[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Aug 19, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #8,356 of 9,288
Just discovered that sort by filename in playlists has been fixed. Instead of sorting both the playlist names and the contents of the playlist into a-z order, now it just sorts the playlist name.

So pleased this was enhanced.

Now if they could just sort out embedded lyrics to display like they do with Poweramp without having to download extras and have the lyrics add a separate file for each songs lyrics that would be great.

Poweramp just displays the embedded lyrics in the track with no issues.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #8,359 of 9,288
A long shot:
Try checking the Album Art size setting in the FiiO Music app ( Settings<File Size For Album Art)
Could be the missing covers are beyond the size limit selected. I have just one cover that exceeds the selected size and the app substitutes the default artwork until I choose the next larger file size.
Charlie
So... it turns out you were actually right. Im not sure if it is some type of glitch in the update, or whether it was intentional, but for some unknown reason the new limit is only 3MB (it was ≤10MB previously). Looks like i've got a long day of resizing artwork ahead of me.
The album files which could not show your album art correctly.

Best regards
Was this change intentional, or has something gone wrong on my end?

Aug 22, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #8,360 of 9,288
The album files which could not show your album art correctly.

Best regards
So... it turns out you were actually right. Im not sure if it is some type of glitch in the update, or whether it was intentional, but for some unknown reason the new limit is only 3MB (it was ≤10MB previously). Looks like i've got a long day of resizing artwork ahead of me.

Was this change intentional, or has something gone wrong on my end?
In the early days of DAPs, I got in the habit of resizing to about 500x500 album art size. That was in the range of recommended size for most players. I've used dbPoweramp ripper for years and would select that size in the settings menu. The program automatically resizes the selected art from the tag results.
If I need to use a scan from a CD cover, I'll resize it with FotoSizer (free) and then add it to the album tags in foobar2000. (Windows PC)
Most of my art looks pretty good - clear and sharp - on the screen.
Good luck with your project!

Aug 23, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #8,361 of 9,288
Is
there anyway that I can increase the volume of the bluetooth audio output?

When I play audio over wifi, to my Sonos Move, the volume is fine. When I use a bluetooth connection I have to turn up the speaker and my M11 quite loud to get a reasonable volume.

The M11 is running in Android mode as I'm using Spotify.

Audio is set up like this:

Output selection - PO
SPDIF out - DoP
Gain - LOW
Lowerpass filter mode - Short Delay Sharp Roll-Off Filter
Wireless playback quality - LDAC-Normal Mode
USB Mode - Storage
Balance - 0
Inline remote - unchecked
All to DSD - Unchecked
Adjustable volume at LO - unchecked
Airplay - Unchecked.

Disable absolute volume is enabled under developer options. When I had it disabled it didn't make a difference sadly.

I'm sure there's some kind of setting that I've missed somewhere.

Thanks for any help

Aug 23, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #8,362 of 9,288
Check the vol @sonos device. Several devices can control the volume via player (m11) and via BT device (headphones, speaker) at the same time. Maybe you have to volume up the sonos device afterwards. This is the only way to increase the volume...cause the BT device (headphones / speaker) has an own amp.....all other settings @M11 are not important.....

I can control my sony headphones in this way. :wink:

...otherwise, your BT device has not enough power...buy another device....

... P.S. all my BT devices are working fine (volume) with M11 (sony BT box, sony headphones).

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2020 at 6:29 AM Post #8,363 of 9,288
M11 update with latest Sony XM4 model....

With 1000XM3 the BT connection was very bad, but only the FiiO's are involved in that kind of issue - no other device of another manufact had this kind of problem!
With the upgrade to the latest 1000XM4 it seems all my issues with micro gaps / glitches gone.....the BT connection is very stable and no gaps happened until now *finger cross*

It seems the FiiO (Samsung) BT module not really worked together with the Sony BT SoC of the old headphone models.....maybe due to power limitation of the FiiO's.....note, with an (rooted) performance increased M11 the connectivity was much better....

@All Sony headphones user of the 1000XM1-XM3 model with the same issues - try the latest Sony XM4 and you will get the best performance with FiiO M11. :)

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2020 at 1:19 AM Post #8,365 of 9,288
Is
there anyway that I can increase the volume of the bluetooth audio output?

When I play audio over wifi, to my Sonos Move, the volume is fine. When I use a bluetooth connection I have to turn up the speaker and my M11 quite loud to get a reasonable volume.

The M11 is running in Android mode as I'm using Spotify.

Audio is set up like this:

Output selection - PO
SPDIF out - DoP
Gain - LOW
Lowerpass filter mode - Short Delay Sharp Roll-Off Filter
Wireless playback quality - LDAC-Normal Mode
USB Mode - Storage
Balance - 0
Inline remote - unchecked
All to DSD - Unchecked
Adjustable volume at LO - unchecked
Airplay - Unchecked.

Disable absolute volume is enabled under developer options. When I had it disabled it didn't make a difference sadly.

I'm sure there's some kind of setting that I've missed somewhere.

Thanks for any help
You can get volume booster apps that run in the background as a workaround.

Aug 27, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #8,367 of 9,288
Bluetooth module is a crap in the M11 .. volume is far too low with Airpods Pro too.. no issue at all with Hiby R6pro or any other android phones, even sony WM1A can drive correctly the airpods pro... just M11 is not able to work correctly

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #8,368 of 9,288
Re: bluetooth, I've only used my M11 with my BluDento boxes, and with an old Bose bluetooth speaker, and I have never had a problem with the volume. So whatever is going on for the rest of you may not be entirely the M11's fault. Do we know why there is this discrepancy between bluetooth experiences?

Aug 27, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #8,369 of 9,288
Re: bluetooth, I've only used my M11 with my BluDento boxes, and with an old Bose bluetooth speaker, and I have never had a problem with the volume. So whatever is going on for the rest of you may not be entirely the M11's fault. Do we know why there is this discrepancy between bluetooth experiences?
Its an issue for a decent group of users on the entire M line if you read through the threads, while many are fine with it.

This is kind of how the conversations always go. A couple people talk about it being too low for their preference, especially when compared to their other devices going louder, and a few people come in and say its fine and the discussion dies.

In the end though, the volume booster app is the only fix, as Fiio has never really engaged on the issue other than providing the usual suggestions that clearly dont address the issue.

Aug 27, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #8,370 of 9,288
In the end though, the volume booster app is the only fix, as Fiio has never really engaged on the issue other than providing the usual suggestions that clearly dont address the issue.

I tried some !! like Volume Booster GOODEV (even I tried neutron preamp).. just crap result with bringing monstrous distortion, that's all.. not solving at all M11 Bluetooth real volume issue.
On Fiio support => they just answer to deactivate absolute vol in dev mode .. which has strictly no effect !
In my case it's the only DAP with this issue, like other have on a simple google search with other headphones than apple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back