[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Dec 30, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #7,383 of 9,288
I think my only real complaint is that navigating using the FiiO app in my 25k songs is _very slow_, depending on # of files in the directory, and perhaps sensitive to the way I have structured my albums. Whether there are corrective actions I might take I don't know. It isn't the card slot I've tried both. So my best guess is speed of the card, or simply the way I've organized my music.

Could it be the card? I start with a card freshly formatted to xFAT. Some other people said that there is a noticeable difference going from, say, a Sandisk Ultra to an Extreme.

So...DSD/DSF files definitely not playing gaplessly on FiiO music...Santana's Caravanserai album, where many tracks flow into each other...there's a huge blip before the next track. Anyone else experiencing this? This issue is less pronounced in Poweramp...almost a small unnoticeable click, much smoother than the FiiO app.

@FiiO - this is happening with DSD/DSF files that I have ripped from SACDs, as well as purchased files.

Given the number of SACDs that were up-sampled CDs, and the very minimal, if any, difference between PCM and DSD playback on the M11, I'd consider converting it to 88.2k PCM.

Today I received a 1TB card from Amazon, my first card of this size.

What brand did you buy? If not a very well-known brand, I'd be a bit cautious as to whether it's actually a 1TB card and not a smaller card with doctored firmware.

Dec 30, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #7,384 of 9,288
Could it be the card? I start with a card freshly formatted to xFAT. Some other people said that there is a noticeable difference going from, say, a Sandisk Ultra to an Extreme.

Given the number of SACDs that were up-sampled CDs, and the very minimal, if any, difference between PCM and DSD playback on the M11, I'd consider converting it to 88.2k PCM.

What brand did you buy? If not a very well-known brand, I'd be a bit cautious as to whether it's actually a 1TB card and not a smaller card with doctored firmware.

The brand is a no name card that was $30. - I bought it on a lark, because I also needed a new card for my camera. I am copying DSD songs to the card as we speak. Will know over the next few days if it was worth my time and effort. ( my PC does say it is close to 1 TB. )

Dec 30, 2019 at 9:11 PM Post #7,385 of 9,288
The brand is a no name card that was $30. - I bought it on a lark, because I also needed a new card for my camera. I am copying DSD songs to the card as we speak. Will know over the next few days if it was worth my time and effort. ( my PC does say it is close to 1 TB. )

I 100% guarantee you that it is fake. Fill it up to 1TB and then try and copy all the files back. You'll get errors pretty quickly. A 1TB Sandisk (i.e.: A micro SD card that is genuinely 1TB) is $249.

Dec 30, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #7,386 of 9,288
i tried the m11 pro ss in the previous weekend, it was quite a nice player with thx. but fiio just launched another m15 featured with dual akm4499. many people are hinting there will be a m15pro, or ss version very soon, it is already in their roadmap. so, i will stay put to see what's coming next.
i was looking to buy a spare 4.4 player, but no rush deciding

Dec 30, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #7,387 of 9,288
Too bad, that is like throwing out $30.

Dec 30, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #7,388 of 9,288
i tried the m11 pro ss in the previous weekend, it was quite a nice player with thx. but fiio just launched another m15 featured with dual akm4499. many people are hinting there will be a m15pro, or ss version very soon, it is already in their roadmap. so, i will stay put to see what's coming next.
i was looking to buy a spare 4.4 player, but no rush deciding
Nope, FiiO officially announced they have abandoned any planned M15Pro so you can rest easy.

Dec 30, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #7,389 of 9,288
ok, will see. thx

Dec 30, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #7,390 of 9,288
Dec 31, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #7,391 of 9,288

...really? You got really put my mind at ease with this! I got obsessed and hung up over terms sometimes, and since I've heard DSD is "the best", and I've been a bit OCD about getting it working smoothly.

There really isn't that much of a difference if I convert them to 88.2 PCM? I've done that with other SACDs in the past for other devices.

Thank you!!

Dec 31, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #7,392 of 9,288
Jan 1, 2020 at 12:20 AM Post #7,394 of 9,288
should the next version of fiio high end include THX? hope they will release soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back