FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Feb 21, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #1,726 of 1,931
I can’t sign in to Apple Music on my M11 Pro. It just keeps returning me to the sign in page.

Is there a solution for this, @FiiO ?

Thanks.

Mar 11, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #1,730 of 1,931
Anyone using FH3 (LC-4.4B) with M11Pro (4.4mm balance out)? Sounds good?
I did it, in 2.5, when I had FH3 and It sounded good.
Pairing was good, with the FH3' impact and M11 Pro's quality.

Mar 14, 2021 at 1:05 AM Post #1,732 of 1,931
This has been covered, somewhat, previously but I just want to confirm. I want to use my M11Pro to feed a desktop balanced headphone amp.
Does the M11 Pro have balanced line out?
In other words, can I line out through the balanced 4.4 port using a 4.4 to dual 3-pinXLR cable to the desktop amp?
OR
Is line out only available single-ended, through the 3.5mm port?

I don't have the balanced amp with me yet to test this.
TIA

Mar 14, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #1,733 of 1,931
This has been covered, somewhat, previously but I just want to confirm. I want to use my M11Pro to feed a desktop balanced headphone amp.
Does the M11 Pro have balanced line out?
In other words, can I line out through the balanced 4.4 port using a 4.4 to dual 3-pinXLR cable to the desktop amp?
OR
Is line out only available single-ended, through the 3.5mm port?

I don't have the balanced amp with me yet to test this.
TIA
It works for me a 4.4 TRRS to dual 3 pin XLR into my Liquid Platinum.

Mar 14, 2021 at 3:45 AM Post #1,734 of 1,931
It works for me a 4.4 TRRS to dual 3 pin XLR into my Liquid Platinum.
That is the way I have been using mine, too. But that is double-amping, and I would like to avoid that. From what I see in the M11Pro specs, only the 3.5 single-ended output does line out.
The new Hiby R6 actually has two 4.4 ports, one a PO for headphones, the other LO to feed a balanced amplifier. The iBasso DX300 claims to have a hybrid 4.4 port for both PO and LO.
Seeing this made me wonder what my M11Pro does.

I don't fully understand the engineering here, yet, just a basic impression that LO is a somehow-better signal for an external amplifier, and the PO signal is double amping and that is somehow bad. . . .

Mar 14, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #1,735 of 1,931
That is the way I have been using mine, too. But that is double-amping, and I would like to avoid that. From what I see in the M11Pro specs, only the 3.5 single-ended output does line out.
The new Hiby R6 actually has two 4.4 ports, one a PO for headphones, the other LO to feed a balanced amplifier. The iBasso DX300 claims to have a hybrid 4.4 port for both PO and LO.
Seeing this made me wonder what my M11Pro does.

I don't fully understand the engineering here, yet, just a basic impression that LO is a somehow-better signal for an external amplifier, and the PO signal is double amping and that is somehow bad. . . .
Yes, go to Settings>Audio>Output selection and select LO. You'll then connect the DAC to the amp with a usb b male from the M11 Pro to whichever adapter is appropriate.

Mar 14, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #1,736 of 1,931
Yes, go to Settings>Audio>Output selection and select LO. You'll then connect the DAC to the amp with a usb b male from the M11 Pro to whichever adapter is appropriate.
Thanks, but I am talking about using the M11Pro as a source for an analogue desktop amplifier. This is the purpose of the line out function. (USB has no role here; the digital-analogue conversion is already done by the M11Pro).
I am just hoping that I am wrong that it only has single ended line out....

Mar 14, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #1,737 of 1,931
Thanks, but I am talking about using the M11Pro as a source for an analogue desktop amplifier. This is the purpose of the line out function. (USB has no role here; the digital-analogue conversion is already done by the M11Pro).
I am just hoping that I am wrong that it only has single ended line out....
Not sure how it actually makes any difference which output is used LO usually just sets a fixed output volume, I imagine it’s more for safety and legality.
Every dac or preamp outputs variable voltages / power if they have a volume control you are always double amping the signal in some way.

Mar 14, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #1,738 of 1,931
Not sure how it actually makes any difference which output is used LO usually just sets a fixed output volume, I imagine it’s more for safety and legality.
Every dac or preamp outputs variable voltages / power if they have a volume control you are always double amping the signal in some way.
I'm not sure that is true. The schematics for the New Hiby R6 clearly show that the LO signal does not pass through the final amplification. (FiiO's M11Pro schematic does not show the line out path.)
Also, FiiO's parameters for the M11Pro show 3 different sets of output specifications: one for balanced headphone 2.5/4.4, one for single-ended headphone 3.5, and a third for line out 3.5.

So I guess that answers my initial question, and my M11Pro doesn't do balanced line out.....

Mar 14, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #1,739 of 1,931
I'm not sure that is true. The schematics for the New Hiby R6 clearly show that the LO signal does not pass through the final amplification. (FiiO's M11Pro schematic does not show the line out path.)
Also, FiiO's parameters for the M11Pro show 3 different sets of output specifications: one for balanced headphone 2.5/4.4, one for single-ended headphone 3.5, and a third for line out 3.5.

So I guess that answers my initial question, and my M11Pro doesn't do balanced line out.....
Yes the M11 pro has no official balanced LO and I understand where you are coming from but that doesn’t change the fact even the m11 pro‘s LO has some amplification it is just a fixed set value of output, if you take the 11pro set it to LO and plug in your headphones to the 3.5mm LO your headphones will play at the set volume level and cannot be adjusted with the volume control which seems to be above 70 on the Volume setting in PO mode. That is why I think it doesn’t matter as long as you don’t have both settings jacked up it’s just voltage and current fixed or adjustable.

Mar 15, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #1,740 of 1,931
I just got a new M11 Pro and there is some sort of oval shape burn mark/ghost image can be seen on the screen when I first powered up the DAP. That's not a good sign and I found some people having the same issue in FB Fiio-philes club. That burn mark/ghost image is always there. Kindly of annoying. I am worried that the issue will be getting worse after some times. People are saying that it is caused by the internal battery sticking too close to the screen. If so, that could be an indication that the battery is going to fail soon...

Seller is checking with Fiio and at the same time, I was told that there is no more stock for replacement and suggested to change to other model or brand :frowning2:

Anyone having the same issue in this forum?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back