[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Oct 16, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #6,961 of 9,288
Hello friends. I have one question I guess has already been discussed, but I can't find the right answer in 400+ pages. Is there a better music player than that fiio player. I have a usb audio player pro but it is not in apkpure and I cannot install it on the player. Can anyone offer me one from apkpure? Otherwise I use my fiio m11 with sennheiser HD660s with balanced 4.4. It is amazing player.

Oct 16, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #6,963 of 9,288
Try 2.4Ghz exclusively and see if that helps.

As far as microwaves - lots of devices emit RF. You can tell when that "never frozen" restaurant is full of poop when your wifi dies. :wink:

Thanks Vitandus

I was literally just in my wireless router settings, I have as default 2.4ghz & 5ghz dual band enabled. I went to connected devices and found the Fiio connected to 2.4ghz at 31mbs. I turned off 2.4ghz just leaving 5ghz enabled and the Fiio see's the access point in the list of wifi connections but it won't connect at 5ghz, I wonder if when it drops its wifi connection it has tried swapping for 2.4ghz to 5ghz?

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #6,964 of 9,288
Hello friends. I have one question I guess has already been discussed, but I can't find the right answer in 400+ pages. Is there a better music player than that fiio player. I have a usb audio player pro but it is not in apkpure and I cannot install it on the player. Can anyone offer me one from apkpure? Otherwise I use my fiio m11 with sennheiser HD660s with balanced 4.4. It is amazing player.
There seems to be a split between people who prefer the Hiby app, Neutron, Fiio. Poweramp is mentioned and that's what I've been using, but I'm giving Fiio music a go. It ultimately comes down to what you prefer and what you're looking for. Some people swear by Neutron as having the best (most neutral?) sound, but it's not a great UI and feels to me like Windows 98. Try each one out for yourself and see which one hits the spot.

I like Poweramp because it has auto-scan for newly added songs, easy UI to get used to, good equalizer, but it's not free. It only cost a few bucks, but that's a turnoff for some people.

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #6,965 of 9,288
Since I can't use the USB audio player pro (which was convenient for me because I listened to Tidal as well from there), I think of staying on fiio music and poweramp. The problem with poweramp is that I don't know how to use the paid version. I paid through the google store on my phone, but I can't use it on m11 because there is no email. I guess I should buy it again from their site, but I don't know if it's possible through the player

Oct 16, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #6,966 of 9,288
Since I can't use the USB audio player pro (which was convenient for me because I listened to Tidal as well from there), I think of staying on fiio music and poweramp. The problem with poweramp is that I don't know how to use the paid version. I paid through the google store on my phone, but I can't use it on m11 because there is no email. I guess I should buy it again from their site, but I don't know if it's possible through the player
I was able to get my paid version activated. If you log on their website you should be able to get it sorted from there. Worst case scenario, shoot them an email and you should be able to get verified that way.

Oct 16, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #6,969 of 9,288
We discussed the FiiO M11 Amazon Music problem (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/amazon-music-problems-on-the-fiio-m11.916710/).
The strange thing is, I have almost the identical problem with Qobuz. As long Qobuz is running it works fine. But if I change to Amazon Music and get it running with the Neutron/HiBy 88.2 kHz trick, Qobuz would not work any longer. And you have to invest as much time in getting Qobuz working again. So far it is the same Neutron/HiBy trick for Qobuz as for the Amazon Music player. As I do not have this problem on my Samsung A8 (2018), please @FiiO investigate and come up with an update to get it right. Thanks.

Oct 16, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #6,971 of 9,288
My issue seems to be exclusively that it won't connect to 5ghz for some reason.
I live in the UK and the m11 was a Chinese import from ali express, does anyone know if this would cause issues connecting to UK 5ghz wifi?
I'm in Canada. Mine was from AliExpress and haven't had an issue. As far as I know, the units are the exact same all across the board, but I could be mistaken.

Oct 17, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #6,973 of 9,288
Does anyone have any success connecting their M11 to a network running WPA2 Enterprise?

I tried connecting the M11 to a network using EAP-TLS but the connection attempt doesn't show up in the radius server logs.

Using EAP-PEAP-MSCHAPv2 does generate a log entry
Login incorrect (Failed retrieving values required to evaluate condition)

I've also attached a truncated log file from my syslog server. The log entries were generated by both my AP and radius server.
https://cdn.head-fi.org/a/10368686.txt

Attachments

• radius log.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #6,975 of 9,288
Why is hard for M11 to connect bluetooth speaker? Can't find the device..

Any advice for me

Thank you very much for advance

Are you sure the speaker is ready to accept pairing? Is your bluetooth on (on the M11)? Can you see the device, but just not pair with it? If you can see it, tap on it in the settings->bluetooth-><speaker-name> dialog. Try turning the M11 bluetooth on and off again if necessary.

If you're savvy about all the above and have it set up, then my best guess is that some _other_ device is actively paired with the bluetooth speaker (your phone maybe?) and needs to disconnect before the speaker will accept a new connection.

I've never had trouble pairing with bluetooth receivers. The most frequent problem I have is when some other device is paired with the target.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back