Fiio M11 Pro $600 is coming - Will you Purchase it ?
Jan 9, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #782 of 839
I am seriously considering the M 11 Pro.
I currently own Cayin N5iiS DAP. How does M11 perform against Cayin N5iiS?

Jan 10, 2020 at 2:25 AM Post #783 of 839
Question to owners: couldn't find it that quickly (also not on YouTube), but are you enable to open streaming services (Spotify/Tidal) within Pure Music Mode? Like you can with the AK's (CT10/SR15). Forget tot test this earlier. So that you do not have to turn of the music mode to open 3rd party streaming apps...

EDIT: I think I already found this on fiio.com. Sadly not possible.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #784 of 839
So for the first week or so my M11pro got really warm, not what I would call hot. Compared to a phone it was hot though so it might frighten people not aware this is a different piece of kit.

But with every recharge of the battery it lessened and now 3 weeks in it doesn't get warmer than ambient temps by much at all even after running as a usb dac all day.

Shame they didn't have patience to audition it for 30 days before jumping the gun on a return. I think a lot of people on this forum suffer from FOMO and have the wallets to back it up, bad combo.

Hi all,
I auditioned Fiio M11 pro and like sound quality of it comparing to my Cayin N5iiS. Hence, I got Fiio M11 pro yesterday. The unit gets warm while charging and playing music. It takes about 2 hours to charge this unit using usb quick charge. I am using 4.4 mm balanced cable for Shure se846 earphones.
I have the following concerns,
1. After charging M11 pro to 100%, I played music in M11 pro continuously using pure music mode, high gain, short delay sharp roll off filter and all to DSD enabled. Wifi and bluetooth were disabled. I used shure se 846 with 4.4 mm balanced cable. The battery was drained in exactly 5 hours (I used stopwatch to monitor this). According to Fiio website, the battery life is upto 9.5 hours. Why did battery completely drain out in 5 hours? What could I do in order to have battery life for about 8 to 9 hours?
2. The unit gets warm while charging and also playing music. Would this heating issue eventually reduce after few weeks? Should I be concerned about this?
I hope that anyone here would give some insight on the above issues.
Thank you.

Jan 12, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #785 of 839
Hi all,
I auditioned Fiio M11 pro and like sound quality of it comparing to my Cayin N5iiS. Hence, I got Fiio M11 pro yesterday. The unit gets warm while charging and playing music. It takes about 2 hours to charge this unit using usb quick charge. I am using 4.4 mm balanced cable for Shure se846 earphones.
I have the following concerns,
1. After charging M11 pro to 100%, I played music in M11 pro continuously using pure music mode, high gain, short delay sharp roll off filter and all to DSD enabled. Wifi and bluetooth were disabled. I used shure se 846 with 4.4 mm balanced cable. The battery was drained in exactly 5 hours (I used stopwatch to monitor this). According to Fiio website, the battery life is upto 9.5 hours. Why did battery completely drain out in 5 hours? What could I do in order to have battery life for about 8 to 9 hours?
2. The unit gets warm while charging and also playing music. Would this heating issue eventually reduce after few weeks? Should I be concerned about this?
I hope that anyone here would give some insight on the above issues.
Thank you.
Uuuuu , Try not using it on high gain. Dude its a 846.

Jan 13, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #788 of 839
I got the M11 Pro like 3 weeks ago. Im using the Campfire Andromeda S and got a 4,4 mm cable for them today. Im sad to report that i can hear a quiet prominent hiss after playing music.
It was less apparent with the 3.5 mm cable. Is there anything i can do to decrease the hiss or is that just the way 4.4 mm ports work? Its my first balanced connection.

Jan 13, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #789 of 839
I got the M11 Pro like 3 weeks ago. Im using the Campfire Andromeda S and got a 4,4 mm cable for them today. Im sad to report that i can hear a quiet prominent hiss after playing music.
It was less apparent with the 3.5 mm cable. Is there anything i can do to decrease the hiss or is that just the way 4.4 mm ports work? Its my first balanced connection.

a specific aftermarket cable (link on my signiture) helped me on my Andromeda non-S version to have darker background, tho i still hear the amp going off after playing a playlist or song

Jan 13, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #790 of 839

It's due to the very high sensitivity of the Andromeda. And apparently high noise floor of the M11 Pro (which I am not aware is a thing yet). If you need a black background with 4.4mm go with the Ibasso DX160.

Jan 16, 2020 at 5:35 AM Post #792 of 839

Users who are viewing this thread

Back