Fiio M11 Pro $600 is coming - Will you Purchase it ?
Oct 22, 2019 at 1:29 AM Post #542 of 839
Let’s face it, every DAP is going to have ‘issues’. For some it’s as simple as price (too expensive), for others it’s battery, UI, software support, Wi-Fi, BT, input and output options, EM interference... you name it, one or other DAP has it. Up to each of us to decide which combination of pros and cons we can best live with, for the price we can afford, and the sound that most appeals.

Agreed most daps will have something we don't like and just depends on our needs, I'm old school only play from files so most issues that others seem to pick up on like streaming never effect me. Battery life, ui, build and audio quality are most important to me, cant speak for the m11 pro (yet) but I think fiio have nailed it on the m11 which is obviously a similar dap to the pro it's easily the best overall dap they have made and I have owned x7 ,x7ii, I also feel it as an overall deal is a better option than any of the competitors which brings me in to the Amazon comments, Amazon is littered with fake reviews good and bad and if a product is that good competitors can an will trash it , buy return leave genuine purchase bad comment, now I'm not saying this is the case just don't believe everything you read especially reviews, I also want to say that equally not all reviews are fake some on here are genuinely good guys with no agenda, read reviews and use user comments as a guide in conjunction.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #543 of 839
3hrs+ trying out the M11 pro so far...

Details are there.

I still like the DX220 with Amp8 a little more. I’ll give it much more playing time.

1st thing that came to my mind versus old M11 is the pro having more pronounced low end bass and treble has better details.

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #544 of 839
Apkpure and sideloading in general is very easy. FiiO is even better than A&K in this regard (A&K don’t support Plex on any of their DAPs so they’re useless to me). However...if you need any apps that are only available or depend on Google Play, FiiO is a no-go. I’ve just started using UAPP, for example, and now wouldn’t want to use another DAP without it.

No I don’t use FiiO Link because it’s only available via Wi-Fi for iPhone (very limiting on FiiO’s part). I also don’t get the point of controlling one mobile device with another mobile device. The whole point of a DAP (to me) is to untether from the phone.

Can you try the FiiO Link function for 30 seconds for me and report if it works fludily or not? Thank you.
Hey everyone,

Just purchased the m11 pro (impulse buy from a enthusiastic and just learning audiophile). I have two questions.

1. Any firmware updates I should be downloading?
2. Any ideas/links on how to get Tidal and Spotify on this bad boy?
3. Anyone foresee any issues with using this puppy with the Focal Elegia. (they are the closed back that I have settled on).

Thanks, and excited to jam out to some tunes.

I have Elegia too, really curious of how it sounds with M11 Pro. Can you listen to the pairing and report the sound impressions ?Thanks !!

Oct 22, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #549 of 839
This statement from Fiio on its official website has me worried, has anyone reported the same problems? Should I be worry?...:triportsad:
I attach the link and screenshots:

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO/...NVmSNRhCfxRIAdA7kK0sWg_OVygihVD4NTA&__tn__=-R
This statement from Fiio on its official website has me worried, has anyone reported the same problems? Should I be worry?...:triportsad:
I attach the link and screenshots:

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO/...NVmSNRhCfxRIAdA7kK0sWg_OVygihVD4NTA&__tn__=-R
I can't agree more with the Bluetooth, many ask for 5.0 when it doesn't do much in regards to audio itself, and most people will be using wired headphones with these anyway. Battery life is kind of a shame though. I may switch to a FiiO DAP in the future as they've been really popular as of recently, but as a Sony user getting used to the short battery life may prove to be difficult

Oct 22, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #550 of 839
Awesome. Thanks for the help.
Can you try the FiiO Link function for 30 seconds for me and report if it works fludily or not? Thank you.

I have Elegia too, really curious of how it sounds with M11 Pro. Can you listen to the pairing and report the sound impressions ?Thanks !!

I wish I could. I haven't bought the Elegia's yet. I am trying to understand this whole balanced vs. not balanced cable. (so many conflicting reports).

Oct 22, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #551 of 839
I just think there is a fundamental problem with DAPs running any form of Android and then using steaming apps (especially when it comes to importing into Microsd cards). I’ve had Pioneer XDP100 and xdp300, Onkyo dpx1, hiby R6, Cayin n5ii, Fiio m11, fiio m11 Pro and now A&K KANN Cube. Problems with all of them. Android is just unadulterated rubbish. Absolutely no problems with Tidal and Qobuz apps on iOS.

That’s why I prefer devices without android ...

Oct 22, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #554 of 839
There are options .. cayin , cowon , Questyle .. even Ibasso has its mango os on some
Cowon and Questyle doesn't offer streaming, or am I missing something?

Ibasso on Mango, can't stream.

Cayin N6ii, android based too.

Oct 22, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #555 of 839
Cowon and Questyle doesn't offer streaming, or am I missing something?

Ibasso on Mango, can't stream.

Cayin N6ii, android based too.
N6ii yes .. n8 not :wink:

no streaming.. if I wanna stream .. I connect it to my pc and use it as usb dac .
Lag and bug free user experience is worth it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back