[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Aug 11, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #8,328 of 9,288
back on 1.0.9 and after resetting the Fiio music app all seems fine. It gets warm but doesn't seem to be as warm as under 1.1.0. Nothing scientific though, purely going by touch. Maybe it always did get hot and I never noticed - I usually have it in a case. Removed it for now to check.

-Mat

Aug 11, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #8,329 of 9,288
back on 1.0.9 and after resetting the Fiio music app all seems fine. It gets warm but doesn't seem to be as warm as under 1.1.0. Nothing scientific though, purely going by touch. Maybe it always did get hot and I never noticed - I usually have it in a case. Removed it for now to check.

-Mat
it is slightly warmer, you’re right. i noticed that, too.

Aug 13, 2020 at 2:44 AM Post #8,331 of 9,288
Anyone else find their M11 runs really hot since the latest firmware update?

Currently trying to roll back to 1.0.9 to see if it makes a difference but I don't remember it being this hot previously

Thanks

-Mat
Mine recently crap itself, went dark (couldn't turn on/off and screen was blank) and got super hot about10 minuets after it crapped out. Im also having 1.1.0 issues ranging from minor to this.

Aug 13, 2020 at 3:20 AM Post #8,332 of 9,288
Mine recently *** itself, went dark (couldn't turn on/off and screen was blank) and got super hot about10 minuets after it crapped out. Im also having 1.1.0 issues ranging from minor to this.
I didn't get the shutdown or lockup but it was very hot. Rolled back to 1.0.9 and now don't have those problems.

Maybe some issue with the current latest release...

Thanks

-Mat

Aug 13, 2020 at 7:43 AM Post #8,333 of 9,288
I didn't get the shutdown or lockup but it was very hot. Rolled back to 1.0.9 and now don't have those problems.

Maybe some issue with the current latest release...

Thanks

-Mat

I will do the same. I just installed the new version and my apps are crashing continuously and the battery consumption got even worse. Fiio should have some beta users before they give out new updates. It becomes with every update more unstable.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #8,334 of 9,288
For those that are having issues with the new FW. After installing did you reset the device? So far my device is running fine (of course I just jinxed it), and all I did was install then reset.
Hopefully Fiio will reply soon.

Aug 13, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #8,336 of 9,288
Reset how? Presumably FW updates do some kind of soft reset when they install.
Fiio always said after installing to reset the device. Its in the settings under backup and reset, then factory data reset. It brings the unit back to factory default but will not erase the sd cards. I have had glitches in the past with other FW and once I reset it cleared it up. Its worth a shot if your having issues, but you WILL have to reinstall whatever apps you had installed.

Aug 13, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #8,337 of 9,288
Fiio always said after installing to reset the device. Its in the settings under backup and reset, then factory data reset. It brings the unit back to factory default but will not erase the sd cards. I have had glitches in the past with other FW and once I reset it cleared it up. Its worth a shot if your having issues, but you WILL have to reinstall whatever apps you had installed.

Ah thanks, I'd forgotten. It's been a while since I've done an FW update, and I'm holding off on 1.10 until the current noise about problems dies down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back