Fiio M11 Pro $600 is coming - Will you Purchase it ?
Oct 21, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #526 of 839
Let’s face it, every DAP is going to have ‘issues’. For some it’s as simple as price (too expensive), for others it’s battery, UI, software support, Wi-Fi, BT, input and output options, EM interference... you name it, one or other DAP has it. Up to each of us to decide which combination of pros and cons we can best live with, for the price we can afford, and the sound that most appeals.

I have high hopes from the M15 (Pro). If FiiO continues on the same route of improvent from M7 to M9 to M11, M15 can be a near perfect device. I believe in Fiio.

Oct 21, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #527 of 839
I just think there is a fundamental problem with DAPs running any form of Android and then using steaming apps (especially when it comes to importing into Microsd cards). I’ve had Pioneer XDP100 and xdp300, Onkyo dpx1, hiby R6, Cayin n5ii, Fiio m11, fiio m11 Pro and now A&K KANN Cube. Problems with all of them. Android is just unadulterated rubbish. Absolutely no problems with Tidal and Qobuz apps on iOS.
Haven’t had a single issue with Tidal on any device so far (FiiO M11, R6 Pro, iPhone). Don’t have Qobuz so can’t comment. I don’t think Android is the limiting factor, rather the choice of hardware and the ability of (mainly Chinese) companies to configure the hardware for a niche and very demanding market using Android. BTW they HAVE to use Android to enable features like Tidal offline. That’s Tidal’s rule, not theirs. And Apple won’t license iOS.

Oct 21, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #528 of 839
I have high hopes from the M15 (Pro). If FiiO continues on the same route of improvent from M7 to M9 to M11, M15 can be a near perfect device. I believe in Fiio.
I have no issues with FIiO. Some quirks, like their BT implementation and no Play support, is just what you have to live with when you buy FiiO. If you can’t, don’t buy. But then don’t complain that you’re not getting what you want when you know in advance it’s not going to happen.

Oct 21, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #529 of 839
I have no issues with FIiO. Some quirks, like their BT implementation and no Play support, is just what you have to live with when you buy FiiO. If you can’t, don’t buy. But then don’t complain that you’re not getting what you want when you know in advance it’s not going to happen.

No Google Play is fine, actually APK Pure is simplier and better.

Do you use the "Controlling playback of the Fiio music app of the DAP from a smartphone" function. How fluid it is? Does it lag or disconnect?

Oct 21, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #530 of 839
No Google Play is fine, actually APK Pure is simplier and better.

Do you use the "Controlling playback of the Fiio music app of the DAP from a smartphone" function. How fluid it is? Does it lag or disconnect?
Apkpure and sideloading in general is very easy. FiiO is even better than A&K in this regard (A&K don’t support Plex on any of their DAPs so they’re useless to me). However...if you need any apps that are only available or depend on Google Play, FiiO is a no-go. I’ve just started using UAPP, for example, and now wouldn’t want to use another DAP without it.

No I don’t use FiiO Link because it’s only available via Wi-Fi for iPhone (very limiting on FiiO’s part). I also don’t get the point of controlling one mobile device with another mobile device. The whole point of a DAP (to me) is to untether from the phone.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #531 of 839
Haven’t had a single issue with Tidal on any device so far (FiiO M11, R6 Pro, iPhone). Don’t have Qobuz so can’t comment. I don’t think Android is the limiting factor, rather the choice of hardware and the ability of (mainly Chinese) companies to configure the hardware for a niche and very demanding market using Android. BTW they HAVE to use Android to enable features like Tidal offline. That’s Tidal’s rule, not theirs. And Apple won’t license iOS.
Absolutely no problem with either Tidal or Qobuz offline mode in iOS. The common denominator of doom is Android. Dragonfly Cobalt with iPhone 11 is quite good but can’t match the sound I get out of the Kann Cube. Yes it’s a shame DAP makers can’t license iOS. But that doesn’t excuse Android being quite shockingly appalling, or making it so difficult for DAP manufacturers (not just Chinese by the way) to implement it reliably in a DAP.

Oct 21, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #532 of 839
Hey everyone,

Just purchased the m11 pro (impulse buy from a enthusiastic and just learning audiophile). I have two questions.

1. Any firmware updates I should be downloading?
2. Any ideas/links on how to get Tidal and Spotify on this bad boy?
3. Anyone foresee any issues with using this puppy with the Focal Elegia. (they are the closed back that I have settled on).

Thanks, and excited to jam out to some tunes.

Oct 21, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #533 of 839
Hey everyone,

Just purchased the m11 pro (impulse buy from a enthusiastic and just learning audiophile). I have two questions.

1. Any firmware updates I should be downloading?
2. Any ideas/links on how to get Tidal and Spotify on this bad boy?
3. Anyone foresee any issues with using this puppy with the Focal Elegia. (they are the closed back that I have settled on).

Thanks, and excited to jam out to some tunes.

Smooth move.

No firmware update yet, hopefully that will come soon and include hardware MQA certification for Tidal Master Quality Audio.

There's a built-in FiiO "app store" that lets you install Tidal in 1 click, no tricks required.

Make sure you get a 4.4mm balanced cable for your Focal cans and you're groovy (for power delivery reasons, SQ too). My Elear sounds amazing with the M11pro.

:)

Oct 21, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #535 of 839

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-10-21-21-21-23-829_com.facebook.katana[1].png
    Screenshot_2019-10-21-21-21-23-829_com.facebook.katana[1].png
    317.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2019-10-21-21-21-35-290_com.facebook.katana[1].png
    Screenshot_2019-10-21-21-21-35-290_com.facebook.katana[1].png
    286.1 KB · Views: 0
Oct 21, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #537 of 839
Awesome. Thanks for the help.

Is there a big difference between 4.4 and the stock cable?

Yes there is a big difference between running them with the 3.5mm single ended plug vs the 4.4mm balanced. It doubles the power output, reduces noise/distortion and opens up the soundstage.

And I recently upgraded from the silver-plated copper cable to the pure silver litz cable from FiiO to pair with the FH7 iems and the difference is pretty big there too. So save up if you need to and get a nice cable so you're not making baby steps. .02 :)

Oct 21, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #538 of 839

So for the first week or so my M11pro got really warm, not what I would call hot. Compared to a phone it was hot though so it might frighten people not aware this is a different piece of kit.

But with every recharge of the battery it lessened and now 3 weeks in it doesn't get warmer than ambient temps by much at all even after running as a usb dac all day.

Shame they didn't have patience to audition it for 30 days before jumping the gun on a return. I think a lot of people on this forum suffer from FOMO and have the wallets to back it up, bad combo.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #539 of 839
So for the first week or so my M11pro got really warm, not what I would call hot. Compared to a phone it was hot though so it might frighten people not aware this is a different piece of kit.

But with every recharge of the battery it lessened and now 3 weeks in it doesn't get warmer than ambient temps by much at all even after running as a usb dac all day.

Shame they didn't have patience to audition it for 30 days before jumping the gun on a return. I think a lot of people on this forum suffer from FOMO and have the wallets to back it up, bad combo.
On second thought, it seems to me that this is an Amazon policy and users (who in bad faith) returned the DAP?

Oct 21, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #540 of 839
On second thought, it seems to me that this is an Amazon policy and users (who in bad faith) returned the DAP?

Yup, but I explained to FiiO that the Amazon policy was a deciding factor on giving their products a shot. So I would hate to see them punished because a few bad actors when people such as myself couldn't be happier.

Other retailers charge more than the 649.99 it sold for on Amazon. And no chance of return if it did suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back