Fiio M11 Pro $600 is coming - Will you Purchase it ?
Nov 19, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #691 of 839
Of the three you tried (Cayin N6ii, Ibasso DX220, M11 Pro), which one did you like most in sound quality? and if possible in what order would you put them?
There is no winner for me. I like all 3, depending upon IEM/headphone and sometimes mood.

Generalities:
M11 Pro is on the warm side of neutral, has a bit less detail retrieval and clarity than the other two, less depth and dimensionality, sounds very organic.
DX220 is the most neutral and smooth, with an expansive soundstage and the most detail.
N6ii/A01 is very vivid with nearly the same details as DX220. Big soundstage but less defined.
N6ii/T01 is less vivid vs A01 with a more clearly delineated soundstage, and overall more even-handed response.

N6ii A01 and DX220 are the most picky with pairing (for different reasons), but sound fantastic when synergy is good.

Nov 19, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #692 of 839
There is no winner for me. I like all 3, depending upon IEM/headphone and sometimes mood.

Generalities:
M11 Pro is on the warm side of neutral, has a bit less detail retrieval and clarity than the other two, less depth and dimensionality, sounds very organic.
DX220 is the most neutral and smooth, with an expansive soundstage and the most detail.
N6ii/A01 is very vivid with nearly the same details as DX220. Big soundstage but less defined.
N6ii/T01 is less vivid vs A01 with a more clearly delineated soundstage, and overall more even-handed response.

N6ii A01 and DX220 are the most picky with pairing (for different reasons), but sound fantastic when synergy is good.
N6II next module will be the best one.

Nov 19, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #693 of 839
Sorry Bro but I am waiting the one after the next................. hopefully they will give it a nice girls name....................

Have you tried the Ibasso DX160 yet and if so what do you think?

Nov 19, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #694 of 839
Sorry Bro but I am waiting the one after the next................. hopefully they will give it a nice girls name....................

Have you tried the Ibasso DX160 yet and if so what do you think?
Soundwise you think the dx160 will sound better than the dx220 ? Colorfly U8 sounded better.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #695 of 839
I am waiting for that, also!

Can't wait to see if it's ESS/Nutube or just ESS/Discrete single-ended SS.

I believe you have said the N8 has the best SE SS amp. I tried one recently and agree. It was great.

Nov 19, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #696 of 839
I am waiting for that, also!

Can't wait to see if it's ESS/Nutube or just ESS/Discrete single-ended SS.

I believe you have said the N8 has the best SE SS amp. I tried one recently and agree. It was great.
Yes it is and its tube is equally nice. I use its SE more. With certain recordings tube does the trick.

Nov 19, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #697 of 839
Nov 19, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #698 of 839
Soundwise you think the dx160 will sound better than the dx220 ?
I hope so but I will never know because I will never buy the DX220 unless it comes with the module that comes after the next module they release.

For now I only have the DX160 with the go faster stripes..................

Nov 19, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #699 of 839
I hope so but I will never know because I will never buy the DX220 unless it comes with the module that comes after the next module they release.

For now I only have the DX160 with the go faster stripes..................
Haha, that's a problem for N6ii, also. Maybe moreso. :)

Nov 19, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #701 of 839
Nov 19, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #704 of 839
It is incredible that you did not like the amp8 ... it is supposed that there should be a difference with the amp1, sorry I do not want to derail the thread ...
Soundwise its good , but there are better. It has battery life issues , slow UI .

Nov 19, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #705 of 839
Sounds interesting!
I have read on R6 pro topic that audio streaming through bluetooth was not possible even if it as bi-directional bluetooth,whereas Fiio DAP can. (Only Hiby link which allows user to control the DAP has been set on)
> Are you able to test it on an Android smartphone ?

So could you confirm that if I using youtube by example on my smartphone, I will be able to listen its content on the R6 pro by bluetooth pairing between the DAP and the smartphone?
> So using the smartphone as source and R6pro as bluetooth audio receiver.

As you had the M11 in the past, is the sound is lot of colder than your R6 pro?
Regarding the sound stage which one is the larger?
Here's a photo of my R6 Pro in Bluetooth receiver mode, with the codec and bitrate in full view, playing music from UAPP on my phone. It can also pair in LDAC.

20191119_222758.jpg

I'd say the M11 is more neutral and slightly colder/thinner sounding than the R6 Pro, but it really depends on the headphone or IEM. If you use a warm IEM it's not going to suddenly go cold in the M11. Same for soundstage. All of these qualities are first and foremost determined by the headphone, the dap can at best enhance or reduce the effect ever so slightly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back