fiio m15 in combination with the meze empyrean (silver cable, balanced 4.4mm). in order to experience the "maximum" in high fidelity, do you have any song recommendations that gives a particular impression of its performance?
If you have Tidal, there are some MQA albums that sound incredibly good.
For example Eleanor McEvoy the song "Where's the healing?" from her album "What's following me?".
Or the new album from Céu "Um Gosto de Sol".

Nov 16, 2021 at 4:03 AM Post #3,797 of 4,083
I have both Tidal and Qobuz, using the Fiio M15 via UAPP. I listen a lot in the area of RnB, Soul, (soft) Hip Hop, Blues, MTV Live / Unplugged things.

I started with them and of course it sounds great. But I thought there are some pieces that are just so amazing and drives the high fidelity to the max.

Nov 16, 2021 at 4:06 AM Post #3,798 of 4,083
If you have Tidal, there are some MQA albums that sound incredibly good.
For example Eleanor McEvoy the song "Where's the healing?" from her album "What's following me?".
Or the new album from Céu "Um Gosto de Sol".
Added to my "Testing" playlist :)

Nov 16, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #3,799 of 4,083
I have both Tidal and Qobuz, using the Fiio M15 via UAPP. I listen a lot in the area of RnB, Soul, (soft) Hip Hop, Blues, MTV Live / Unplugged things.

I started with them and of course it sounds great. But I thought there are some pieces that are just so amazing and drives the high fidelity to the max.
I recommend the "MY WEEKLY Q" on Qobuz. Based on your listening habits they put together a new list every Friday. A lot of the songs landed on my favourite list.

Try the "Soft landing" on the album "Air Hadouk" from the Hadouk trio. It beautifully exploits the strengths of the Empy - the slightly elevated bass and the sweet midrange.

Nov 17, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #3,800 of 4,083
I recommend the "MY WEEKLY Q" on Qobuz. Based on your listening habits they put together a new list every Friday. A lot of the songs landed on my favourite list.

Try the "Soft landing" on the album "Air Hadouk" from the Hadouk trio. It beautifully exploits the strengths of the Empy - the slightly elevated bass and the sweet midrange.
Thank you. I will check that Q weekly + I put your recommendation on my Testing Playlist :)

Nov 21, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #3,801 of 4,083
Haven't seen these addressed in thread (and searched), so forgive if it's a dupe

1) I'm aware we're on Android 7 for forseable future, and there haven't been any more updates in quite a while. Is there a specific hardware limitation that will prevent the M15 from ever having a newer version?

2) Anyone else subscribe to Neil Young Archives? On the M15, when playing back the hi-resolution files, I get lots of breakup as the wifi struggles to stream. Obviously with the DACs in the unit superior to my phone this would be idea, but as it stands its locked to CD streaming quality. I'm assuming this is a mix of older android and underbaked CPU/wifi implementation, but would be curious as to your thoughts.

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #3,802 of 4,083
Haven't seen these addressed in thread (and searched), so forgive if it's a dupe

1) I'm aware we're on Android 7 for forseable future, and there haven't been any more updates in quite a while. Is there a specific hardware limitation that will prevent the M15 from ever having a newer version?
I don't believe there is a specific "hardware" limitation but Samsung doesn't support this particular Exynos CPU beyond Android 7. So there are no drivers or other hardware support libraries for later Android versions.

Nov 22, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #3,803 of 4,083
Yeah, thats the big issue with SoC. Its not just a CPU, its a whole System on one Chip from one vendor. When Samsung stops support for the chip, the whole chip is useless and so the whole system.

Nov 22, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #3,805 of 4,083
Can the M15 function in USB dac mode using PC as a source and using LO to an external amp?

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #3,807 of 4,083
i have 2 questions to the current status of the m15

1) does the latest tidal app from the google play store finally bypass the android mixer and uses the amp from the m15 (like uapp)?

2) uapp on my smartphone and tablet and superfast in buffering and playing. however, it takes super long with the m15 even decreasing the buffer options to minimum. is this normal that a song change will take like 15-30 seconds and how can i change that? i think it is because of the slow / overloaded wifi module?

Nov 24, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #3,808 of 4,083
So, basically, that's the last of the updates, and we just hope that the apps continue to be supported?
Exactly. If the support for Android 7 is dropped from the app developers, they'll just stop working.

Without drivers it's impossible to upgrade the Android.

But playing local files will of course continue to work

Nov 24, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #3,809 of 4,083
Exactly. If the support for Android 7 is dropped from the app developers, they'll just stop working.

Without drivers it's impossible to upgrade the Android.

But playing local files will of course continue to work

Not impossible, but difficult and not something FiiO would try to do on their own. :sunglasses:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back