[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jan 10, 2020 at 5:24 AM Post #7,456 of 9,288
I just purchased a brand new Fiio M11 in France and when I got it today, I couldn't help but notice a strange screen artifact on my unit. The screen has a rectangular oblong zone where it's a bit brighter on the inside than it's on the outside.
Here's a picture showing this problem

@FiiO @WianFiiO is this a screen defect? You can see the rectangle in the white and grey area that is noticeably brighter and has a definite shape that makes it very apparent in a grey background
It's a bit surprising that this particular screen passed QC while the unit looks and feels solidly built.
I've emailed FiiO support and the retailer in France where I bought it. Hopefully I can get a replacement unit with a good screen
Dear user,

Sorry about that. Yes please contact your seller about that first. If the seller fails to help, please contact us again with the receipt attached.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 11, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #7,463 of 9,288
I've noticed a few odd things with the M11:

1. Sometimes when I plug my headphones in music starts playing without me inputting anything.

2. Sometimes when in browsing online while music is playing from HiBy Music, for example, the music will stop playing without any of my input.

Has anyone encountered these issues?

Jan 11, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #7,465 of 9,288
Thank you. Have you compared this streaming service to Amazon.
I haven't tried the Amazon service yet, though I may. The original amazon app for FiiO had a bug, people in this conference tell me that it's been fixed so there are no impediment to trying Amazon now.

I have used Tidal for several months. Tidal is by far the more polished app and service, though it is not without problems.
The Qobuz app is far less polished. There is no "radio" mode that I can find (to string together tunes based on genre and musical preferences and find me new tunes to listen to automatically).
The app is sluggish compared to Tidal, I start to wonder if it's because Tidal has more favorable geographically located servers than Qobuz.

That aside, Qobuz is now cheaper, and I was looking for more classical and jazz and tired of Tidal always putting up rap crap in my home screen that I have no interest in.
Unfortunately I'm not sure Qobuz has more selection in classical like I'd read about in reviews and hoped, but I need to give it more time, I've only been using it for a couple of weeks.

Anyway, free trials all around, try 'em and see what you like. From a FiiO M11 audio perspective, my aging ears can't tell the difference between the Qobuz HiRes offerings (e.g. 24 bit 96 KHz flac) vs the tidal MQA (which the M11 can't take true advantage of). They both sound _great_ on the M11.

Jan 11, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #7,466 of 9,288
I want my M11 to be my go-to device for all my music. It's where I store my local library for somewhat unsatisfactory play with the FiiO app, and where I listen to the service-du-jour (currently Qobuz, recently Tidal).

Tidal was ... passable ... but not great, for its "radio" mode where I could start with some track/album and it would keep playing similar songs from the genre or era.
Qobuz has no such capability at all, and its search tools is weak (way too broad, and often doesn't find what I'm looking for even with that broadness).

I though about trying something like Roon (which I have not used, and so may be confused about) to use its radio mode heuristics with Qobuz, but the requirement of a Roon "core" running on some PC in my house is a dealbreaker. The M11 is my go-to device, that last thing I want is to be tethered to a PC or laptop. Perhaps if Roon had some kind of "cloud core" service that would work, but they don't (that I can tell). There's also apparently some restrictions or suboptimal stuff about playing hi res music on the M11 with the Roon client.

Can any M11 owners suggest other "radio" mode solutions that would work with Qobuz (in particular) *on my M11*, and possibly my local library? The FiiO app also doesn't have any radio mode support of course, but I can work around that with the FiiO app by tagging my music with the genres and stuff I want to group by.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #7,467 of 9,288
I’ve received my new m11 pro, and I’m already disappointed… I’m using Qobuz, and some playlists are made of Hi-res and Cd quality songs. when starting the App, CD quality songs will play well, but if I play hi-res then back to CD quality, and awful noise comes from left ear. I’ve tried with different headsets (balanced 2.5).

Is this a known issue ? If it is, I will return this DAP, though it looks so nice !

For wants to try, play in a Qobuz playlist:
1 Apocalypse Cigarettes After Sex CD quality
2 Kazy Lambist Away hi-res quality
3 Apocalypse Cigarettes After Sex CD quality (Turn down the volume, it hurts!)

Thanks for your highlights on this.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 11:23 PM Post #7,469 of 9,288
I’ve received my new m11 pro, and I’m already disappointed… I’m using Qobuz, and some playlists are made of Hi-res and Cd quality songs. when starting the App, CD quality songs will play well, but if I play hi-res then back to CD quality, and awful noise comes from left ear. I’ve tried with different headsets (balanced 2.5).

Is this a known issue ? If it is, I will return this DAP, though it looks so nice !

For wants to try, play in a Qobuz playlist:
1 Apocalypse Cigarettes After Sex CD quality
2 Kazy Lambist Away hi-res quality
3 Apocalypse Cigarettes After Sex CD quality (Turn down the volume, it hurts!)

Thanks for your highlights on this.

I had a problem with an older version of Qobuz that I installed (for the first time, from the M11 applications folder), where once in a rare while I'd get a strong static sound that almost completely obliterated the music.
I haven't had the problem since I updated to a newer version of Qobuz. No idea if that's the same thing you heard. For me it wasn't a particular track that caused it, more like the app just got into some ... state. Restarting the app wasn't enough to clear the state though, I had to reboot the M11 then I could play the track.

Anyway, see if there's an update for your version of Qobuz, perhaps that will help.

Jan 12, 2020 at 8:30 AM Post #7,470 of 9,288
I've noticed a few odd things with the M11:

1. Sometimes when I plug my headphones in music starts playing without me inputting anything.

2. Sometimes when in browsing online while music is playing from HiBy Music, for example, the music will stop playing without any of my input.

Has anyone encountered these issues?

Check settings in the player. There is one to resume / stop on insertion of headphones plus there may be a reason for the browser stop.

I don’t believe you have an issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back