[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jan 12, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #7,471 of 9,288
have you tried using Poweramp or Neutron on the M11. I haven’t used Neutron personally but Poweramp gives me much more bass all the way to the point where it’s too much. Well worth the small price to compare the two apps.

I use Poweramp as well and it works well plus it lets you upscale and use SoX so I’m happy with it.

I switch between the FiiO app and Poweramp and haven’t decided which one I prefer. Poweramp def gives more bass without distorting.

Jan 12, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #7,472 of 9,288
I had a problem with an older version of Qobuz that I installed (for the first time, from the M11 applications folder), where once in a rare while I'd get a strong static sound that almost completely obliterated the music.
I haven't had the problem since I updated to a newer version of Qobuz. No idea if that's the same thing you heard. For me it wasn't a particular track that caused it, more like the app just got into some ... state. Restarting the app wasn't enough to clear the state though, I had to reboot the M11 then I could play the track.

Anyway, see if there's an update for your version of Qobuz, perhaps that will help.
I had a problem with an older version of Qobuz that I installed (for the first time, from the M11 applications folder), where once in a rare while I'd get a strong static sound that almost completely obliterated the music.
I haven't had the problem since I updated to a newer version of Qobuz. No idea if that's the same thing you heard. For me it wasn't a particular track that caused it, more like the app just got into some ... state. Restarting the app wasn't enough to clear the state though, I had to reboot the M11 then I could play the track.

Anyway, see if there's an update for your version of Qobuz, perhaps that will help.
Hi Jdtenny, I could update Qobuz with a more recent version with APKpure. The version on the fiio store is clearly outdated.

I’m still making some tests and this sound pretty good! The only think I dislike are the little noise when switching from one song to another: is this on all players?

Jan 13, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #7,473 of 9,288
I bought a 3.5mm to 4.4mm adapter from Amazon and was able to test it out on my HD 800S and Diana v2.
Here are some thoughts:

1. The soundstage width decreases, but the soundstage depth increases. It sounds more realistic to me this way, and it especially benefits the HD 800S with it's exaggerated soundstage width and lack of depth.
2. The bass region looses body or it might just be less of a 'wooly' type of feeling, but there is an increase in impact, texture and detail. This was especially good for the Diana v2 that can sometimes have too much body in the bass.
3. Imaging and separation are improved.
4. The treble region becomes more detailed and present. At first I thought it was a bit too much, but I'm getting used to it now.
5. The center-image is more exact, but at the same time the music is staying more at the top of my head. It's weird, but cool at the same time.

I'm still undecided if I want to stay balanced when listening to the Diana v2, but for the HD 800S it's a no brainer. Everything just feels more engaging.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #7,476 of 9,288
Jan 14, 2020 at 7:42 AM Post #7,477 of 9,288
Are your headphone cables 4 pole balanced 3.5mm ? if they are just standard 3 pole 3.5mm single ended then you are shorting out the 2 isolated balanced grounds with potential harm to your dap and you will get a wierd soundstage to listen to.

=O

My headphone cable is terminated in a 6.3mm jack, so I put a 3.5mm adapter on it and then added on the balanced adapter... I'm now going to guess that this isn't the proper way to do things...

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 9:01 AM Post #7,478 of 9,288
=O

My headphone cable is terminated in a 6.3mm jack, so I put a 3.5mm adapter on it and then added on the balanced adapter... I'm now going to guess that this isn't the proper way to do things...

Unfortunately not, a single ended 3.5mm (3 pole) can not be converted to a balanced 2.5mm (4 pole) or 4.4mm (5 pole) socket without shorting the 2 parts of the balanced circuit together. I know it supplies sound (in an unatural sound stage sort of way) but the circuit isn't designed to operate that way and so has the potential to cause some damage.

Jan 14, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #7,479 of 9,288
Unfortunately not, a single ended 3.5mm (3 pole) can not be converted to a balanced 2.5mm (4 pole) or 4.4mm (5 pole) socket without shorting the 2 parts of the balanced circuit together. I know it supplies sound (in an unatural sound stage sort of way) but the circuit isn't designed to operate that way and so has the potential to cause some damage.

Thanks for letting me know!

Jan 17, 2020 at 4:26 AM Post #7,483 of 9,288
Is Amazon Music working on the M11 with anyone? And what did you do to make that happen?

In my case, after installing and opening the app I very briefly see the log in screen before it is replaced by the message that my Chrome is not up to date, though I have the latest version.

So: no Amazon Music. Is this true? Or am I an exception? Is the app working with any of you on the M11?

I have no Tidal either (it keeps showing the revolving circle, clearly looking for something it can't find). But Spotify and Qobuz both work.

It shouldn't be such a hassle to have music apps running on a music player...

Jan 17, 2020 at 7:35 AM Post #7,485 of 9,288
Anybody has problem with Tidal app on the M11?
When downloading the playlists for offline listening, some of the tracks interrupt playing in the middle of the song. Although it says download complete, they wouldn't play to the end. Listening with Tidal online, there is no problem.

When I did a Tidal app update in ... december? ... something broke. Sometimes it would get stuck transitioning songs. It would be positioned at the beginning of the track and simply would not play, even if you pressed play multiple times. I'd have to drag the progress bar a bit and _then_ it would start playing. I reported it to Tidal and they were useless about fixing it. It wasn't a problem before the app upgrade. So I think the fault is entirely in Tidal's camp. I vaguely recall it happening more with playlists than with, say, albums, but I'm not sure. I also don't recall if it happened on downloaded content or not. Good luck.

It wasn't a horribly frequent thing, just enough to be repeatedly annoying. I'm trying Qobuz this month, though as far as polished applications go, Tidal software has the edge (is better) than Qobuz, play-problem notwithstanding. (My motivation in trying Qobuz was more about the types/labels of music available than the software though. )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back