FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Aug 17, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #1,801 of 1,931
Anyone notice a difference between the 3.5 and 4.4/2.5 mm connections on the M11 Pro? Getting a Blessing 2 Dusk and wondering if I should get a replacement cable with a 4.4mm connection. B2 Dusk probably doesn’t need that extra power but maybe there is some benefit?

Aug 17, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #1,802 of 1,931
Sep 16, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #1,803 of 1,931
Picked up an M11 Pro earlier this year and love it! My main listening device previously was my Note 9 but with phones losing headphone jacks and me still using wired headphones and wired car connection i decided it was time up move up to a DAP. Having physical buttons and a physical volume wheel has been an absolute delight. I use them with my AKG earbuds that came with my note (which sound really quite good), my Sony MDR1AM2 and my ZMF Eikon - anyone who says the M11 Pro doesn't get loud enough is crazy - even with the 300 ohm ZMFs i rarely have the volume above 75 out of 120.
I got myself an Easecase A6 leather case from eBay - was a bit tight at first but fits great now.
20210806_111630.jpg

Oct 23, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #1,804 of 1,931
@FiiO @JamesFiiO

Is there any chance the M11, M11 Pro and M15 will ever get Apple Music compatibility? Please don't just give up. It makes no sense that every other streaming app works and only Apple Music has a problem. Have you tried working with Apple at all to resolve?

Oct 24, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #1,805 of 1,931
@FiiO @JamesFiiO

Is there any chance the M11, M11 Pro and M15 will ever get Apple Music compatibility? Please don't just give up. It makes no sense that every other streaming app works and only Apple Music has a problem. Have you tried working with Apple at all to resolve?
Dear friend,

Our engineers tried to check whether there are other ways with this problem many times. But since it is a problem with the Samsung platform, so it is out of our ability to solve it.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 25, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #1,806 of 1,931
Dear friend,

Our engineers tried to check whether there are other ways with this problem many times. But since it is a problem with the Samsung platform, so it is out of our ability to solve it.

Best regards
I am done with Fiio worst company when it comes to provide product support even a one-year-old product is never updated with software or functionality updates. Their focus is only to sell new products but you are losing customers who want their product to be updated with Android version and new functionality.
I am not going to waste any of my money on Fiio products.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2021 at 7:36 AM Post #1,807 of 1,931
Dear friend,

Best regards
@FiiO @JamesFiiO

I would think that Apple would like their app to work on as many devices as possible. What specific feature or function is unique to Apple Music that causes it to not to be able to log in? Again, every other streaming app works on these devices. Just saying it's Samsung's problem doesn't really explain things.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #1,808 of 1,931
I am done with Fiio worst company when it comes to provide product support even a one-year-old product is never updated with software or functionality updates. There focus is only to sell new product but you are losing customers who want their product to be updated with Android version and new functionality.
Not going to waste any of my money on Fiio products.
The Samsung CPU doesn't provide an upgrade path past Android 7, and Apple's Music App software probably requires newer library support and/or upgraded OS services to function. Samsung also stops OS upgrade support with phones and watches that use their processors, leaving models behind offering no OS upgrades.

It's not FiiO's fault that Samsung doesn't keep updating their processors OS support. :)

I've got an M15 that sings sweet but is also stuck at Android 7, disappointing yes, but I'm not blaming FiiO.

The new FiiO M11 Plus Ltd has the new Snapdragon 660 Mobile Platform CPU that supports Android 10 (11?), as does the new FiiO M17.:)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #1,809 of 1,931
The Samsung CPU doesn't provide an upgrade path past Android 7, and Apple's Music App software probably requires newer library support and/or upgraded OS services to function. Samsung also stops OS upgrade support with phones and watches that use their processors, leaving models behind offering no OS upgrades.

It's not FiiO's fault that Samsung doesn't keep updating their processors OS support. :)

I've got an M15 that sings sweet but is also stuck at Android 7, disappointing yes, but I'm not blaming FiiO.

The new M11 Plus Ltd has the new CPU and Android 10 (11?), as does the M17, upgrading hardware is part of the deal for keeping up with progress :)

Apple Music works just fine on Android 7 on my other DAPS, In fact, it works on Android 5 on my SR15. So it's not the Android version.

Please understand that my objective is to get Fiio to at least take another hard look and work with Apple to resolve.

I absolutely love my M11 Pro SS otherwise. It was purchased on August 3, 2020 direct from Fiio, so it's not that old.

I would agree that Fiio got burned by Samsung, especially when you consider that the Exynos 7872 is actually newer than the Snapdragon 660 in the M11 Plus.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #1,811 of 1,931
I have a Fiio M11PRO and have added files as usual on my Microsd card. These files do not appear on the M11 despite their presence on the card.
when I want to scan them they do not appear.
Anyone have a solution ?
Sounds like your card may have s*** the bed. I would try a known good card to make sure it's not a problem w/ the device. If it works with a good card, but still not with the card in question, try the card in a different device. If it still doesn't work in another device, try re-formating the card and putting music on it. If the card is shot, it probably won't even format. Good luck. Let us know what you figure out.

Nov 19, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #1,812 of 1,931
I have a Fiio M11PRO and have added files as usual on my Microsd card. These files do not appear on the M11 despite their presence on the card.
when I want to scan them they do not appear.
Anyone have a solution ?
I use the Hiby Music app on my M11Pro… much better user interface and EQ functionality. Every time I add music to the Micro SD card, I get Hiby Music to re-index the whole collection. It takes about 30 seconds to index 4000 tracks.

Nov 19, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #1,813 of 1,931

The new FiiO M11 Plus Ltd has the new Snapdragon 660 Mobile Platform CPU that supports Android 10 (11?), as does the new FiiO M17.:)
Android 7 on M11Pro… my only concern is that Tidal will stop supporting Android 7 like they did with my old Apple iPhone that worked great as a DAP/streamer. One day Tidal refused to start. I got a message from Tidal, and that was it. Bricked my old iPhone “DAP”.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #1,814 of 1,931
Android 7 on M11Pro… my only concern is that Tidal will stop supporting Android 7 like they did with my old Apple iPhone that worked great as a DAP/streamer. One day Tidal refused to start. I got a message from Tidal, and that was it. Bricked my old iPhone “DAP”.
My plan is to die before I can no longer use Amazon HD because of the lack of Android upgradability on the m11pro. Wish me luck! :expressionless:

Nov 20, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #1,815 of 1,931
@FiiO - the previous 6 posts are asking for various answers about ongoing support of the FiiO Android 7-based OS on their M11's, and asking for support of Apple Music on their M11 running Android 7, Can you please respond what the efforts will be to continue support of FiiO M11 Android 7 based DAPs and the streaming services App's running on them?

I assume it will be the same for the M15, so I am very interested in your help understanding what FiiO intends to do moving forward supporting FiiO's Android 7 OS and streaming software Applications on FiiO DAPs.

Do you?, can you? work with Apple to fix the problems with Apples Streaming music app on Android 7?

Guys, it occurs to me that Apple may have long ago stopped support of their App(s) on Android 7 on any device, as companies usually do move on to newer releases of OS's and have a decaying level of support that fades after 4-5 years. Apple can do anything they want though - software wise at least - and could help if they wanted to...
Hey, are there any Apple Music App developer team members out there using FiiO Android 7 based DAPs? :beerchug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back