FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Dec 11, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #1,606 of 1,931
And then there are those of us who got a perfectly working M11Pro. Those owners don't usually speak very loudly on threads like this.
I love my M11Pro. Works flawlessly. I get wonderful sound quality on my Elegia's and Shure SE525. I use the Hiby Music App and Tidal.

Dec 13, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #1,608 of 1,931
And then there are those of us who got a perfectly working M11Pro. Those owners don't usually speak very loudly on threads like this.

Correct...the silent majority. I've had mine since its release...never had an issue.

Dec 13, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #1,609 of 1,931
Mine works well, with the exception of skipping the first second when starting a new album or song that’s on a different album than the previous track, as I’ve previously mentioned.

It’s now routine/muscle memory for me to start a song and then immediately hit the back button to restart it from the actual beginning.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #1,610 of 1,931
Mine works well, with the exception of skipping the first second when starting a new album or song that’s on a different album than the previous track, as I’ve previously mentioned.

It’s now routine/muscle memory for me to start a song and then immediately hit the back button to restart it from the actual beginning.
I use the Hiby music app, and I do not hear any 1 sec skip With new song/album.

Dec 17, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #1,612 of 1,931
Pure Music Mode - New issue:
I don't use the FiiO Music app (I prefer the Hiby Music App & Tidal).

But I used the pull down menu to set "Pure Music Mode" on to see what happens. No noticeable difference to the sound quality, however it crippled the swipe functions. I was unable to swipe up. Swipe right would work intermittently. After a day of searching for an answer, rebooting etc. I accessed the pull down menu and switched "Pure Music" off.
All swipe functions returned to normal.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #1,613 of 1,931
Dear friend,

We will report your requirement to the engineer for check. And you could install the third party app for playing video via the M11PRO.

Best regards

Dear Fiio representative,

I just bought myself a Fiio M11 Pro and tried playing with the EQ. I noticed whenever the EQ is activated, the volume would be lower than the inactive state. How does the EQ work? It seems like a bug to me. Thank you.

Dec 17, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #1,614 of 1,931
Dear Fiio representative,

I just bought myself a Fiio M11 Pro and tried playing with the EQ. I noticed whenever the EQ is activated, the volume would be lower than the inactive state. How does the EQ work? It seems like a bug to me. Thank you.

I'm not Fiio, but this behavior is to prevent clipping when using digital (rather than analog) equalization. It's not Fiio specific.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020 at 9:41 PM Post #1,616 of 1,931
Thank you for the reply. I find this behavior a bit strange and misleading as by default the sliders are at "0 dB" and there is no volume matching with the activation. Hope they can improve this.

Understood. Think of bit depth as amplitude. Because the EQ is done digitally, high amplitude can already be using all of the 16/24/32 bits and trying to add more amplitude just results in digital clipping.

Dec 17, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #1,617 of 1,931
Understood. Think of bit depth as amplitude. Because the EQ is done digitally, high amplitude can already be using all of the 16/24/32 bits and trying to add more amplitude just results in digital clipping.

Thanks for the explanation. I am from Sony and I think they have done much better job with EQ and all those sound enhancements.

Dec 18, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #1,618 of 1,931
M11 Pro - Volume Control:

I am coming from A&K and now own the M11 Pro. Incredible sound, but I am finding one annoyance. The volume control. I find that I have to turn it A LOT in order to get the volume to go up or down. I know that when I start turning the volume control on the left side of the unit a vertical volume bar pops up on the right side of the screen, which if touched (and I have to get to it fast, if I am using the unit one-handed, since it will disappear fast) changes the volume. But that bar is kind of thin, and harder for me to move up and down.

Question: Is there any way to set the unit so that it no longer feels like I am in first gear and have to turn the wheel many times to get a change? To make it adjust the volume faster? Or if not, is there any third party app that will let me do that?

Dec 19, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #1,619 of 1,931
M11 Pro - Volume Control:

I am coming from A&K and now own the M11 Pro. Incredible sound, but I am finding one annoyance. The volume control. I find that I have to turn it A LOT in order to get the volume to go up or down. I know that when I start turning the volume control on the left side of the unit a vertical volume bar pops up on the right side of the screen, which if touched (and I have to get to it fast, if I am using the unit one-handed, since it will disappear fast) changes the volume. But that bar is kind of thin, and harder for me to move up and down.

Question: Is there any way to set the unit so that it no longer feels like I am in first gear and have to turn the wheel many times to get a change? To make it adjust the volume faster? Or if not, is there any third party app that will let me do that?
If you are already in high gain, not on the device itself. I am unaware of any software to accomplish only this, but different playback software might help. I have only used neutron and didn't notice a huge difference in the sensitivity of the volume control.

Dec 19, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #1,620 of 1,931
If you are already in high gain, not on the device itself. I am unaware of any software to accomplish only this, but different playback software might help. I have only used neutron and didn't notice a huge difference in the sensitivity of the volume control.
Thanks.
I am already in Hi Gain mode. I am curious why it would make a difference to the sensitivity of the volume control wheel which gain mode I'm in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back