Fiio M11 Pro $600 is coming - Will you Purchase it ?
Jan 30, 2020 at 3:37 AM Post #811 of 839
I suggest conducting an experiment. For those who have a rectangle on the screen, remove the protective glass, maybe it somehow does not fit snugly on the screen. But these are just my assumptions. Spare safety glass can be buy on AliExpress

Jan 30, 2020 at 8:19 AM Post #812 of 839
I do not have any noise when it is playing the music. I just have a very gentle light tick noise before the first song I play starts. Then it is quiet with no issues.The volume wheel works fine but has a mechanical cliking noise when you turn it. I did not notice that on my first one.

Feb 13, 2020 at 1:16 AM Post #813 of 839
Re: display issue
hi, i have the same problem. i searched the forum and didnt seem to find this issue at all. i also exchanged for a second unit. the second unit seemed better but i can still see it, when tilting the screen and with certain colours. maybe i am trying too hard to see the burn in image, hope some other users can check their unit . i uploaded a photo. sorry if photo is large.
20200124_174947.jpg

I also have this issue - brand one day old m11 pro. It's an image retention issue - perhas during assembly they leave the screen turned on with something in the middle, or could be heat related. You can download a screen burn fix app - it has to be one for lcd specifically, I ran it displaying a white image for few hours completely covering the full screen and at lowest light intensity, and behold the rectangle ghost is less noticeable now... Still there though, so I'm going to give it few more hours but if it doesn't get better I might return it... but concerning that new screens after return seem to still have the issue, so not quite sure what to do.. certainly annoying for a high cost device like this :frowning2:

Feb 13, 2020 at 1:23 AM Post #814 of 839
I also have this issue - brand one day old m11 pro. It's an image retention issue - perhas during assembly they leave the screen turned on with something in the middle, or could be heat related. You can download a screen burn fix app - it has to be one for lcd specifically, I ran it displaying a white image for few hours completely covering the full screen and at lowest light intensity, and behold the rectangle ghost is less noticeable now... Still there though, so I'm going to give it few more hours but if it doesn't get better I might return it... but concerning that new screens after return seem to still have the issue, so not quite sure what to do.. certainly annoying for a high cost device like this :frowning2:

If it anything like my old LG V phones before the shift to Oled screens. Their old lcd screens had annoying screen retention from heat; though it could go away. But it always came back too.

Feb 19, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #815 of 839
Today i drove a bit to find a fiio shop in germany and tested the m11 pro to decide between it and a ipod touch with a dragonfly cobalt as portable setup. I kinda hoped i like the m11 pro more because i'm not that big of an apple fan but the ipod/dfc combination sounds better to me, is easier to use because of newer os and is much lighter. What amazed me about the fiio was how fast it is though. You could almost use it as your smartphone if it had a simcard. Amazon music hd works too if you load it with apkpure and it works up to the full 192 khz.

Feb 29, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #816 of 839
Not sure if it was posted here, I've used search but didn't find that, but probably it can be useful. On the Russian 4PDA forum was posted a firmware patch, enabling Google Play Store.

Please note, I didn't try that, and I don't recommend doing that, as it can be potentially dangerous. I've seen a few comments about successful installation, but I didn't try myself. Also, it's probably will fail your warranty and cause some potential issues. But I just translate a manual from this thread, as many people asked about it https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=954707

It's pretty simple
1. Download the firmware patch: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nd7HLLraD8U4oaSU3tohxIW3q0nQJRgF and put it to the SD card
2. Boot to recovery (turn player off, then start it with power+next track button)
3. Do the data/cache wipe (warning, you'll lose everything in player's memory and revert it to factory settings)
4. Install FW patch, reboot
5. After bootup, Play Store can be laggy for a few minutes until it downloads updates
6. You will need to certify your device, using the instruction provided here: https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/
7. If something went wrong, you can rollback via recovery, using FiiO's standard firmware

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #817 of 839
Not sure if it was posted here, I've used search but didn't find that, but probably it can be useful. On the Russian 4PDA forum was posted a firmware patch, enabling Google Play Store.

