[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Oct 18, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #6,976 of 9,288
Hello,

BT-Devices works great on my M11.

Two BT-Over Ear Headphones and one BT-Speaker...

Greetings

Oct 18, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #6,977 of 9,288
I really like Poweramp.
IMHO the FiiO music app lacks punch when using the EQ and it doesn't recognize embedded lyrics, plus some of the scrolling is not as smooth as Poweramp.
HiBy player is a little jerky in the UX but the EQ is slightly better than the FiiO app.

Anyone using a nicer player for both UI/UX as well as EQ ?

Oct 18, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #6,978 of 9,288
Fiio music equaliser on mine "sticks" off, weirdly won't kick in until I move a slider, then it works. Switch off and switch off unit and next time it's gone to sleep again..??

Oct 18, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #6,979 of 9,288
I have a question for you @FiiO
My samsung Galaxy s9 is able to output via usb otg to my Arcam Dac and charge at the same time using a usb-c otg dongle with PD (power delivery) the Fiio M11 will only do one at a time which affects it's ability to become a great transport. If I plug power in first it will charge but not output to Arcam, if I connect usb to arcam first it will play but not charge.
Is this a hardware limitation or can it be supported by software update?
It would be a major plus if you could use it as transport and not have to rely on battery power.

This it the adapter https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Aluminum-Pass-Through-Thunderbolt-Compatible/dp/B077FSBGQK

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #6,981 of 9,288
Does anyone have any success connecting their M11 to a network running WPA2 Enterprise?

I tried connecting the M11 to a network using EAP-TLS but the connection attempt doesn't show up in the radius server logs.

Using EAP-PEAP-MSCHAPv2 does generate a log entry

I've also attached a truncated log file from my syslog server. The log entries were generated by both my AP and radius server.
https://cdn.head-fi.org/a/10368686.txt
@FiiO Posible to look into this?

Oct 19, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #6,982 of 9,288
Has anyone else noticed that the beginning of hi-res audio tracks are slightly cut-off? Listening to an ISO/SACD of Bob Dylan's "Oh Mercy" right now, and all of the beginnings of songs sort of jerk to start, like "we now join our regularly scheduled program already in progess!

I've also noticed this with just hi-res FLAC files as well.

Oct 19, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #6,983 of 9,288
Has anyone else noticed that the beginning of hi-res audio tracks are slightly cut-off? Listening to an ISO/SACD of Bob Dylan's "Oh Mercy" right now, and all of the beginnings of songs sort of jerk to start, like "we now join our regularly scheduled program already in progess!

Not having that problem at all with any format in both hiby or fiio

Oct 20, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #6,984 of 9,288

Nope. Not a problem.
Qobuz and Amazon Music remain an issue which makes me almost regret to have bought the M11.

Oct 20, 2019 at 5:59 AM Post #6,988 of 9,288
I had a DX220, I installed Fiio Music App on it but the app and the remote control by my phone was extremely laggy.
How fluid is the Fiio Music App on M11 (PRO) when controlled by a smartphone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back