Fiio M11 Pro $600 is coming - Will you Purchase it ?
Mar 17, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #826 of 839
That sounds plausible, but contradicts my experience: After pressing the reset button multiple times (just out of curiosity) on some of the presets, the user EQ was left intact nonetheless.

From the manual:

3) Reset EQ: Tap the reset button at the upper right corner to reset the present EQ preset to its genre default.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #827 of 839
That sounds plausible, but contradicts my experience: After pressing the reset button multiple times (just out of curiosity) on some of the presets, the user EQ was left intact nonetheless.
In truth, I don’t know what is the matter. Perhaps Fiio planned to implement the ability to change the preset equalizer presets, but then something went wrong according to their plan, and they changed their mind:smile:. This is a question for them. In fact, the equalizer presets cannot be changed. I don’t use the equalizer at all, but even if I wanted to, the equalizer in the Fiio Music player is not very suitable for this. Changes to presets in the Fiio Music equalizer are felt only on IEM with a dynamic driver, on hybrid IEM changes are practically not felt. If you listen to music using the equalizer, then I would choose the Neutron player, the features of the equalizer are very well implemented in this player. Neutron has 25 predefined presets for different genres of music, which, by the way, can be changed! Up to 30 equalizer bands are also available for your own fine-tuning of sound. If I chose a player with an equalizer, I would choose Neutron. It all sounds like a Neutron ad, but this player is really good!:relaxed::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #828 of 839
Thanks for the advice! And the Neutron player has to be bought extra, right? It isn't present on the player by default?

Sorry for the questions, I'm still not familiar with it, as I'm still absorbed by filling the card. Since I edit all my music, there are different versions of each song and in different formats, it's not just a matter of drag and drop once...

Actually I do find FiiO's equalizers (in the X3 II and the X5 II) quite usable, and the one in the M11 (Pro) has even double the adjustment range (+/- 12 db instead of just six), so it would have been a good thing for my demands. BTW, all of my IEMs – dynamic or hybrid – react extremely positive to equalizing. I couldn't live without it.

I already PMed the FiiO representative in this matter and hope it will chime in soon.

Mar 17, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #829 of 839
Thanks for the advice! And the Neutron player has to be bought extra, right? It isn't present on the player by default?
Neutron is a standalone application, it can be installed from the Play Market or downloaded from the official Neutron website.https://neutronmp.com/
For M11Pro version ARM 64 is suitable

I advise you to try the streaming service Tidal. Tidal, this is a huge amount of music in high quality. You can find almost any music in Tidal and it will sound great! After installing Tidal, I give him more preference, I practically do not listen to music on the memory card!)

Mar 20, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #830 of 839
very interesting...I use an iPhone + DFC as my portable rig, very similar to you. I am strongly considering a DAP - perhaps the iBasso DX220, or the FiiO M11 Pro, etc. So you preferred the Cobalt? Any additional color you can provide? Thank you
At the moment i'm deciding between a lg g8x and the normal fiio M11 for portable setup and i heard all of your listed equipment so i can try to give you my impressions. Have to say though that lately i'm putting portability and comfort to use way above sound quality thats why i dumped a few things which sounded great but just didn't get any usetime because i don't like the hassle with it.

The Fiio M11 Pro sounded to me like a typical midrange DAC. Had a big soundstage and performed well but wasn't worth 699 bucks for me. In direct comparison to the DFC as well as the Chord Mojo it sounded more grainy and i wouldn't say it's worth to get it if you already have one of those dacs. Unless you like the fact of having an extra device to carry with you besides your smartphone which is only for your music. Which i personally dislike. I like it the other way around just having one device.

The DX220 had an extreme battery drain and was very laggy with third party apps. Didn't took me 2 hours to put it back in the box and return it. To be fair it was a refurbished one so maybe that was the issue for the battery.

The normal M11 has a way smaller soundstage than most DACs i've heard which i personally like in all day use. I don't like myself be lost in the music while commuting or participating in traffic. It sounds very clean and easy to listen that's why i like it. For 499 it's the best package for me and the UI is fluid and battery is insane. Only problem i have is again having an extra device with me which weights around 2 smartphones and the experience on a smartphone with bigger screen, mobile data to directly stream is still nicer for me.

Dragon Fly Cobalt sounds very good on IOS devices especially on the Ipad which sounds better than on IPhone or IPod. The soundstage is sometimes too much for me for daily portable use though. I like the M11's smaller headroom more for portable use because it's easier to listen to but i know that is uncommon and only my personal taste.

Now today i received the LG G8x with it's "hifi quad dac". Sadly the Fiio M11 which i have in direct comparison sounds far superior. The LG still sounds better than a normal smartphone though and maybe i'll still use it as my main portable device since it's just the best mix of comfort, speed, UI and sound and i can pair it with my dragonfly.