Please note, I didn't try that, and I don't recommend doing that, as it can be potentially dangerous. I've seen a few comments about successful installation, but I didn't try myself. Also, it's probably will fail your warranty and cause some potential issues. But I just translate a manual from this thread, as many people asked about it https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=954707

It's pretty simple
1. Download the firmware patch: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nd7HLLraD8U4oaSU3tohxIW3q0nQJRgF and put it to the SD card
2. Boot to recovery (turn player off, then start it with power+next track button)
3. Do the data/cache wipe (warning, you'll lose everything in player's memory and revert it to factory settings)
4. Install FW patch, reboot
5. After bootup, Play Store can be laggy for a few minutes until it downloads updates
6. You will need to certify your device, using the instruction provided here: https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/
7. If something went wrong, you can rollback via recovery, using FiiO's standard firmware

Awesome, Thanks Cleg and for the google downloads too :)

Mar 2, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #818 of 839
this may seem "out there" but how does this compare to the Sony wm1a? I was thinking of pulling the trigger on one, but seeing as it came out in 2017, maybe the fiio m11 pro may be close to the sound with the dual AK4497 and THX? if anyone has both let me know.

Mar 15, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #819 of 839
Today i drove a bit to find a fiio shop in germany and tested the m11 pro to decide between it and a ipod touch with a dragonfly cobalt as portable setup. I kinda hoped i like the m11 pro more because i'm not that big of an apple fan but the ipod/dfc combination sounds better to me, is easier to use because of newer os and is much lighter. What amazed me about the fiio was how fast it is though. You could almost use it as your smartphone if it had a simcard. Amazon music hd works too if you load it with apkpure and it works up to the full 192 khz.
very interesting...I use an iPhone + DFC as my portable rig, very similar to you. I am strongly considering a DAP - perhaps the iBasso DX220, or the FiiO M11 Pro, etc. So you preferred the Cobalt? Any additional color you can provide? Thank you

Mar 17, 2020 at 12:43 AM Post #820 of 839
Hello

I've just bought an M11 Pro at my dealer, a few hours before the Corona shutdown in my country (Switzerland). My X5 II is finally on the way back to me after scroll-wheel repair, but it's uncertain how long it will take. I'm new to touchscreens (no smartphone so far) and have slight troubles with the operation in this respect, but there are two main problems in other fields:

How can I insert a microSD card? The so-called card slot on the right side is hermetically closed by a small plastic shield, and I have no idea how to remove or open it. The new 1000 GB card is currently still loading, though. The other problem are the equalizer presets. According to the manual they are all adjustable, but I can't find out how. As soon as I try to move one frequency-band slider with one of the presets, the EQ switches back to the User EQ. Could it have to do with the fact that there's no music playing?

I'm thankful for some help from one of the pros here.

Mar 17, 2020 at 1:52 AM Post #821 of 839
Hello

I've just bought an M11 Pro at my dealer, a few hours before the Corona shutdown in my country (Switzerland). My X5 II is finally on the way back to me after scroll-wheel repair, but it's uncertain how long it will take. I'm new to touchscreens (no smartphone so far) and have slight troubles with the operation in this respect, but there are two main problems in other fields:

How can I insert a microSD card? The so-called card slot on the right side is hermetically closed by a small plastic shield, and I have no idea how to remove or open it. The new 1000 GB card is currently still loading, though. The other problem are the equalizer presets. According to the manual they are all adjustable, but I can't find out how. As soon as I try to move one frequency-band slider with one of the presets, the EQ switches back to the User EQ. Could it have to do with the fact that there's no music playing?

I'm thankful for some help from one of the pros here.

to open the SD card slot, use the pin tool included in the box, you put the pin into the hole and push down and the sd card tray pops right out

Mar 17, 2020 at 8:15 AM Post #822 of 839
Thanks, I found the tool and managed to open the slot. It's strange that it's nowhere mentioned in the manual or the quick start guide (just the pin tool as part of the package, but not what it's meant for).

But how do I insert a card? Well, I finally found out how to fit the card into the frame, so apparently one has to take extreme care not to lose the pin tool...

It's a bad start with this new player. Any ideas about the equalizer issue?

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #824 of 839
Equalizer presets cannot be changed. I advise you to try the equalizer in the Neutron player.
So the manual is wrong? Why then is there a «Reset» function for every preset?

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #825 of 839
So the manual is wrong? Why then is there a «Reset» function for every preset?
The reset button is active only in relation to the user equalizer, it is not hidden, so you can see it on the preset equalizer presets. The bottom line is that the reset function is only active with respect to the user equalizer. Preset presets cannot be changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back