Fiio M11 Pro $600 is coming - Will you Purchase it ?
Jan 26, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #797 of 839
Hey guys,

sorry, not a numbers man, but from what I can tell the output power of the M11pro is slightly more powerful than the X7 MK II with an AM3A, particularly in balanced mode. Have I got that the right way around? I have a pair of the HD800s’s with a balanced 2.5mm cable, quite happy with X7 driving them, so I assume the M11 pro could handle them? I also read there is more power out of the 4.4 output, so perhaps a 2.5 to 4.4 adapter would improve them further?

Jan 27, 2020 at 3:21 AM Post #798 of 839
Hey guys,

sorry, not a numbers man, but from what I can tell the output power of the M11pro is slightly more powerful than the X7 MK II with an AM3A, particularly in balanced mode. Have I got that the right way around? I have a pair of the HD800s’s with a balanced 2.5mm cable, quite happy with X7 driving them, so I assume the M11 pro could handle them? I also read there is more power out of the 4.4 output, so perhaps a 2.5 to 4.4 adapter would improve them further?

M11pro has 550mw on 4.4mm and 2.5mm

Am3a has 400mw on 2.5mm

Jan 27, 2020 at 3:28 AM Post #799 of 839
I got the M11 Pro like 3 weeks ago. Im using the Campfire Andromeda S and got a 4,4 mm cable for them today. Im sad to report that i can hear a quiet prominent hiss after playing music.
It was less apparent with the 3.5 mm cable. Is there anything i can do to decrease the hiss or is that just the way 4.4 mm ports work? Its my first balanced connection.

The single-ended output should have more than enough power for the Andromeda, and will have less outout impedence. (SE is 1.1 output impedence versus the balanced 2.4)

You won't benefit from balanced with an all balanced Armature iems.

Or does the balanced have less noise floor than the single-ended?

Edit: SE is 118, and balanced is also 119. So no major hiss benefits for going balanced.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #800 of 839
My local store just got the M15, so time to make a call between the M11 PRO or M15. Think the HD800s’s would like the M15 the FH7’s would like the balanced M11 Pro. Was pretty happy with the balanced out of the AM3A with X7 MK II. Does the M15 result in a jump even close to its double the cost? Decisions decisions. Such a 1st world problem.

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:39 AM Post #801 of 839
Just thinking, if I wanted to get the Nura app (for nuraphones) on an M11 Pro, would I need to try and get hold of the APK? Not an Android man and my X7 MKII has google play so it was not an issue!!

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:42 AM Post #802 of 839
Just thinking, if I wanted to get the Nura app (for nuraphones) on an M11 Pro, would I need to try and get hold of the APK? Not an Android man and my X7 MKII has google play so it was not an issue!!

The Nura app is available on APKPure, and installs fine on the M11 Pro. You can simply use Chrome on the M11Pro to go to apkpure.com and download the apk from there .. I personally started by downloading and installing the apkpure app first. That way it also monitors your installed apps for future updates, similar to what google play does.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #803 of 839
The Nura app is available on APKPure, and installs fine on the M11 Pro. You can simply use Chrome on the M11Pro to go to apkpure.com and download the apk from there .. I personally started by downloading and installing the apkpure app first. That way it also monitors your installed apps for future updates, similar to what google play does.
Awesome, thanks for info!

Jan 29, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #804 of 839
I just got my M11 Pro (first DAP) last week and I am very happy with the sound and the overall build quality and interface of the DAP. The only issue I had with it was it came out of the box with a rectangular screen burn-in on the screen that was always noticeable. It was long and rectangle with curved corners directly centered in the screen. I noticed that there was a post on these forums with someone with the same issue so I knew it was not just me. The store I bought it from got me a replacement which I picked up yesterday and I thought at first it did not have the burn in anymore because the Fiio load screen would show it right away on the first one. The new one you cannot see any burn in rectangle on the blue boot screen at all. I started using the player for a few hours and then at one point on the chrome browser if you close all tabs and get a dark grey screen I noticed a very faint hint of the rectangle. Very hard to see but it is there. You generally do not notice it when using the player with all apps compared to the first one I had.

Is it possible to remove this faint burn-in? I do not want to ask the store I got it from for a replacement again as I think this may still be on the next one. Considering it is the exact same rectangle in the exact same spot makes me wonder if this burns in at the factory during the software install. maybe there is a rectangle image that stays on the screen during software install?

With the first one, I emailed Fiio about it and it has been 3 weeks since the email with no response. Kind of makes me worried about warranty if this is how there customer service response is like. this is my first Fiio product and while I so far love it, I have bad taste in my mouth about the burn in issue. considering this is $900 CDN it should not have this kind of issue out of the box.

Jan 29, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #805 of 839
Re: display issue
hi, i have the same problem. i searched the forum and didnt seem to find this issue at all. i also exchanged for a second unit. the second unit seemed better but i can still see it, when tilting the screen and with certain colours. maybe i am trying too hard to see the burn in image, hope some other users can check their unit . i uploaded a photo. sorry if photo is large.
20200124_174947.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #806 of 839
Last edited:
Jan 29, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #807 of 839
Your photo is exactly like my first one. The second one is only noticeable very faintly on plain backgrounds of certain colours.

Here is the post in the M11 forums with the same issue.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...fi-two-way-ldac.902622/page-498#post-15408323

I am hoping @FiiO @WianFiiO will see this as well and give us an answer on what to do. I will email them again but they never responded to my last email about the first one.

I just read a review on soundnews.net and in one of the photos it clearly shows the rectangle image burned into the screen. Here is the link to the photo. https://soundnews.net/uploads/_DSF9505.jpg

Jan 29, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #808 of 839
thanks for the info and links, strange that there has been only a couple of complaints. i'm sure it is more pervasive, just depends how hard you look. the soundnews review doesnt even mention this at all. i previously owned a M11 (not pro) and didnt notice this issue. at the retail shop i also checked the demo M11 Pro stainless steel, also seems to be no problem.

Fiio has been on lunar new year holidays and this is further extended because of the corona virus. so lets wait until everyone settles in.
if you get any update on this please post on this forum.

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #809 of 839
I figured the new year is why they have not responded.

Then only other thing I noticed on my second unit is before a song plays when I click on it I get a very light tick noise before the song starts. I do not remember this with the first one. Also the volume wheel makes loud clicks when I turn it. The first ones wheel was very quiet.

How are these issues on yours?

Jan 30, 2020 at 1:01 AM Post #810 of 839
i dont have any such issues. i mainly use streaming on spotify and tidal and it is quiet with no noise. only issue i have so far apart from the display is airplay not working perfectly with my mac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back