[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Sep 1, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #8,386 of 9,288
I'm losing about 5% to 6% battery per day on standby with the latest firmware (wifi off, no playback). Anyone seeing the same behaviour?

Probably need more data. I use streaming music and have tried each of Tidal, Qobuz, and Amazon HD for a 2+ months. The Amazon HD app was substantially more draining of my M11 battery even when it wasn't actively playing music compared to Tidal and Qobuz apps. One of the many reasons I deleted it with extreme prejudice. Is your experience when no apps have been activated?

Sep 1, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #8,387 of 9,288
Probably need more data. I use streaming music and have tried each of Tidal, Qobuz, and Amazon HD for a 2+ months. The Amazon HD app was substantially more draining of my M11 battery even when it wasn't actively playing music compared to Tidal and Qobuz apps. One of the many reasons I deleted it with extreme prejudice. Is your experience when no apps have been activated?
Yup. No apps active. Only updated Chrome from the Play Store and I don't use any streaming services, just the Fiio music app. Even tried a couple of factory resets and, uninstalling Play Services and Play Store.

Sep 2, 2020 at 3:11 AM Post #8,388 of 9,288
Yup. No apps active. Only updated Chrome from the Play Store and I don't use any streaming services, just the Fiio music app. Even tried a couple of factory resets and, uninstalling Play Services and Play Store.
Did you try to click the enter sleep icon to enter sleep mode and check again?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 2, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #8,390 of 9,288
I have the latest firmware and put it to sleep after closing all apps and using the sleep icon for 12 hours. It dropped from 100 to 96 in that time. This appears to be worse than the previous firmware.

Sep 2, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #8,391 of 9,288
I have the latest firmware and put it to sleep after closing all apps and using the sleep icon for 12 hours. It dropped from 100 to 96 in that time. This appears to be worse than the previous firmware.
How old is your device, approximately how many recharge cycles has it had? Do you let it drain to zero before recharging, or do you recharge at 20%. I'm just wondering if your battery may be reaching the point where it holds a charge less well due to normal aging considerations.

Sep 2, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #8,392 of 9,288
Using the sleep icon, I lost 4% in about 16 hours. Regarding charge cycles, I've had the device since last November and I've recharged it probably 4 to 5 times each month. I've always kept the charge above 20% and I've also kept it below 80% most of the time.

Sep 2, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #8,393 of 9,288
Using the sleep icon, I lost 4% in about 16 hours. Regarding charge cycles, I've had the device since last November and I've recharged it probably 4 to 5 times each month. I've always kept the charge above 20% and I've also kept it below 80% most of the time.

Hmmm, wish I could compare sleep notes with you, but I generally turn mine off at night so have a different usage pattern. Doesn't sound like you should be facing diminished capability unless the battery was charged too quickly with a quickcharger of the wrong sort.

Sep 2, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #8,394 of 9,288
Hmmm, wish I could compare sleep notes with you, but I generally turn mine off at night so have a different usage pattern. Doesn't sound like you should be facing diminished capability unless the battery was charged too quickly with a quickcharger of the wrong sort.
Does anybody actually expect to get 50, what was it, days?, of sleep time on a powered on M11? Is losing 5% a day in sleep really that unusual?

Sep 2, 2020 at 11:26 PM Post #8,395 of 9,288
Does anybody actually expect to get 50, what was it, days?, of sleep time on a powered on M11? Is losing 5% a day in sleep really that unusual?
I never was expecting to get 50 days, but only one or two fw updates ago, I was only losing about 3% battery per day. And 5% per day = 20 days, which is less than half the advertised value.

Sep 3, 2020 at 1:48 AM Post #8,396 of 9,288
ups ... I charged mine yesterday, disconnected at 22:00 and sent it to sleep with the 'EnterSleep' function.
now, 10 hours later it's still 100%

I guess, the percentage is not as accurate, as many of you expect ...

For me, battery was never an issue, it holds for ages, compared to all my other devices.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #8,400 of 9,288
Running the latest BETA firmware and my battery drop is stable and a lot better than others.

Found a few MQA files and played them with the stock player. The MQA icon lights up. I can heat the difference. The process isn't super stable yet. Or super reliable. We shall see.

Update: Playing some rock FLAC files in MQA mode I found several files play 1/4 too slowly. But only in MQA mode. In FLAC mode they play fine. In PowerAmp they play fine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back