If you're used to carry offline music or extra devices with you you may like a DAP. I'm somewhat reliant on Internet and Apps like Amazon Music and never owned CDs in my life (I'm 22) so a DAP always means more struggle for me than a smartphone.

The setup you have with IPhone + DFC is in terms of sound in the upper corner, in terms of portability and comfort one of the best and in terms of price performance ratio also insane. So i'd stick with that.

I did all tests with Amazon Music HD which is between 48 - 192 khz and rather sensitive IEMs. So i can't give my opinion on hearing extreme good audio files like dsd and i didn't test the devices on power hungry headphones if that's what you look for.

Mar 23, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #831 of 839
I don’t use the equalizer at all, but even if I wanted to, the equalizer in the Fiio Music player is not very suitable for this. Changes to presets in the Fiio Music equalizer are felt only on IEM with a dynamic driver, on hybrid IEM changes are practically not felt.
Now I know what you mean: Although my experience with the player is limited to the Atlas so far (given the single usable equalizer), thus an IEM with a dynamic fullrange driver, I must say that the promised +/- 12 dB can't be true. It rather sounds like +/- 3 dB, the effect is that small. This compared to the X3 II's equalizer with its nominal +/- 6 dB. For the Atlas, I have to set the three low-frequency bands to -12 dB to passably equalize the bass excess, whereas with the X3 II the settings are -1.8 dB (31 Hz), -4 dB (62 Hz) and -6 dB (125 Hz).

It seems like the Neutron player is mandatory. I was trying to buy it via Microsoft store, where even opening an account (and another one) was a steeplechase. After the successful purchase I couldn't download the player – so I had to revoke it, with the help of the helpline. The explanation from the kind lady: it's because I use Windows 7 on my computer, while the Neutron player is meant for Windows 10 (!). That's indeed how the system requirements are described on the Microsoft store – although the player is listed under «apps for mobile devices». So getting the Neutron player is still a work in progress in my case.

The Fiio M11 Pro sounded to me like a typical midrange DAC. Had a big soundstage and performed well but wasn't worth 699 bucks for me. In direct comparison to the DFC as well as the Chord Mojo it sounded more grainy and i wouldn't say it's worth to get it if you already have one of those dacs.
That's strange – my impression is exactly the opposite: In comparison to the M11 Pro the Mojo has a slight tendency to graininess, whereas the M11 Pro sounds overly sleek and smooth – and spectacularly spacious. The omnipresent sleekness (reminding of some added reverberation) makes it relatively hard to discriminate between close and distant instruments, though.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2020 at 6:12 AM Post #832 of 839
It seems like the Neutron player is mandatory. I was trying to buy it via Microsoft store, where even opening an account (and another one) was a steeplechase. After the successful purchase I couldn't download the player – so I had to revoke it, with the help of the helpline. The explanation from the kind lady: it's because I use Windows 7 on my computer, while the Neutron player is meant for Windows 10 (!). That's indeed how the system requirements are described on the Microsoft store – although the player is listed under «apps for mobile devices». So getting the Neutron player is still a work in progress in my case.
Why did you install Neutron on Windows? You need to install Neutron on your m11pro portable music device. To install Neutron on M11Pro, you need to install the beta version of the firmware for M11Pro at the link: fiio-file.fiio.net/M11Pro-ota-20200314.zip it has a Play Market. In Play Market, you need to find the Neutron app and install it after making a purchase. You can install the beta firmware or wait for the official version of the firmware that Fiio will release at the end of this month, it will also have Play Market. This is the easiest way to buy a Neutron player.

Mar 24, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #833 of 839
Hey, I didn't install the Neutron player on my Windows computer, I was just trying to download it via Microsoft strore – linked on the Neutron website – using my (Windows 7) computer. And the helpline lady had a crude conception about why the download failed.

Jun 29, 2021 at 7:19 AM Post #835 of 839
My M11 Pro stops music app when it is connected to Sennheiser Momentum iebt. However M11 plays music when it is connected to wired earphones through 3.5 mm socket/2.5 mm balanced out.
Could anyone tell me how to fix Bluetooth issues of M11 pro?

Jun 29, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #836 of 839
My M11 Pro stops music app when it is connected to Sennheiser Momentum iebt. However M11 plays music when it is connected to wired earphones through 3.5 mm socket/2.5 mm balanced out.
Could anyone tell me how to fix Bluetooth issues of M11 pro?

Get the Fiio m11 Plus - it fixes these problems

I think it’s Android 7 thing

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #839 of 839
When I connect Fiio m11 pro with Fiio Q7 via the LDAC codec, it shows me the sampling frequency is only 44 kHz. Can you tell me if you get more than 44 when connecting to a device via LDAC?
Samsung note 9 + Fiio Q7 phone shows 96 kHz in the same song via LDAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back